#PACtion™ 2024

Happy Saturday

With today being 4-20 Day, I think some of these posts here have been influenced by too many Cheech & Chong gummies.

I wish people cared about making the City of Akron better at 10% of the level of interest they have with Hoban or St V athletics.

Finally, I can't stand the Wisconsin Badgers so I hope they go 0-13 and become the Minerva Lions of the Big Ten. Fickell made a mistake going there.

They will never win anything significant in the Big Ten and he could have stayed at UC as long as he wanted and build a legacy in the Big 12 as he did making the playoffs with UC as an AAC non power 5 member school.

So Wisconsin offers you $5 million and UC offers you $4 million....really? You're making bank either way. At that point keep your family in Cincinnata enjoying a much better place to live than Madison, Wisconsin, and their neo Leninist freak show culture at UW.

ICCLMUL4GNHVZMIHLJ5IMQWGQE.jpg

Many moons ago, in high school, I did a history report on Dresden. Talk about awful.
Did you have live updates in your report?
Tired Make Up GIF by The Lonely Island

They will never win anything significant in the Big Ten and he could have stayed at UC as long as he wanted and build a legacy in the Big 12
The way things are going, will the BIG 12 even be a power conference in the future. Waiting to see if the ACC implodes.
Is there anyone in the Big 12 that would be on the short list for expansion?

Did you have live updates in your report?
Tired Make Up GIF by The Lonely Island
I want you to know Mr.Bob...you threw me shade when I said I watch shows about WWII on AHC...well Mr. Cuse was very correct about the damage that was done to Dresden...they really do not know how many people died and when the war was over they almost tore down the whole place and build a new city a couple of miles away....they decided to rebuild in the same spot because of the historic ramifications due to it's Baroque Architecture....guess estimates were 35,000 to 135,000 people died....they gave a final number of 21,000 a couple of years ago..

Now I am going back to Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.....lol

Happy Saturday

With today being 4-20 Day, I think some of these posts here have been influenced by too many Cheech & Chong gummies.

I wish people cared about making the City of Akron better at 10% of the level of interest they have with Hoban or St V athletics.

Finally, I can't stand the Wisconsin Badgers so I hope they go 0-13 and become the Minerva Lions of the Big Ten. Fickell made a mistake going there.

They will never win anything significant in the Big Ten and he could have stayed at UC as long as he wanted and build a legacy in the Big 12 as he did making the playoffs with UC as an AAC non power 5 member school.

So Wisconsin offers you $5 million and UC offers you $4 million....really? You're making bank either way. At that point keep your family in Cincinnata enjoying a much better place to live than Madison, Wisconsin, and their neo Leninist freak show culture at UW.
I agree with you on this...especially the city of Akron.....and in the order of importance for can't stand....ttun, psu, uw, msu

The way things are going, will the BIG 12 even be a power conference in the future. Waiting to see if the ACC implodes.
The Big 12 schools will still be part of the mix even as college football changes.

Also Coach Prime playing a road game at Iowa State is hot.

I want you to know Mr.Bob...you threw me shade when I said I watch shows about WWII on AHC...well Mr. Cuse was very correct about the damage that was done to Dresden...they really do not know how many people died and when the war was over they almost tore down the whole place and build a new city a couple of miles away....they decided to rebuild in the same spot because of the historic ramifications due to it's Baroque Architecture....guess estimates were 35,000 to 135,000 people died....they gave a final number of 21,000 a couple of years ago..

Now I am going back to Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.....lol
War is hell my friend. The numbers for Britain are horrific also. More so since Germany started the war.
The Blitz
Casualties and losses
~40,000–43,000 civilians killed ~46,000–139,000 injured Two million houses damaged or destroyed (60 percent of these in London)Unknown 3,363 aircrew 2,265 aircraft (summer 1940 – May 1941)

War is hell my friend. The numbers for Britain are horrific also. More so since Germany started the war.
The Blitz
Casualties and losses
~40,000–43,000 civilians killed ~46,000–139,000 injured Two million houses damaged or destroyed (60 percent of these in London)Unknown 3,363 aircrew 2,265 aircraft (summer 1940 – May 1941)
Yes it is....I just wanted to let you know that I really didn't know about Dresden and also the Blitz that much till watching the series on AHC...they really do not know how many people died during the war....and how much of a drug addicts that Hitler and his goons were....when you watch the series the one question that always come to mind is how he came to power...they tell you but you listen to it and it doesn't make sense

You'd think media markets like Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, SLC, and Denver would be in demand.

