#PACtion™ 2024

Why in the world did Smoove get up and get out of the 'ospitle only come up in here and see all of this blasphimical material on PACtion2024? Smoove don't need to readifyin' 'bout no radio stationations, no commerciallizationation!!Y'all gots 113 pages of a thread, and the last 20 are plain and simple nutrageousness!!! Smoove could have just turnified CNN or MSNBC if Smoove wantified to hear aboutcht or read aboutcht unsubstantiationated blitheringness stuff. COme on, y'all! Y'all be better than this! Preach on some mores about BellStores, what specials they gots goin' on. Hecks, y'all, Smoove might even thinkify Smoove mighta been better of not gettin' well and just dyin' 'stead of gettin' better and gettin' all bonified up to see what was new on PACtion, only to find this MESS! Y'all disappointedanated Smoove, fo 'rill!
Pleez do not make Smoove think Smoove shoulda jus gived up in the 'ospitle, y'all, 'cuz that is what Smoove thinkin' Smoove shoulda done well dun! Get y'all mindz straight, Kotite, get on point! You know you my brothuh from 'nutha muthah; bluestreak, PITman, come on, y'all!
Do Smoove haveta do the "C'mon, Man!" immitationation of the brain-dead POTUS for y'all to think Smoove serious as all get up, get back, getdown and get around??!!! Smoove camed off Smoove's death bed for somethin' more than THIS!!!! Smoove gonna promise to be better, so y'all gots to bring the BETTERNESS as well! Smoove dun stared down the grim reaper and Smoove kicked its behind like a muthah!
LEt's do it, y'all!!!! GO PACtion 2024
Do You Understand English GIF

A little bit off topic but I was wondering if other's have this same problem. I have a dvr through my cable provider. I use to watch OSU games on tv and listen to the radio for play by play coverage. Apparently the dvr recorder is on a slight delay so the radio broadcast is ahead of the play on tv. Hate it if they have a couple of annoying announcers broadcasting on tv. End of rant.
You will have to do what I do...the radio will be a play and a half ahead...listen to the game and when it is a good play just wait on it....I actually listen to the game now....lol

Last edited:
The good people of Perry County including Thornville and New Lex have won the lottery of convenient store greatness.

However, Sheridan is too good for PACtion™ school #8 but they're about as far away as Carrollton.
You are crazy....lol...Shootnation is only an hour away from Tuslaw High School....Thornville Sheridan is 2 hours away from Tuslaw...lol

Why in the world did Smoove get up and get out of the 'ospitle only come up in here and see all of this blasphimical material on PACtion2024? Smoove don't need to readifyin' 'bout no radio stationations, no commerciallizationation!!Y'all gots 113 pages of a thread, and the last 20 are plain and simple nutrageousness!!! Smoove could have just turnified CNN or MSNBC if Smoove wantified to hear aboutcht or read aboutcht unsubstantiationated blitheringness stuff. COme on, y'all! Y'all be better than this! Preach on some mores about BellStores, what specials they gots goin' on. Hecks, y'all, Smoove might even thinkify Smoove mighta been better of not gettin' well and just dyin' 'stead of gettin' better and gettin' all bonified up to see what was new on PACtion, only to find this MESS! Y'all disappointedanated Smoove, fo 'rill!
Pleez do not make Smoove think Smoove shoulda jus gived up in the 'ospitle, y'all, 'cuz that is what Smoove thinkin' Smoove shoulda done well dun! Get y'all mindz straight, Kotite, get on point! You know you my brothuh from 'nutha muthah; bluestreak, PITman, come on, y'all!
Do Smoove haveta do the "C'mon, Man!" immitationation of the brain-dead POTUS for y'all to think Smoove serious as all get up, get back, getdown and get around??!!! Smoove camed off Smoove's death bed for somethin' more than THIS!!!! Smoove gonna promise to be better, so y'all gots to bring the BETTERNESS as well! Smoove dun stared down the grim reaper and Smoove kicked its behind like a muthah!
death reportsofmydeath GIF by Stoneham Press

Smoove returns!

