This is a problem

Because some coaches have standards with regards to grades, behavior, practice attendance, films, overall effort, and even attitude.
If there are problems with "behavior, practice attendance, films, overall effort, and even attitude" then that player is not very likely one of the best on the team.

Best athletes, maybe. Best players, no.

I always figured that since there were very specific state and district requirements about grades and residency those were not up to me to judge. And actually not legal for me to ignore or supersede..

Last edited:
If there are problems with "behavior, practice attendance, films, overall effort, and even attitude" then that players is not very likely one of the best on the team.

Best athletes, maybe. Best players, no.
Players and athletes... what's the difference?

Secondly, coaches play these cancers all the time. And it typically comes back to bite them in the rear end come playoffs. But they'll keep doing it because, you know, winning.

Cincy Metro is growing, just not as fast as Columbus. And most of that growth is outside of Hamilton County. If you venture into Warren or Butler Counties, there are neighborhoods being built at break-neck paces Little Miami will be the size of Mason population wise in 20 years tops. And if you cross the river into Northern KY into Boone, Kenton, and Campbell Counties, they are exploding down there with houses being built every time you turn around. Many of the schools keep adding on and new ones being built to accommodate all the new influx of people. And that number will increase dramatically once Amazon's gigantic Air Hub is fully complete probably some time in 2025. And then the Brent Spence Corridor project will probably be in pretty full swing with construction, that too will bring in massive amounts of jobs for 6-7 years.

That is all true but the reality is, Ohio is not doing nearly as well as Columbus & Cincinnati nor is Ohio growing comparatively as is the football states Florida, Texas, California, Georgia & Louisiana. Ohio quality of high school football from top to bottom is as good or better than those states, Ohio just doesn’t have the number of Top 300 ESON recruits or Top 25 teams.

So, you can't articulate it?
It's such an obvious difference I am just shocked you fail to comprehend without it being explained to you.

Anyone but the most casual of fans understands that there is a huge difference between being a great athlete and a good football player.

It's such an obvious difference I am just shocked you fail to comprehend without it being explained to you.

Anyone but the most casual of fans understands that there is a huge difference between being a great athlete and a good football player.
So, again, you can't seem to describe it.

Ohio allows 13 days of coaching from May 15th to August 1st. Before last year it was 10 for who knows how many years from June 1 to August 1st. To make this statement is just completely false.
“ Coaching” - no pads, no contact. I’ve heard so many people arguye argue against 7v7 on this site as to how it is not real football. Those coaching days aren’t real football with that logic.

However, if your school, coach, team and community are about football, you are doing whatever you want anyway.

“ Coaching” - no pads, no contact. I’ve heard so many people arguye argue against 7v7 on this site as to how it is not real football. Those coaching days aren’t real football with that logic.
That's an extremely dumb comparison.

In small words words easy for even you to understand, maybe not.
Well, this is closer to being coherent, but still not quite there. Maybe your third edit at this failed attempt to insult my intelligence will make it understandable for those of us who are actually literate.

Well, this is closer to being coherent, but still not quite there. Maybe your third edit at this failed attempt to insult my intelligence will make it understandable for those of us who are actually literate.
To be clear, I have repeatedly insulted you intelligence.

Because football games were generally more competitive then, but more importantly, the game didn’t occupy nearly as much of kids’ time back then.
That is true of all sports, look at bball kids don't play in camps most of the summer? Repetition or muscle memory as it is called now makes for a better player.

That is true of all sports, look at bball kids don't play in camps most of the summer? Repetition or muscle memory as it is called now makes for a better player.
True.

However, maybe this is a 'get off my lawn' moment but as a whole I do not see baseball or basketball any better today than they were 'back when i was bangin' (IYKYK) and those two sports take so much time in the offseason for kids.

Many kids today may be bigger and stronger, but overall I do not think the teams/players are better today.

There is a thing that gets missed when these kids scatter and do all these other teams....and that is teamwork, knowing what each player next to you is doing, etc.
Kids get so individualized but these are team sports and the individualism has not lead to better 'teams.

Football I feel is more diverse I would call it better, and I think that comes from their additional team practicing and the game using more than just one aspect, running the football.

Once I finally got to sleep I woke up in a cold sweat. I had a dream I got chased from Florida to Massillon by a group of people throwing buckeyes at me and yelling "Only ten NFL draft Picks!"
By the look at last years championship game with Mass1llon, if it was their QB was throwing those buckeyes at you they most def missed their mark........