Paywall. Not enough articles about cows for Wayne Countians to want a subscription for the Repository.🤷‍♂️
Sometimes they put paywall up and sometimes they don't....

LAKE TWP. − For many, it was a final frontier.

To boldly go where they had never gone before — into the presence of Star Trek actor William Shatner.

Several hundred people flocked Saturday to Hartville MarketPlace & Flea Market to get autographs and pictures with the 93-year-old man (TRT....Testosterone Replacement Therapy and or HGH..Human Growth Hormone..these are my thoughts not the writers) known for his role as Captain James T. Kirk in the original 1960s television series Star Trek. Those 79 episodes spawned a decades-long influential cultural franchise and phenomenon.

The crowd loudly cheered when Shatner appeared at 10:50 a.m. in an area by the food court cordoned off for his appearance that was arranged by Prime Time Sports and Framing of Kent. Fans, several arriving in wheelchairs, brought Star Trek uniforms, promotional pictures from the TV series and Star Trek films, a model of the U.S.S. Enterprise and sketches to be marked with his coveted signature.

Related:'Star Trek' legend William Shatner to appear at Hartville MarketPlace

The cost of each autograph or picture with him was $149. If you wanted both, the cost was $275. For him to write three words or less with the autograph cost $79 more. Several also paid $100 for a VIP pass to skip the line.

Shatner could be seen for the next 74 minutes signing autographs, smiling and engaging in light banter with fans. After everyone who had paid for an autograph had been served, he got onto a scooter with balloons tied to it and going nowhere close to as fast as warp speed went to All Star Sports Gallery.

Someone wearing an elaborate costume as Bumblebee the Transformer led the procession. Then, Shatner switched from the scooter to sitting on a stool to take pictures with people, with the line of those waiting for pictures stretching back to the food court area.

William Shatner speaks during the Hoosier Cosmic Celebration at Memorial Stadium on Monday, April 8, 2024.

Dave Bell, 74, of Lake Township, who watches the classic Star Trek episodes every night, said he wasn't willing to pay $149 for an autograph. But he came to Hartville Marketplace to get a glimpse and picture of Shatner.

"I'm a Trekkie. But this is ridiculous," Bell said about the crowd. "I'm not surprised. He's a very popular guy."

Jann Henthorn drove an hour from Orrville to see the man who played the beloved Star Trek captain.

"Is William Shatner here?" she said as she tried to spot him through the autograph seekers blocking her view. "I see him! ... All of us baby boomers are all excited!"

Henthorn recalled watching Star Trek when it first aired in the 1960s long before it achieved massive cult status in syndication.

"He looks good," she said about Shatner.

Cassedy Brennan, 28, of Wadsworth stood by one of the barricades snapping pictures of Shatner. Her father, a big Star Trek fan, was in line waiting for an autograph on a poster.

"He is like a kid in a candy store today. He is so excited. It's like Star Wars, Star Trek paraphernalia in the basement. ... Unopen toys. This is his jam," she said. "I think it's cool. Not exactly my thing. But here to support my dad. It's cool to see, too."

Brennan was one of the few people in their 20s in the crowd.

"I probably wouldn't know William Shatner out of context if it weren't for my dad," she said, adding that she saw classic Star Trek episodes with her father. "There's probably some millennials that are fans. But I'm not a sci-fi kind of girl."

Michael Rothman, 38, of Lake Township said Shatner autographed his set of Star Trek DVDs.

He said the actor said to him, "'Thank you very much.' That's all he said."

His wife Shandi Rothman clarified that, "He (also) said, 'Pleasure to see you.'"

Stacy Klotz of Massillon got Shatner to autograph her Captain James T. Kirk poster. She considered the $149 cost a "once in a lifetime type of thing." A sci-fi fan, she first started seeing Star Trek in syndication in the late 1970s.

Matt Merew, 56, of Zanesville got Shatner to sign his model of the Enterprise and his picture depicting the scene where Captain Kirk fights an alien captain known as a Gorn. The picture already had the autograph of the actor who played the Gorn that Merew got at a past Star Trek convention.

Cameron Blakey, 46, of Mogadore, who watched Star Trek in the 1980s with his uncle and mother, got Shatner to autograph his sketch of Captain Kirk that Blakey drew.

"He asked me how I was. And he asked me if I drew this. I told him I did. And I told him that we basically thank you for everything and he made my day," he said. "He made my life. Awesome, awesome experience!"

Karen Isaiah of Mogadore said she watched the original Star Trek in 1967.

"I'm ecstatic. I didn't want to miss him for anything," she said. "I met (singer) Johnny Mathis. I talked to William Shatner. My life is complete."

