Caitlin Clark leads Iowa back to Final Four, scoring 41 points in 94-87 win over defending champ LSU

Where to they play now?
I presumed if they were in an NBA city they played in that arena...........

overhyped
Good question. I thought the same

Attachments

• IMG_4609.jpeg
    IMG_4609.jpeg
    686.3 KB · Views: 30
Barbie was the greatest movie in this past year

Taylor Swift is the best musical artist.

Sales and interest are what matters in determining greatest of all time

And guys who never saw a women's game until last weekend definitely can judge this ,🤣

This would be like calling Carmelo the greatest of all time based on Syracuse only. And he actually won a title there

Probably want to wait to see how the girl does overall. I stand by my list of players I've seen that I think are better than her. And stand by media talking about her as a goat going way overboard too

Good question. I thought the same
I think the attendance bump will be short lived. WNBA plays in the summer, with so much going on and it will take a monumental media blitz, AND HER DOING VERY WELL, for it to hold pat.

I dont see WNBA teams going out to the way to stop her like college teams did. I imagine most will take their best defender and give her a challenge to stop the Great White Hope'.

CC was amazing in college, no doubt about it, but her athleticism will not be up to par against top WNBA talent. She may go off a few games, but overall she will fizzle.

Doesnt mean what she did in college any less impressive. What she did was amazing and record breaking, but it will not translate to the wnba

I think the attendance bump will be short lived. WNBA plays in the summer, with so much going on and it will take a monumental media blitz, AND HER DOING VERY WELL, for it to hold pat.

I dont see WNBA teams going out to the way to stop her like college teams did. I imagine most will take their best defender and give her a challenge to stop the Great White Hope'.

CC was amazing in college, no doubt about it, but her athleticism will not be up to par against top WNBA talent. She may go off a few games, but overall she will fizzle.

Doesnt mean what she did in college any less impressive. What she did was amazing and record breaking, but it will not translate to the wnba
The increased ratings may not materialize at all. Probably most of the new attention will have better ways to spend their time. It was kind of a cool event, like an eclipse.

The increased ratings may not materialize at all. Probably most of the new attention will have better ways to spend their time. It was kind of a cool event, like an eclipse.
Concur.

Fact of the matter is ya had a likeable white girl, from the heartland, on a predominantly white roster, doing amazing things and breaking records.
In a sport where American white folk dominating at a high level is becoming more rare by the year, white America took notice that someone who looked like us was the best in the game.

Look deep down and I think many will agree....

Try to change my mind....

Concur.

Fact of the matter is ya had a likeable white girl, from the heartland, on a predominantly white roster, doing amazing things and breaking records.
In a sport where American white folk dominating at a high level is becoming more rare by the year, white America took notice that someone who looked like us was the best in the game.

Look deep down and I think many will agree....

Try to change my mind....
When white America takes notice, that is a lot of eyeballs.

When white America takes notice, that is a lot of eyeballs.
As much as College basketball thinks they have now arrived I have to believe they will be disappointed moving forward.

The game was interesting, no doubt about it, but when watching it vs the mens game it truly is like watching a FROSH vs a Varsity game.

Most of us remember the US women's soccer run several years ago, winning the world cup, etc. Did that produce a pro soccer league in America for women? Nope. Has the sport exploded? Nope.
The thing with people, some love the sport - whatever it is, and will watch no matter what. But that's a small percentage. The bulk of people are fringe fans, no matter what they say. Yes, they may have been dialed into Iowa basketball this year and watch most of Clark's games, but it won't last.
Largely, Americans do not like women's team sports. It just doesn't have the same appeal as men's sports. Heck the major growth in men's sports are female fans. Women like to watch men play sports, it's been this way since the first sport was developed. Women's basketball has changed drastically over the last 20 years, but there is still a perception that many female basketball players are lesbians. And while that's largely accepted in a general sense, it doesn't mean everyone is going to plunk down good money to support it. It's just never going to be accepted as equal to men, and that just ticks so many people off. Instead of just being happy with progress, they want more.
Like the US women's soccer, I'm safe in saying you'll never see the popularity of women's soccer more than it was for that group. Our friend Megan Rapino shot her mouth off a few years back and drove a huge wedge between a fan base who just like them for soccer. Folks that stragety doeesn't work, fair or not.
Also, the other elephant in the room is that the NBA is too "black" for many Americans and that's likely true. And this is why the WNBA will not likely get off the ground. Yes, Clark will have a nice push of notariety for the league, but when she turns into a good but not great player in that league, it will dry up. Sue Bird, (white) graduated from UConn many years ago, played in the WNBA and is one of the league's most known players, unless you really follow women's basketball, you may not even recogize her. Just over the last few years, Kelsey Plum and Sabrina Ionescu are two of the better known white players to come into the league and again, unless you follow the league, you don't even know what teams they are on.

Most of us remember the US women's soccer run several years ago, winning the world cup, etc. Did that produce a pro soccer league in America for women? Nope. Has the sport exploded? Nope.
The thing with people, some love the sport - whatever it is, and will watch no matter what. But that's a small percentage. The bulk of people are fringe fans, no matter what they say. Yes, they may have been dialed into Iowa basketball this year and watch most of Clark's games, but it won't last.
Largely, Americans do not like women's team sports. It just doesn't have the same appeal as men's sports. Heck the major growth in men's sports are female fans. Women like to watch men play sports, it's been this way since the first sport was developed. Women's basketball has changed drastically over the last 20 years, but there is still a perception that many female basketball players are lesbians. And while that's largely accepted in a general sense, it doesn't mean everyone is going to plunk down good money to support it. It's just never going to be accepted as equal to men, and that just ticks so many people off. Instead of just being happy with progress, they want more.
Like the US women's soccer, I'm safe in saying you'll never see the popularity of women's soccer more than it was for that group. Our friend Megan Rapino shot her mouth off a few years back and drove a huge wedge between a fan base who just like them for soccer. Folks that stragety doeesn't work, fair or not.
Also, the other elephant in the room is that the NBA is too "black" for many Americans and that's likely true. And this is why the WNBA will not likely get off the ground. Yes, Clark will have a nice push of notariety for the league, but when she turns into a good but not great player in that league, it will dry up. Sue Bird, (white) graduated from UConn many years ago, played in the WNBA and is one of the league's most known players, unless you really follow women's basketball, you may not even recogize her. Just over the last few years, Kelsey Plum and Sabrina Ionescu are two of the better known white players to come into the league and again, unless you follow the league, you don't even know what teams they are on.
lmao. There’s a women’s soccer league. NWSL started in 2012.

Women's basketball has changed drastically over the last 20 years, but there is still a perception that many female basketball players are lesbians.
Here I am reading a long block of text rationally discussing why Caitlin Clark can’t save the WNBA’s extreme unpopularity, and then this gets thrown right smack in the middle. I gotta admit, I giggled out loud when I read this line in an otherwise mundane post.

Here I am reading a long block of text rationally discussing why Caitlin Clark can’t save the WNBA’s extreme unpopularity, and then this gets thrown right smack in the middle. I gotta admit, I giggled out loud when I read this line in an otherwise mundane post.
Well, it's still there. Like it or not.