#PACtion™ 2024

thePITman

It's finally Friday! And it's finally time to kick off the next installment of the PAC-7's award-winning #PACTion football thread. Well, hopefully you can find football somewhere in here, if that's what your heart so desires. But regardless, come, enjoy yourself, have a sense of humor, and be... ONE OF US!

Without any further ado...

paction_2024.jpg

Special tribute to Tuslaw's neighbor, the Massillon Tigers, who completed a perfect 16-0 season last night to win their first football state championship, 7-2, over perennial power and private school, Archbishop Hoban.

Another special tribute to the lone private school of the PAC-7, CVCA, who will be sailing off into the sunset of the PAC-7 ocean soon. But please, you don't have leave #PACtion!

cast wilson GIF

Last edited:
Like my life as a tired businessman on the road, I'm checking into the PACtion™ 2024 front desk. Do I get a complimentary bottle of water for being a Hilton rewards member? Or is it BellStores rewards?

Note: being in downtown Massillon after the state title game was great. It was something to behold and take it all in. In a good way.

But what surprised me was how unprepared local businesses were for that money making opportunity last night. Fast food places, pizza places, stores....many were closed after 10:00 pm and many close even earlier than that.

Even #1 Kitchen on Lincoln Way East.....not open. You're calling yourself NUMBER ONE KITCHEN and you're closed?

1701447781981.png

And Massillon ESPN 990 radio at 10:00 PM was playing some canned ESPN talk show right after the game. A real radio station that was local would have thrown open the phone lines and those lines would have been flooded last night.

Having a Kevin O'Leary Shark Tank mindset, businesses should have anticipated that money making opportunity last night. A lot of food could have been sold.

Last edited:
Like my life as a tired businessman on the road, I'm checking into the PACtion™ 2024 front desk. Do I get a complimentary bottle of water for being a Hilton rewards member? Or is it BellStores rewards?
BellStores rewards, obviously. And good thing you checked in at the desk, because you don't get any BellStores rewards by entering your number at the pump. Dumbest thing ever.

Special tribute to Tuslaw's neighbor, the Massillon Tigers, who completed a perfect 16-0 season last night to win their first football state championship, 7-2, over perennial power and private school, Archbishop Hoban.

Another special tribute to the lone private school of the PAC-7, CVCA, who will be sailing off into the sunset of the PAC-7 ocean soon. But please, you don't have leave #PACtion!

cast wilson GIF
And proximity is about the only thing we have in common with the Tigers..... sadly. Can we start a poll, do they change all the signs around stark county to 23 or 1?

Has Orrville made a head football coaching change yet and also get rid of some of his assistant coaches, out of the loop here in southern ohio. Should have made the playoffs

cast wilson GIF
Yes. But not before another trip through PACtion™ in seven consecutive non-conference tilts. And wouldn’t it be ironic if the Royals finally “win the conference outright” in the first and only year they are ineligible to do so. They won’t be eligible to win it but would probably be the way too early preseason favorite if it was any other year.

CVCA loses nine seniors - seven who contributed. But they have the huge sophomore and freshman classes that get a year older. 67% of the 2023 roster were underclassmen, and they went 6-1 finish second only to South, which you would expect might take a step back.

The JV squad went 8-1 (only loss was the opener to Streetsboro).

2024 looks promising on Wyoga Lake Road, even if it is a long ways off.

Yes. But not before another trip through PACtion™ in seven consecutive non-conference tilts. And wouldn’t it be ironic if the Royals finally “win the conference outright” in the first and only year they are ineligible to do so. They won’t be eligible to win it but would probably be the way too early preseason favorite if it was any other year.
A 5 way tie followed by undefeated season followed by a conference champ who isn’t actually in the conference …. And folks wonder why we love this place so much! 🤣

Last edited:

cast wilson GIF
25th State Football Championship

Note: being in downtown Massillon after the state title game was great. It was something to behold and take it all in. In a good way.

But what surprised me was how unprepared local businesses were for that money making opportunity last night. Fast food places, pizza places, stores....many were closed after 10:00 pm and many close even earlier than that.

Even #1 Kitchen on Lincoln Way East.....not open. You're calling yourself NUMBER ONE KITCHEN and you're closed?

View attachment 50732

And Massillon ESPN 990 radio at 10:00 PM was playing some canned ESPN talk show right after the game. A real radio station that was local would have thrown open the phone lines and those lines would have been flooded last night.

