This is a problem

But… Ryan Day said we need spring ball and travel 7 on 7’s because we’re falling behind!

The whole thing is stupid. Mark my words, in 10 years the only changes that we will see in Ohio because of more 7 on 7 and practice time are LESS kids playing baseball, LESS kids running track, and still LESS kids playing football because they are demanded to commit more time to it. At the same time, the percentage of Ohio kids that go on to play college ball will not change.
And that is what people don’t realize. At the end of the day, it’s still a student activity. You will still have the same percentage of kids going to college no matter what you add to off season programming.

Not much else to be said. Ohio continues to fall behind and southeastern states are starting to match/surpass our state which is crazy.
View attachment 58099
I feel like you've brought up this "issue" before and continue to try to advocate for spring ball.

And I feel like for the 3rd, 4th maybe even 5th time I keep asking you to provide evidence that spring ball solves the issue and not just simply loss of population / gain of population.

You must have some $$$$ interest in getting spring ball going in Ohio.

I feel like you've brought up this "issue" before and continue to try to advocate for spring ball.

And I feel like for the 3rd, 4th maybe even 5th time I keep asking you to provide evidence that spring ball solves the issue and not just simply loss of population / gain of population.

You must have some $$$$ interest in getting spring ball going in Ohio.
Im not advocating for anything other than for Ohio to be the best at football.

Im not advocating for anything other than for Ohio to be the best at football
The solution is pretty simple. You need to go to Columbus build a nice indoor facility similar to what the pros have. Then offer free training to any and all Ohio high school football players in the off season. Bring in some retired coaches from the 70s and 80s have them show the kids how it used to be done. Toss in some 7v7 and proper weight training. In a few years I’m sure we will see a small school qb that’s 5’7” running the offense in the Shoe on his way to being a first round pick.