Smoove! Welcome back my man. I'm sure we were all wondering where ya got off too. Hope that sugar thing is doing better for ya. Was wondering how ya were.

In 1980 Tuslaw would have had 4 non-conference games and 6 Senate League games...how many league games would have Manchester had? Also did Tuslaw play any non-league games that were considered must schedule games every year...and was Tuslaw larger then Manchester then?
I was a Class of 80 grad. All four of my football seasons at Manchester 76-79 we played in the All-Ohio League. We had five league games and five out-of-conference games. This was the Manchester schedule my senior season:

NORTHWEST OOC
ROOTSTOWN OOC
CLEAR FORK OOC
WEST HOLMES LEAGUE
FAIRLESS LEAGUE
TRIWAY LEAGUE
ORRVILLE LEAGUE
GREEN OOC
TUSKY VALLEY LEAGUE
COVENTRY OOC

At some point, we probably should have considered Tuslaw for football. Not sure why we didn't. The proximity made sense, and size wasn't a factor because we played a lot of teams that had more kids than we did.

Screenshot_20240425-080725-635.png

The prime minister of Australia who is considered a clown by some Aussies has no comment about @Smoove Mooves

Last edited:
I was a Class of 80 grad. All four of my football seasons at Manchester 76-79 we played in the All-Ohio League. We had five league games and five out-of-conference games. This was the Manchester schedule my senior season:

NORTHWEST OOC
ROOTSTOWN OOC
CLEAR FORK OOC
WEST HOLMES LEAGUE
FAIRLESS LEAGUE
TRIWAY LEAGUE
ORRVILLE LEAGUE
GREEN OOC
TUSKY VALLEY LEAGUE
COVENTRY OOC

At some point, we probably should have considered Tuslaw for football. Not sure why we didn't. The proximity made sense, and size wasn't a factor because we played a lot of teams that had more kids than we did.
I remember the All Ohio League well from coverage in the Massillon Independent back in the 1980's. The Independent sports section used to have tuffness while the rest of the newspaper had a distinct local flavor with columns like "Navarre Notes" and "The Tusky Muskie" sprinkled in with your usual stories from Massillon City Council, Jackson Township Trustee meetings, and who died, got married, or arrested.

Later on when the Independent starting printing reader opinions that were recorded on their newsroom answering machine in their daily segment "On The Line", they struck gold. Those comments were the tuffest of the tuff and I would estimate many comments were not made while being sober.

Anyways, your senior year of 1980 with Manchester and first game as an OOC with Northwest was at the end of Northwest's tenure in the Senate League before they switched to the All Ohio League. It was a swap of Northwest to the AOL and Tusky Valley to the Senate League. I think the swap happened sometime around 1983 or 84.

Coventry jumped in the AOL in the early 80's, too, although my memory of that is murky like Nimisila Reservoir.

Last edited:
Time to look back with fond memories of PACtion 2023. It was a big day on April 25th 2023.....it started with the 1000th post of the year! Also we were moving at a leisurely pace and were on page 34. The memorable post like always had Coach Kotite taking us back in time!

"Listen Raylan- He might be 83 years old and hangin' on in his senior citizen retirement years, but I've got a coach who shook things up with the Silver Stretch offense in the late 1980's and early 90's. This coach has an open mind about offense and has Canton connections on top of it so he may be willing to open up his vaunted and coveted Rodney Peete playbook for Poochie Snyder:"

Time to look back with fond memories of PACtion 2023. It was a big day on April 25th 2023.....it started with the 1000th post of the year! Also we were moving at a leisurely pace and were on page 34. The memorable post like always had Coach Kotite taking us back in time!

"Listen Raylan- He might be 83 years old and hangin' on in his senior citizen retirement years, but I've got a coach who shook things up with the Silver Stretch offense in the late 1980's and early 90's. This coach has an open mind about offense and has Canton connections on top of it so he may be willing to open up his vaunted and coveted Rodney Peete playbook for Poochie Snyder:"
And that coach I was referring to.....Wayne Fontes of the Detroit Lions.