Last edited:
Sometimes they put paywall up and sometimes they don't....

LAKE TWP. − For many, it was a final frontier.

To boldly go where they had never gone before — into the presence of Star Trek actor William Shatner.

Several hundred people flocked Saturday to Hartville MarketPlace & Flea Market to get autographs and pictures with the 93-year-old man (TRT....Testosterone Replacement Therapy and or HGH..Human Growth Hormone..these are my thoughts not the writers) known for his role as Captain James T. Kirk in the original 1960s television series Star Trek. Those 79 episodes spawned a decades-long influential cultural franchise and phenomenon.

The crowd loudly cheered when Shatner appeared at 10:50 a.m. in an area by the food court cordoned off for his appearance that was arranged by Prime Time Sports and Framing of Kent. Fans, several arriving in wheelchairs, brought Star Trek uniforms, promotional pictures from the TV series and Star Trek films, a model of the U.S.S. Enterprise and sketches to be marked with his coveted signature.

Related:'Star Trek' legend William Shatner to appear at Hartville MarketPlace

The cost of each autograph or picture with him was $149. If you wanted both, the cost was $275. For him to write three words or less with the autograph cost $79 more. Several also paid $100 for a VIP pass to skip the line.

Shatner could be seen for the next 74 minutes signing autographs, smiling and engaging in light banter with fans. After everyone who had paid for an autograph had been served, he got onto a scooter with balloons tied to it and going nowhere close to as fast as warp speed went to All Star Sports Gallery.

Someone wearing an elaborate costume as Bumblebee the Transformer led the procession. Then, Shatner switched from the scooter to sitting on a stool to take pictures with people, with the line of those waiting for pictures stretching back to the food court area.

William Shatner speaks during the Hoosier Cosmic Celebration at Memorial Stadium on Monday, April 8, 2024.

Dave Bell, 74, of Lake Township, who watches the classic Star Trek episodes every night, said he wasn't willing to pay $149 for an autograph. But he came to Hartville Marketplace to get a glimpse and picture of Shatner.

"I'm a Trekkie. But this is ridiculous," Bell said about the crowd. "I'm not surprised. He's a very popular guy."

Jann Henthorn drove an hour from Orrville to see the man who played the beloved Star Trek captain.

"Is William Shatner here?" she said as she tried to spot him through the autograph seekers blocking her view. "I see him! ... All of us baby boomers are all excited!"

Henthorn recalled watching Star Trek when it first aired in the 1960s long before it achieved massive cult status in syndication.

"He looks good," she said about Shatner.

Cassedy Brennan, 28, of Wadsworth stood by one of the barricades snapping pictures of Shatner. Her father, a big Star Trek fan, was in line waiting for an autograph on a poster.

"He is like a kid in a candy store today. He is so excited. It's like Star Wars, Star Trek paraphernalia in the basement. ... Unopen toys. This is his jam," she said. "I think it's cool. Not exactly my thing. But here to support my dad. It's cool to see, too."

Brennan was one of the few people in their 20s in the crowd.

"I probably wouldn't know William Shatner out of context if it weren't for my dad," she said, adding that she saw classic Star Trek episodes with her father. "There's probably some millennials that are fans. But I'm not a sci-fi kind of girl."

Michael Rothman, 38, of Lake Township said Shatner autographed his set of Star Trek DVDs.

He said the actor said to him, "'Thank you very much.' That's all he said."

His wife Shandi Rothman clarified that, "He (also) said, 'Pleasure to see you.'"

Stacy Klotz of Massillon got Shatner to autograph her Captain James T. Kirk poster. She considered the $149 cost a "once in a lifetime type of thing." A sci-fi fan, she first started seeing Star Trek in syndication in the late 1970s.

Matt Merew, 56, of Zanesville got Shatner to sign his model of the Enterprise and his picture depicting the scene where Captain Kirk fights an alien captain known as a Gorn. The picture already had the autograph of the actor who played the Gorn that Merew got at a past Star Trek convention.

Cameron Blakey, 46, of Mogadore, who watched Star Trek in the 1980s with his uncle and mother, got Shatner to autograph his sketch of Captain Kirk that Blakey drew.

"He asked me how I was. And he asked me if I drew this. I told him I did. And I told him that we basically thank you for everything and he made my day," he said. "He made my life. Awesome, awesome experience!"

Karen Isaiah of Mogadore said she watched the original Star Trek in 1967.