Having a Kevin O'Leary Shark Tank mindset, businesses should have anticipated that money making opportunity last night. A lot of food could have been sold.
This is the check in guy for PACtion2024™ We don't conduct any business on the grounds of The Continental though, that would be too dangerous.
1701463509172.png

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone knows if Manchester has an opponent scheduled for Week 2 next season. Arbiter has it open. My guess is they'd be looking for a home game for the annual Alumni Game.

Also for the people who have been reading the Rep series on Kent State Football in the early 70's done by Steve Doerschuk....I have posted the final three articles in the PACtion thread we just ended....there is an interesting interview with Jack Lambert...he normally doesn't grant interviews but his former Kent teammates got him to talk with Doerschuk

Also for the people who have been reading the Rep series on Kent State Football in the early 70's done by Steve Doerschuk....I have posted the final three articles in the PACtion thread we just ended....there is an interesting interview with Jack Lambert...he normally doesn't grant interviews but his former Kent teammates got him to talk with Doerschuk

Jack Lambert became a forest ranger in Western PA after football.

Where do I sign up for that? As society goes the way it does....being in the middle of the forest....Jack Lambert is brilliant.

25th State Football Championship
I can't agree more. Get new signs. Put em up, cut the ribbons, and be beyond proud.

Where can I send a few dollars from my poor bank account to that? And I'm serious.

Anyone in Stark County talking smack about Massillon in the year 2023 is a clown. Take care of your own house before talking smack at this point. Pathetic and sad. Clean up your own yard.

Stark County's economic recruitment effort is sad because Canton wants to treat Massillon like it's some Single A minor league town....same with Alliance. And the outgoing Massillon mayor? I was there Thursday night. She was discarded by the crowd and could not get out of there fast enough. I simply observe.

What's Canton's economic development effort? A used ferris wheel from the IX Center at the HOF? Restaurants at the HOF that will be closed in 5-10 years? And you want the whole county to pay for it?

Gannett sent Robert Wang through the Massillon celebration Thursday night. This Ivy League grad would not know a football from a grapefruit.

Then they wonder why they are disliked and lose customers.

Last edited:
I can't agree more. Get new signs. Put em up, cut the ribbons, and be beyond proud.

Where can I send a few dollars from my poor bank account to that? And I'm serious.

Anyone in Stark County talking smack about Massillon in the year 2023 is a clown. Take care of your own house before talking smack at this point. Pathetic and sad. Clean up your own yard.

Stark County's economic recruitment effort is sad because Canton wants to treat Massillon like it's some Single A minor league town....same with Alliance. And the outgoing Massillon mayor? I was there Thursday night. She was discarded by the crowd and could not get out of there fast enough. I simply observe.

What's Canton's economic development effort? A used ferris wheel from the IX Center at the HOF? Restaurants at the HOF that will be closed in 5-10 years? And you want the whole county to pay for it?

Gannett sent Robert Wang through the Massillon celebration Thursday night. This Ivy League grad would not know a football from a grapefruit.

Then they wonder why they are disliked and lose customers.
Thanks for the props. The credit goes to the Tiger players, coaches and the best fanbase in the USA.
In regards to the signs at the corp. limits, the City of Massillon erected them and they can be altered. The signs were fabricated that would allow changes.

Jack Lambert became a forest ranger in Western PA after football.

Where do I sign up for that? As society goes the way it does....being in the middle of the forest....Jack Lambert is brilliant.
Rich did you see this....let me be the first to mention the WWE

"Tampa defensive star John Matuszak was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1973 NFL draft. Tight end Paul Orndorff became pro wrestling's Mr. Wonderful."...They were on the Tampa Spartans against Kent State in the Tangerine Bowl

Rich did you see this....let me be the first to mention the WWE

"Tampa defensive star John Matuszak was the No. 1 overall pick of the 1973 NFL draft. Tight end Paul Orndorff became pro wrestling's Mr. Wonderful."...They were on the Tampa Spartans against Kent State in the Tangerine Bowl
Paul Orndorff owned bowling alleys, too.

A true renaissance man.

View attachment 50732

Was unaware. I had assumed the town would opened back up.

weak response from Massillon chamber of commerce, for sure. But credit the Massillon faithful. They were unaffected by this gaff.