1714063807129.png

This photo might be tuffer:

1714063999605.png

I remember the All Ohio League well from coverage in the Massillon Independent back in the 1980's. The Independent sports section used to have tuffness while the rest of the newspaper had a distinct local flavor with columns like "Navarre Notes" and "The Tusky Muskie" sprinkled in with your usual stories from Massillon City Council, Jackson Township Trustee meetings, and who died, got married, or arrested.

Later on when the Independent starting printing reader opinions that were recorded on their newsroom answering machine in their daily segment "On The Line", they struck gold. Those comments were the tuffest of the tuff and I would estimate many comments were not made while being sober.

Anyways, your senior year of 1980 with Manchester and first game as an OOC with Northwest was at the end of Northwest's tenure in the Senate League before they switched to the All Ohio League. It was a swap of Northwest to the AOL and Tusky Valley to the Senate League. I think the swap happened sometime around 1983 or 84.

Coventry jumped in the AOL in the early 80's, too, although my memory of that is murky like Nimisila Reservoir.
I used to like that trip down to Tusky. My freshman year after the game, the team arranged to stop at a restaurant in Zoar that served everything up country/family style. Many noodles were consumed on that day.

Two Red Riders, a Titan, and Mike Breckenridge of WQKT 104.5 named:

This is great stuff. Honestly, shocked Breck wasn't in already.

Not sure how many on this site will know of Brad Doty, but if they ever do a 30 for 30 on Sprint car drivers it would him. Dude was a demon on the track, suffered a horrible injury, then became one of the "voices" of his sport as a broadcaster. Good for Wayne Co for inducting him considering he just made the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame.

This is great stuff. Honestly, shocked Breck wasn't in already.

Not sure how many on this site will know of Brad Doty, but if they ever do a 30 for 30 on Sprint car drivers it would him. Dude was a demon on the track, suffered a horrible injury, then became one of the "voices" of his sport as a broadcaster. Good for Wayne Co for inducting him considering he just made the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame.

Breckenridge should have been in a while ago but the recent sale of WQKT clearly sped that decision up. The WCSHOF might also be sending a message to "River 104.5 FM."

PAC Game of the Year - 2007 | Tusky Valley (2-1, 0-0 PAC) at CVCA (3-0, 0-0 PAC) | Week 4 | September 14, 2007
This is the ninth in an ongoing series, highlighting the PAC Game of the Year in each season, from 1999 through 2023, which will lead up to the start of the 2024 high school football season. For a look back at prior summaries, click here for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

The 2007 Principals Athletic Conference race was a battle between three teams. Tusky Valley and Tuslaw were set to reprise their great battle from a year earlier. And CVCA was hitting their stride with junior John Pettigrew in the backfield, looking to back up the 8-3 record from a year earlier. The schedule had the Trojans set to face both the Royals and Mustangs in back-to-back early season tilts in Weeks 4 and 5.

The PAC season opener gets the nod as the 2007 Game of the Year, although an argument could be made for the rematch that occurred between Tusky Valley and Tuslaw a week later.

The Week 4 setting was Royals Stadium, and the day had a summer-like field with the mercury topping out at 80° during the day. The Royals were undefeated, winning the first two non-conference games at home against New London and John Adams, and they passed a road test in Week 3 against St. Thomas Aquinas. The Mustangs had dropped the opener at Waynedale but had bounced back with a road with at Indian Valley and a win in the home opener against Garaway. Both teams were scoring lots of points, but the defenses were still works in process.

That set the stage for a night of big plays from both sides - albeit featuring different styles of offense.

CVCA senior Jared Kusar got things started when he struck first on a 36-yard run in the first quarter to put the Royals up 7-0. But Trojans senior Steven Spillman answered with a one-yard plunge to tie it before the end of the quarter. Things were just getting started.

John Pettigrew sits atop the Royals all-time rushing list to this day, and in the second quarter, the CVCA junior running back rumbled for 79 of his 6,389 career yards. His trip the the end zone and the subsequent PAT gave the home team a 14-7 lead at the break.