"I'm ecstatic. I didn't want to miss him for anything," she said. "I met (singer) Johnny Mathis. I talked to William Shatner. My life is complete."
Star Trek is not tuff... Now Battlestar Galactica that's Shreve, Ohio tuff.

Star Trek is not tuff... Now Battlestar Galactica that's Shreve, Ohio tuff.
lol...I am actually not a sci-fi fan....Just found it amusing that Where No Man Has Gone Before....he goes to Hartville....along with Dukes of Hazzord and Hack Saw Dugan....but with those guys being there no man has gone before does fit....all of them in Hartville the same day...who knew....lol

Let's start with Leon Bibb. He is a true gentleman. Leon is one of the best writers and storytellers that I have ever worked with. He has a sense of how to make a story connect with viewers. It takes unique vision and story construction skills to do that. Plus, he's funny and easy to work with, and always willing to coach and lend his experience to others. It was a privilege to work with him.

Did you work with Mark Williamson and Bill Lilly....I went to college with those guys...actually got to know Bill before college he would take the game results on Friday nights at the Beacon
I worked with Mark but not with Bill. Mark is a good guy. He was one of my supervisors when I started out as an intern at what used to be WAKR-TV/AM back in the early 80s. I learned a lot from Mark about writing, reporting, and newscast production.

Last edited:
You'd think media markets like Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, SLC, and Denver would be in demand.
If Market value were the deciding factor they would dismantle all the major conferences and start all over. Several teams in the Big 10 and Sec are basically grandfathered in. The Big 10 took the cream of the crop from the Pac. The Sec and Big 10 would cherry pick the ACC and leave the rest hanging. Is there one team in the Big 12 that the Sec or The Big 10 are even remotely interested in for future expansion?

I worked with Mark but not with Bill. Mark is a good guy. He was one of my supervisors when I started out as an intern at what used to be WAKR-TV/AM back in the early 80s. I learned a lot from Mark about writing, reporting, and newscast production.
Mark was like that in college..he was in a lot of my classes...so was Bill Lilly...I received a mass media degree from Akron...I liked the work, but in the late 70's the rust belt started and I didn't want to move...plus I wanted to make more money...the degree was fantastic for sales positions

First off, please name the "extremely" good players at other schools that didn't meet CVCA's admission standards. Lol, sounds so CVCA. One of my sons, left CVCA after eighth grade, and went to Hoban due to the lack of football culture at CVCA. Started all four years, won three state titles, and graduated in 2018. He worked hard enough to be one of the best to ever play on Dowed Field. Absolutely loved the Hoban experience. Played D1 college, and now coaches on a Power 5 roster. CVCA didn't then, and still doesn't, have the resources to coach and develop that level of football talent. Stick to CVCA football, aka soccer. That's one student athlete post the 2016 class you mentioned. By the way, that 2016 was no more talented than any other class after. What are you talking about? Instead of taking shots at student athletes, you should take accountability. You and the rest of that coaching staff were directly responsible for their growth and production. The types of losses reflected the coaching staff. I will exclude Coach's Larlham and Duke. They actually knew what the hell they were doing. Yes, I was there, and know quite a bit about what was going on at CVCA then. Some terrible so-called leaders that completely yielded to the awful politics that fill that school. That leads me to my other son, who decided to stay at CVCA. Also, part of that no so good class of 2018 you referred to. That "weren't hard workers". He also, spent his entire youth playing the highest levels of football, along with two other sports. Also could have played at Hoban, and had great success, but decided to stay at CVCA for reasons outside of football. Needless to say, his sports career was ended early not by a physical injury, but mental. Between the political culture, and poor, or poorly trained coaches, his confidence was taken away. Been a very tough road since. Not blaming CVCA entirely, but a schools culture, especially one professing Christ, which includes teachers and coaches, should be helping students. Instead, the total opposite happened. So, Paction, take a look in the mirror before trashing student-athletes. You are part of the problem! CVCA will never win anything in football because the school doesn't truly invest into it in any way. The track and turf were put in for track, and most certainly soccer. Stop defending it and sure as hell don't blame the students.
1. Congrats on your first post
2. Congrats on being the 1763rd person @the123kidz ticked off on this site
3. Congrats to your children on all their successes.
4. Will give you a pass since you're new to PACtion2024™, but while we are MORE than happy to trash media, coaches, parents ADs & administrators (and the entire town of Carrollton), you'll have to look pretty hard to find folks trashing students.
5. If what you're reading comes off like someone is picking on a student then it might mean you've got some personal emotions invested in the situation that you might want to deal with in more beneficial way than posting on a message board.

Last edited: