CHL Football 23

Wyoming at IH rematch in Round 2.

Edit🥴: Apparently I was wrong. I thought the seeds still mattered in R2. I don’t see either of these teams advancing.

Last edited:
First, congrats to Purcell who's having their best football season in close to 25 years, however, there is no excuse getting blown out like that if you're Madeira.

Despite losing for the first time in 70 something games, Wyoming will be the last CHL team standing in the playoffs. I think playing Taft 3x already in the past 2 seasons gives Seymour and Hancock experience and insight that no one else has and it will lead to a very, very close game and a Wyoming win.

Indian Hill - great year, way to fight back and finish strong but got stuck with an awful playoff draw. This game will end up being a running clock.

I think after the first round, since so many teams are in playoffs now, the playoffs should reseed. Kentucky does something similar. There's a lot of top 8 teams who, due to their league/schedule finish with a decent record but have no business being in the playoffs and a good number of 9-12 teams who are pretty decent but get a low seed due to their schedule. I think reseeding after round 1 gives you a better bracket and more accurate match ups

First, congrats to Purcell who's having their best football season in close to 25 years, however, there is no excuse getting blown out like that if you're Madeira.

Despite losing for the first time in 70 something games, Wyoming will be the last CHL team standing in the playoffs. I think playing Taft 3x already in the past 2 seasons gives Seymour and Hancock experience and insight that no one else has and it will lead to a very, very close game and a Wyoming win.

Indian Hill - great year, way to fight back and finish strong but got stuck with an awful playoff draw. This game will end up being a running clock.

I think after the first round, since so many teams are in playoffs now, the playoffs should reseed. Kentucky does something similar. There's a lot of top 8 teams who, due to their league/schedule finish with a decent record but have no business being in the playoffs and a good number of 9-12 teams who are pretty decent but get a low seed due to their schedule. I think reseeding after round 1 gives you a better bracket and more accurate match ups

Go back to 8 teams. Make it an honor to play week 11.

Go back to 8. I’ve been saying this for a while. So did the coaches in ohio. I heard from a friend of mine that the ohsaa put it to a vote with ohio high school coaches and it was a majority wanted it to stay at 8. Ohsaa went to 16 anyway. It’s all a money grab. So now we ask high school kids to play more football than college. All of this while they want to regulate contact time in practice. Kids get hurt and banged up in week 11 playing against a team that didn’t earn the playoffs and end up getting blown out anyway. Plus it devalues the regular season.

No real surprises Week 11, other than maybe the margin of defeat for Madeira.

I think the CHL season is done after Week 12 though.

Breidenbach for player of the year?!?!? Really?!?! I dont mean to hate on the kid im sure hes a great kid and an outstanding football player but I see no possible logical explanation as to how that would make sense. Honestly at a loss for words and got to feel for guys like fancher, devlan, hauer, mcfarland and plenty more guys who u could easily argue over him.

It’s one reason I like cross country. First one across the finish line is POY. No voting by the coaches is needed. 😁

Breidenbach for player of the year?!?!? Really?!?! I dont mean to hate on the kid im sure hes a great kid and an outstanding football player but I see no possible logical explanation as to how that would make sense. Honestly at a loss for words and got to feel for guys like fancher, devlan, hauer, mcfarland and plenty more guys who u could easily argue over him.
He didn’t even lead the league in passing yards or TD’s but did have a much better completion % than McGowen- weird year in the CHL with no clear cut favorite. Somebody has to win it I guess, good for him.

Last edited:
IH vs Alter - Alters GCL loss was a 27-24 L to badin. Also lost to Trotwood by a TD.
IH lost to Roger bacon week 1 33-20
Alter just beat RB 42-0

IH has gotten better since week 1 (Devlan was injured in that game and missed 2 in a row)
I think this will be closer than some think. but Alter is very good at stopping the run so we will see how Devlan and that O line do!

IH 20
Alter 31

Wyoming and Taft is another interesting matchup. This is the end of them playing in the regular season and very ironic but cool they meet in week 12. Taft and Wyoming both are down this year IMO.
taft beat Reading 40-27
Wyoming beat Reading 21-14

Seals has thrown for 2500+ yds for taft and as we have seen Wyoming can give up some yds in the air this season
I think this is going to come down to discipline on tafts end and also special teams (taft/cps schools almost never kick PAT/FG or have great punters)

Wyoming 24
taft 26

Last edited:
IH vs Alter - Alters GCL loss was a 27-24 L to badin. Also lost to Trotwood by a TD.
IH beat Roger bacon week 1 33-20
Alter just beat RB 42-0

IH has gotten better since week 1 (Devlan was injured in that game and missed 2 in a row)
I think this will be closer than some think. but Alter is very good at stopping the run so we will see how Devlan and that O line do!

IH 20
Alter 31

Wyoming and Taft is another interesting matchup. This is the end of them playing in the regular season and very ironic but cool they meet in week 12. Taft and Wyoming both are down this year IMO.
taft beat Reading 40-27

Seals has thrown for 2500+ yds for taft and as we have seen Wyoming can give up some yds in the air this season
I think this is going to come down to discipline on tafts end and also special teams (taft/cps schools almost never kick PAT/FG or have great punters)

Wyoming 24
taft 26
I agree with your assessment. These are two, what should be, competitive football games. Alter isn't as strong as their state championship teams of the past, but they are still very good. They'll be a disciplined, physical football team. I expect that game to be close throughout but Alter being a little too much in the end. I think they'll win by 7-14.