When you have a back like Pettigrew, you ride him. CVCA threw just one pass all night. They rushed it 49 times for 396 yards. Pettigrew had 280 yards on 26 carriers by himself, which set the Royals all-time single game rushing record at the time. (Incidentally, the record only lasted two weeks. He went for 379 on 27 carries in a win against Tuslaw two weeks later.)

The Royals opened the third quarter scoring with another 69-yard blast from Pettigrew and seemed to be in command with a 21-7 lead. The Trojans ran the ball in their balanced offense 36 times on the night, and credit to head coach Dale Martini for remaining committed to the run, which struggled to average 3.7 yards an attempt on the evening. But ... as it often does, it opened up the passing game. And Tusky Valley had many of the same cast of characters that victimized Tuslaw through the air a year earlier.

Senior quarterback Pat Kane hit Sam Gergley on a pair of long touchdown passes - the first 60 yards and the second for 59 yards. And before you could blink, the Trojans were right back in it. A blocked PAT after the second pitch and catch had the Royals clinging to a 21-20 lead as the game advanced to the final stanza.

The Royals responded and Kusar capped the next drive with another 4-yard touchdown run. But by then, it was game on. Kane brought the Trojans offense back out on the field, and after a night of watching Pettigrew and Kusar run up and down the field, Tusky Valley's Spillman got to work setting some records of his own.

Kane engineered another drive, and Spillman capped it off with a one-yard plunge for his second score of the night - a night where he set his own school record for total career yardage (3,236 ... and counting with six regular season games plus playoffs remaining). In comparison to Pettigrew, he finished his evening with a rather pedestrian 93 yards on 21 carries. A two point pass play from Kane to Gergley tied it midway through the final quarter at 28-apiece.

The Royals got the ball back, and began to matriculate down the field. How else can you describe an old school offense that is set up to pound it down the throat of it's opponent? It was up to Tusky Valley to try to stop Pettigrew. It was no secret the junior would carry the load on CVCA's penultimate drive, and with just under two minutes to go, he blasted into the secondary again and didn't stop running until he tallied his third long score of the evening - this one from 55 yards away. CVCA's Derek Bosshard booted the extra point, and the Royals led again 35-28 with 1:44 left.

The defending PAC champs had one final chance. In a game where they had never led, they had the ball and a balanced offense, set up to run the two-minute drill. Tusky Valley marched down to the CVCA 25-yard line in just over a minute. It was time for seniors to step up. And quarterback Pat Kane did just that. On the next play from scrimmage, the quarterback hit fellow senior Spillman in the end zone with just 27 seconds left.

Veteran coach Dale Martini had seen enough of John Pettigrew and the Royals on the evening. There would be no overtime. The Trojans would go for two. Kane and Spillman - the third Spillman brother to suit up for the Trojans - saw their number called one more time. The two longtime teammates hooked up again on the two-point attempt, and the Trojans had their first lead of the night, 36-35, with scant time left for CVCA to respond.

Pettigrew and the Royals marched back out onto the field after the kickoff. They Royals had rushed 49 times for 396 yards as a team without putting the ball in the air once. But with little time left, CVCA was in desperation mode. Their first - and only passing attempt of the night - was intercepted by Kane. It spoiled the record-breaking night for Pettigrew and the Royals.

Kane finished 12 for 19 The through the air for 244 yards, with three passing touchdowns and more importantly, two successful PAT passes. And Steven Spillman? He had three touchdowns of his own - two on the ground and the all important one through the air in the game's final half-minute. And of course, the PAT catch to win it.

The 2007 Game of the Year in the PAC went to the Trojans - for the second year in a row.

A week later, Tusky Valley and Tuslaw met again for the rematch of their classic from the previous year. It was another barn burner, but a painful memory for Tuslaw fans. The Wooster Daily Record concisely summarized the festivities in Zoarville. Remember that Spillman kid?
These two Principals Athletic Conference foes combined for 730 yards of total offense. But it was a Tusky Valley defensive play which sealed the deal in this game. Steven Spillman returned a fumble 40 yards as time expired, capping TV's 19-point fourth quarter.

