Watching bowl games?

14Red

So are you watching bowl games? I've not watched one yet. I really don't like the fact that so many guys are opting out of the bowl games to avoid injury for the pro draft, or they are in the transfer portal and are looking for their next stop.
I really see a time soon when you'll see the NCAA not open the portal until after the bowls are completed.

So are you watching bowl games? I've not watched one yet. I really don't like the fact that so many guys are opting out of the bowl games to avoid injury for the pro draft, or they are in the transfer portal and are looking for their next stop.
I really see a time soon when you'll see the NCAA not open the portal until after the bowls are completed.
Watching two teams with 6-6 records play? No thanks.

I’ve had a few games on as background noise, but the only one I’ve actively watched at all was Northwestern vs Utah. I’ll probably start watching a little more tonight. Definitely will watch ND vs Oregon St and Ohio St vs Missouri on Friday.

I've tried, I've been unsuccessful so far. Probably the best I will.do is Buckeyes Friday, plus the other NY6 and of course playoffs

Watched more women's basketball the last few weeks(Iowa, OSU, U Conn) than bowl games (0).

Will watch the only 3 that matter. Bama vs. Michigan. Washington vs. Texas. Michigan vs. the winner of Washington vs. Texas.

I only watch the most important ones:

1. Pop-tarts Bowl
2. 68 Ventures Bowl
3. Guaranteed Rate Bowl
4. Famous Toastery Bowl
5. Cure Bowl

You should watch UGA smash the Seminoles, too. Take some schadenfreude after having to listen to FSU whine and moan.
I would have, but everything I read there are so many opt outs. Unless it's "your" team, it's hard to watch. The Bowls are just not the same anymore. Some might be good games, but in reality they are more about getting next years team playing time. It's not even a true representative of the 2023 teams with all the players that opt out. I understand why they do it, but for me, I have much less interest.

The way Miller Moss is chucking the football tonight for SC, Will Howard's choice maybe down to OSU or NFL.
Here is a case where Caleb Williams SHOULD have played. As we kind of already know with Lincoln Riley QB's, their peak when they are with him in college (Mayfield, Murray). By Williams not playing and Moss balling out, is it more the system than the QB?

I would have, but everything I read there are so many opt outs. Unless it's "your" team, it's hard to watch. The Bowls are just not the same anymore. Some might be good games, but in reality they are more about getting next years team playing time. It's not even a true representative of the 2023 teams with all the players that opt out. I understand why they do it, but for me, I have much less interest.
I hear you. Gotta pretend it's the first game of next season sometimes, because it is.

Here is a case where Caleb Williams SHOULD have played. As we kind of already know with Lincoln Riley QB's, their peak when they are with him in college (Mayfield, Murray). By Williams not playing and Moss balling out, is it more the system than the QB?
Interesting way to look at it. Makes you wonder

I have them on in the background. Mostly because these games have been lopsided. Also all the opt-outs.
That’s kind of how I’ve been. But I don’t really mind the opt outs. You never know when a backup will have a phenomenal game. Most times there’s very little film on those replacements.

Wrong, Williams is projected to be a top 5 pick, he is not going to drop in the draft just because his back up did well in the Holiday Bowl.

That’s kind of how I’ve been. But I don’t really mind the opt outs. You never know when a backup will have a phenomenal game. Most times there’s very little film on those replacements.
Oh good, so there should be some great performances coming up then. We'll see how this turns out.

Under normal circumstance, I'd be happy just for a good competitive game. But Miami leading with cheap shots, trying to be the criminals of old. I hope they get stomped. If Cristobol is thinking he's hard. mash him.

Right. After the committee told FSU their first 13 wins didn't matter , it's not the same team. Virtually the entire offense went to the draft or transferred along with a lot of the defense. I don't blame them after the screw job

The non playoff games are just scrimmages for next year now

You don’t think USC qb replacement throwing 6 tds was great?
It is great, I was being tongue in cheek somewhat. My main point was Lincoln Riley's system is going to put most QB's he works with in a position where they can put up big numbers. The backups at most other places are not going to fair so well and they games will be sloppy and unattractive, kind of like most of them has been.
Outside of the 4 playoff teams, coaches are probably ok with the current setup because it's another month they can practice and scrimmage heading into next season. No one is really counting these bowl games anymore.

Amazing! We actually agree on something.
We Are Doomed Reaction GIF