Taft and Wyoming should be a very defensive oriented game. I expect it to be lower scoring. I give the edge to Taft as well, by a score or less.

IH beat Roger bacon week 1 33-20
Alter just beat RB 42-0

IH 20
Alter 31

taft beat Reading 40-27

Wyoming 24
taft 26
I believe Indian Hill lost to Roger Bacon week 1. You got the score right.

IH lost to Roger bacon week 1 33-20
Alter just beat RB 42-0

IH 20
Alter 31

taft beat Reading 40-27

Wyoming 24
taft 26
I think Wyoming/Taft spot on. I'd just give the edge to Wyoming simply cause of familiarity and I think Wyoming has better coaches and more discipline.

I don't see IH ever being close in this game. They are better and I'd probably favor them over RB at this point....but that same Bacon team was flat out throttled. Best case scenario imo is Indian Hill losing by 21-28 but I fully expect a running clock at some point. The slow start bit them in the butt for their positioning as they likely would have been looking at a rematch with Wyoming had they beaten RB week 1.

I think Wyoming/Taft spot on. I'd just give the edge to Wyoming simply cause of familiarity and I think Wyoming has better coaches and more discipline.

I don't see IH ever being close in this game. They are better and I'd probably favor them over RB at this point....but that same Bacon team was flat out throttled. Best case scenario imo is Indian Hill losing by 21-28 but I fully expect a running clock at some point. The slow start bit them in the butt for their positioning as they likely would have been looking at a rematch with Wyoming had they beaten RB week 1.
Two of Taft's coaches (Tyler and Mel) recently lost their older brother, have to wonder if the players will be playing a little bit harder for their Head Coach, or will it play out as you stated with better coaching and discipline for Wyoming.

Where are games being played? Would
Like to attended the Alter vs Indian Hill game?
Is it at Alter ?
From reading the thread above sounds like IH has a stud running back? How is their passing game.
Have heard Alter Defense is pretty good. Should be a great battle!

Is it at Alter ?
From reading the thread above sounds like IH has a stud running back? How is their passing game.
Indian Hill at Alter is at Kettering Fairmount

3775 Shroyer Rd
Dayton,45429

Is it at Alter ?
Running back is very good. They have some very good receivers and their quarterback will probably be the best athlete on the field. He has missed most of the past 2 seasons with injuries, but if he gets hot the Braves could compete.

Fancher had 24-250-10.4 , 76L and 3 td's. He had 25 of the 29 touches. He had a great career and is an even better young man.
That was Reading's problem in a nut shell. Had nothing else on offense. Zero passing game. No creatively, made zero in game adjustments.
A great senior year is more accurate..career..no. He only rushed for 300 yards last years as a JR. Very little to no stats as a sophomore.
Reading will need to find more balance next year.

Is it at Alter ?
UCBearcat4ever nailed it with the location. It is in my top five venues in the Dayton and surrounding area to see a game. Good seating, probably more seats than needed, decent parking, moderate walk to the stadium depending on where you park and an easy in and out.

If coming from Cincy and not familiar with the area there are a couple of good places to eat going North on Far Hills (Hwy 48) to the stadium, which can be busy at that time of day. I like Geez Grill and Pub, not the fastest service but the food is good. A bit further North before you get to the Roush, in the Town and Country Shopping Center, there is a BWs and a local pizza joint, Marion's Pizza (voted best pizza in Dayton but I question that). There are other places off the main drag going to the stadium and I can let you know if interested.

Good luck.

Round 2:
#1 Clinton Massie
vs. #9 McNicholas - 21-17
#15 Urbana vs. #7 Shawnee. - 21-6
#3 Taft vs. #6 Wyoming - 28-7
#4 Alter vs. #5 Indian Hill - 35-10

Round 2:
#1 Clinton Massie
vs. #9 McNicholas - 21-17
#15 Urbana vs. #7 Shawnee. - 21-6
#3 Taft vs. #6 Wyoming - 28-7
#4 Alter vs. #5 Indian Hill - 35-10
The Shawnee and Urbana game may be a bit tighter but definitely higher scoring than you think. That game could be a 60-59 ballgame by the end. Lots of history between to the two schools and both have excellent play makers, lots of speed on that field tonight.

Congrats Wyoming. Result was pretty in line with expectations. Indian Hill was pretty one sided as expected as well. Aside from the one long ball, which Alter has historically been prone to a big play or two with the way they play defense, was there any other bright spots?

Thanks to a little luck, I fully expect the Cowboys to play for a regional title again. Would not have expected that but It helps when the top 3 teams in the region all fall in the same half bracket and have to take each other out. Sucks for them but it is what it is and Wyoming is the beneficiary.

I still believe if the playoff bracket stays at 16, teams should be reseeded after round 1. Would likely be Clinton Massie vs Indian Hill & Alter vs McNick coming up which is more in line with the actual standings where these teams are in relation to each other but that's a whole other argument.