Spillman and Tusky Valley shocked the Mustangs 32-25.

The Postscript

After dispatching its toughest two competitors in the first two weeks of conference play, Tusky Valley went undefeated in the PAC to win the conference outright. They did fall in Week 8 in a nonconference battle against Warren JFK 49-21. The 8-2 record earned them the 6-seed in Division 4 Region 13 and the careers of Kane, Spillman and Gergley came to an end in a Week 11 lost to Canton Central Catholic.

Spillman still leads all Tusky Valley players in career rushing yards (3,347), career All-Purpose Yards (3,925) and points scored (306). The Times Reporter published a feature on Spillman a week after the CVCA game, and you can read it below.

Pat Kane finished second all time in passing yards (2,800) behind only his brother Dan. All these years later, he still is fourth on the list.

Sam Gergley finished his career as the all-time leader in receiving yards (1,118) and still sits third all-time in that category.

CVCA ended up that one two-point conversion away from a perfect season. The Royals finished 9-1 and finished second in the conference. That earned them the 7-seed in Region 13, and the Royals ended their season with a 28-10 defeat in Week 11 at Steubenville.

Here are the local paper game recaps from Week 4 in 2007 from the ABJ and The Times Reporter:

TimesReporter_TV_CVCA_2007.png
-y

CVCA_Tusky Valley_2007_Story.png

CVCA_Tusky Valley_2007_Box.png

Steven Spillman Feature | 21 September 2007 | The Times Reporter

SpillmanFeature_1of2.png

SpillmanFeature_2of2.png

Last edited:
I used to like that trip down to Tusky. My freshman year after the game, the team arranged to stop at a restaurant in Zoar that served everything up country/family style. Many noodles were consumed on that day.
Were you playing varsity as a freshman? The arrangement to eat after the game leads me to believe you played on Saturday afternoon...kick-off at 2 pm...as noted they had no lights at their stadium...if it was a freshman game you would have played that at around 4 pm usually on Thursday..I think if it was a jv game they would have played that game at 10 am Saturday. Do you remember what the restaurant name or where in Zoar...there weren't many places in Zoar proper. I always like golfing at Zoar...the town always looks nice

PAC Game of the Year - 2007 | Tusky Valley (2-1, 0-0 PAC) at CVCA (3-0, 0-0 PAC) | Week 4 | September 14, 2007
This is the ninth in an ongoing series, highlighting the PAC Game of the Year in each season, from 1999 through 2023, which will lead up to the start of the 2024 high school football season. For a look back at prior summaries, click here for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

The 2007 Principals Athletic Conference race was a battle between three teams. Tusky Valley and Tuslaw were set to reprise their great battle from a year earlier. And CVCA was hitting their stride with junior John Pettigrew in the backfield, looking to back up the 8-3 record from a year earlier. The schedule had the Trojans set to face both the Royals and Mustangs in back-to-back early season tilts in Weeks 4 and 5.

The PAC season opener gets the nod as the 2007 Game of the Year, although an argument could be made for the rematch that occurred between Tusky Valley and Tuslaw a week later.

The Week 4 setting was Royals Stadium, and the day had a summer-like field with the mercury topping out at 80° during the day. The Royals were undefeated, winning the first two non-conference games at home against New London and John Adams, and they passed a road test in Week 3 against St. Thomas Aquinas. The Mustangs had dropped the opener at Waynedale but had bounced back with a road with at Indian Valley and a win in the home opener against Garaway. Both teams were scoring lots of points, but the defenses were still works in process.

That set the stage for a night of big plays from both sides - albeit featuring different styles of offense.

CVCA senior Jared Kusar got things started when he struck first on a 36-yard run in the first quarter to put the Royals up 7-0. But Trojans senior Steven Spillman answered with a one-yard plunge to tie it before the end of the quarter. Things were just getting started.

John Pettigrew sits atop the Royals all-time rushing list to this day, and in the second quarter, the CVCA junior running back rumbled for 79 of his 6,389 career yards. His trip the the end zone and the subsequent PAT gave the home team a 14-7 lead at the break.

When you have a back like Pettigrew, you ride him. CVCA threw just one pass all night. They rushed it 49 times for 396 yards. Pettigrew had 280 yards on 26 carriers by himself, which set the Royals all-time single game rushing record at the time. (Incidentally, the record only lasted two weeks. He went for 379 on 27 carries in a win against Tuslaw two weeks later.)

The Royals opened the third quarter scoring with another 69-yard blast from Pettigrew and seemed to be in command with a 21-7 lead. The Trojans ran the ball in their balanced offense 36 times on the night, and credit to head coach Dale Martini for remaining committed to the run, which struggled to average 3.7 yards an attempt on the evening. But ... as it often does, it opened up the passing game. And Tusky Valley had many of the same cast of characters that victimized Tuslaw through the air a year earlier.

Senior quarterback Pat Kane hit Sam Gergley on a pair of long touchdown passes - the first 60 yards and the second for 59 yards. And before you could blink, the Trojans were right back in it. A blocked PAT after the second pitch and catch had the Royals clinging to a 21-20 lead as the game advanced to the final stanza.

The Royals responded and Kusar capped the next drive with another 4-yard touchdown run. But by then, it was game on. Kane brought the Trojans offense back out on the field, and after a night of watching Pettigrew and Kusar run up and down the field, Tusky Valley's Spillman got to work setting some records of his own.

Kane engineered another drive, and Spillman capped it off with a one-yard plunge for his second score of the night - a night where he set his own school record for total career yardage (3,236 ... and counting with six regular season games plus playoffs remaining). In comparison to Pettigrew, he finished his evening with a rather pedestrian 93 yards on 21 carries. A two point pass play from Kane to Gergley tied it midway through the final quarter at 28-apiece.

The Royals got the ball back, and began to matriculate down the field. How else can you describe an old school offense that is set up to pound it down the throat of it's opponent? It was up to Tusky Valley to try to stop Pettigrew. It was no secret the junior would carry the load on CVCA's penultimate drive, and with just under two minutes to go, he blasted into the secondary again and didn't stop running until he tallied his third long score of the evening - this one from 55 yards away. CVCA's Derek Bosshard booted the extra point, and the Royals led again 35-28 with 1:44 left.

The defending PAC champs had one final chance. In a game where they had never led, they had the ball and a balanced offense, set up to run the two-minute drill. Tusky Valley marched down to the CVCA 25-yard line in just over a minute. It was time for seniors to step up. And quarterback Pat Kane did just that. On the next play from scrimmage, the quarterback hit fellow senior Spillman in the end zone with just 27 seconds left.

Veteran coach Dale Martini had seen enough of John Pettigrew and the Royals on the evening. There would be no overtime. The Trojans would go for two. Kane and Spillman - the third Spillman brother to suit up for the Trojans - saw their number called one more time. The two longtime teammates hooked up again on the two-point attempt, and the Trojans had their first lead of the night, 36-35, with scant time left for CVCA to respond.

Pettigrew and the Royals marched back out onto the field after the kickoff. They Royals had rushed 49 times for 396 yards as a team without putting the ball in the air once. But with little time left, CVCA was in desperation mode. Their first - and only passing attempt of the night - was intercepted by Kane. It spoiled the record-breaking night for Pettigrew and the Royals.

Kane finished 12 for 19 The through the air for 244 yards, with three passing touchdowns and more importantly, two successful PAT passes. And Steven Spillman? He had three touchdowns of his own - two on the ground and the all important one through the air in the game's final half-minute. And of course, the PAT catch to win it.

The 2007 Game of the Year in the PAC went to the Trojans - for the second year in a row.

A week later, Tusky Valley and Tuslaw met again for the rematch of their classic from the previous year. It was another barn burner, but a painful memory for Tuslaw fans. The Wooster Daily Record concisely summarized the festivities in Zoarville. Remember that Spillman kid?

Spillman and Tusky Valley shocked the Mustangs 32-25.

The Postscript

After dispatching its toughest two competitors in the first two weeks of conference play, Tusky Valley went undefeated in the PAC to win the conference outright. They did fall in Week 8 in a nonconference battle against Warren JFK 49-21. The 8-2 record earned them the 6-seed in Division 4 Region 13 and the careers of Kane, Spillman and Gergley came to an end in a Week 11 lost to Canton Central Catholic.

Spillman still leads all Tusky Valley players in career rushing yards (3,347), career All-Purpose Yards (3,925) and points scored (306). The Times Reporter published a feature on Spillman a week after the CVCA game, and you can read it below.

Pat Kane finished second all time in passing yards (2,800) behind only his brother Dan. All these years later, he still is fourth on the list.

Sam Gergley finished his career as the all-time leader in receiving yards (1,118) and still sits third all-time in that category.

CVCA ended up that one two-point conversion away from a perfect season. The Royals finished 9-1 and finished second in the conference. That earned them the 7-seed in Region 13, and the Royals ended their season with a 28-10 defeat in Week 11 at Steubenville.

Here are the local paper game recaps from Week 4 in 2007 from the ABJ and The Times Reporter:

View attachment 57846-y

View attachment 57844

View attachment 57845

Steven Spillman Feature | 21 September 2007 | The Times Reporter

View attachment 57847
View attachment 57848
Another great article...it brings me back to the fact that Tusky back in the day had a strong football program...now you did it again with the date...lol...Lake was 3 and 0 starting 2007..beat Copley, Louisville 35 to 34 on a missed extra point, then beat Canton McKinley 24 to 6...now comes week 4...and we lose to Perry 35 to 28. Lake ended up 7 and 4...the highlight of the season was week 10...we play Dresden Tri-Valley at Dresden..they were leading Div 2 Region 7 and were 9-0...we are 6-3...we have to beat Tri-Valley and hope Cardinal Mooney beats Bishop Watterson. This is the biggest game in Tri-Valley history...the only reason the game is scheduled their coach played at West Branch and he knew he had to tuffen up his team. Tri-Valley had given up a total of 40 points coming into this game...their stadium is so small that they brought in extra bleachers for our crowd..we get down there and there are a lot of dead fish around these bleachers they are cleaning up...our fans are just complaining...I am laughing because I had to explain the humor...dead fish..dead Lake...lol...they kick-off and our back runs to their 35...their players are bouncing off of him..we then run the first of 3 plays we ran all night counter left, counter right, and toss sweep...we beat them 42 to 0... we get in the playoffs and have to go back to Louisville..this time we get beat 34 to 21...they missed another extra point..we didn't score as much..the highlight down at Dresden is this...the stadium was butted up against a back yard...before the game starts I look in this back yard and there is a press box....the game is getting close and this press box is packed and they are knocking back a bunch of beers...had the binocs on them. I go into the PA announcers part of our press box and ask who gets the loge facilities and point at the other press box...they break out in laughter and tell me that press box is not part of the schools...the guy living there built it to watch the home games...that is why the beer..I point this out to the coaches and they break out in laughter and wonder if we could be served...lol

Last edited:
https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports/News/ohsaa-announces-2024-football-divisions-and-regional-assignments
Looks like region 17 got a bit more manageable for the Panthers. Norwayne and Kirkland to exit. Will be a deciding year for coach Stacy- easier region, another year in his belt, new school, new stadium.
I don't like the new assignments...they put Green, Hoover, Lake, and Louisville in with Painsville Riverside, Nordonia, Hudson, Fitch, St.V, Walsh, Hoban and Warren Harding....Massillon stays in Region 7...they will win that with just their JV's

https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports/News/ohsaa-announces-2024-football-divisions-and-regional-assignments
Looks like region 17 got a bit more manageable for the Panthers. Norwayne and Kirkland to exit. Will be a deciding year for coach Stacy- easier region, another year in his belt, new school, new stadium.
Trading Norwayne for Poland . . . (yikes!)
Kirtland was Region 21 the last 2 years.
You'll have to forgive Manchester fans for being fixated on Kirtland. It's been 6 years since they've lost to someone besides Kirtland in the playoffs