Caitlin Clark leads Iowa back to Final Four, scoring 41 points in 94-87 win over defending champ LSU

Rebounding/second chance points is the story of the game so far. Not fouls.
Will factor in if they keep calling every slight touch on SC and let Clark get away with her push offs

Gave Iowa plenty of free throws at the end of the half and got early multi fouls on SC players

Will factor in if they keep calling every slight touch on SC and let Clark get away with her push offs

Gave Iowa plenty of free throws at the end of the half and got early multi fouls on SC players
SC has insane depth. Cardosa was resting on the bench in the 2Q and Iowa was still getting rejected in the paint and unable to collect offensive rebounds. SC is a top tier team. UI has the X factor, but not sure that will be enough. Should be a great second half.

SC getting called for every touch foul while Clark can push off repeatedly has kept it close.
Honest question, would it be possible for you to say the officials were bad toward Iowa?

What I've seen, it looks like South Carolina has Ruland and Mahorn under the basket and can do anything they want. Not complaining about the officiating as they are letting the bigs bang and the two hands on the guards are getting called. One benefits SC and one benefits Iowa. However, I don't think you could ever see the officiating as biased against Clark because you just don't like her.

SC has insane depth. Cardosa was resting on the bench in the 2Q and Iowa was still getting rejected in the paint and unable to collect offensive rebounds. SC is a top tier team. UI has the X factor, but not sure that will be enough. Should be a great second half.
SC definitely is deeper. Martin and Stuelke are nice players on Iowa though. It's not just Clark

Honest question, would it be possible for you to say the officials were bad toward Iowa?

What I've seen, it looks like South Carolina has Ruland and Mahorn under the basket and can do anything they want. Not complaining about the officiating as they are letting the bigs bang and the two hands on the guards are getting called. One benefits SC and one benefits Iowa. However, I don't think you could ever see the officiating as biased against Clark because you just don't like her.
If it happened yes. But Clark gets away with her push offs all the time and the refs favor Iowa most games clearly. Refs might not be able to save them this time. We will see

Even the announcers have had to call out Clark push offs this game at times because they were blatant and not called

Calling it like it is doesn't mean I dislike her. I do think her game is overrated and she plays no defense. And pushes off a ton

I can just as easily say you may be in on the hype and incapable of dissecting her game because of it.

As great as Clark is you need the big women to win titles. Back to back seasons Iowa has gotten killed on the boards and inside for a title game. The Big Tens best program should be able to do a much better job at getting the big women than they do.

Disgusting roster construction by Iowa.

If it happened yes. But Clark gets away with her push offs all the time and the refs favor Iowa most games clearly. Refs might not be able to save them this time. We will see

Even the announcers have had to call out Clark push offs this game at times because they were blatant and not called

Calling it like it is doesn't mean I dislike her. I do think her game is overrated and she plays no defense. And pushes off a ton

I can just as easily say you may be in on the hype and incapable of dissecting her game because of it.
I'm just enjoying the game. Don't have a whole lot of interest outside of seeing this great player.

I will admit that I am not a front runner. I would be rooting for Iowa anyway. But I'll be outside working on my yard after the game and not worrying about who won. I will congratulate SC for overcoming an overhyped player and biased officials.

As great as Clark is you need the big women to win titles. Back to back seasons Iowa has gotten killed on the boards and inside for a title game. The Big Tens best program should be able to do a much better job at getting the big women than they do.

Disgusting roster construction by Iowa.
They made the title game ; show some class.

I'm just enjoying the game. Don't have a whole lot of interest outside of seeing this great player.

I will admit that I am not a front runner. I would be rooting for Iowa anyway. But I'll be outside working on my yard after the game and not worrying about who won. I will congratulate SC for overcoming an overhyped player and biased officials.
I don't care about either team at all. I just want it called fair and Clark gets away with a ton

I can’t see how women are smarter players than men, they always try and dribble the ball in traffic or ahead of the field and get it stolen so many times. Very dumb basketball

What a terrible job by Lisa Bluder to get better inside players in the offseason. This game was lost in the offseason.

I guess I'm not seeing the officiating bias. A lot of these fouls on SC players look pretty valid. And evidenced by Caitlin Clark looking to the officials and complaining after a missed shot, she's not getting every call going her way.
She's the female version of LeBron in terms of whining for every single call though

Her dad even yelled at her to stop it for one game this year

Congrats to SC on the championship.

What a great story Caitlyn Clark was this season. Never had any interest in women's college basketball until now. She was the real deal. Any casual observer knew who the best player was on the court from the tipoff. To be face-guarded the way she was and still score 30 against the undefeated champions is an amazing feat.

Huh. Staley believes Clark is one of the goats and thanked her.....

But mentorturd2022 believes it's just hype.

But I guess he knows more than staley....
Do you really think Staley would dare to say anything else ? I said she's overhyped as people were acting like she's one of the best ever. She isn't. Still a good player but she's gets away with a lot and is massively protected by refs.

Nice insult man. A 12 year old could do better

Do you really think Staley would dare to say anything else ? I said she's overhyped as people were acting like she's one of the best ever. She isn't. Still a good player but she's gets away with a lot and is massively protected by refs.

Nice insult man. A 12 year old could do better
She didn't need to say a thing at all .
I've never heard a winning coach, ever say something that grandiose about an opponent in post game.

Turd.

What is your issue? Did someone looking like Clark molest you when you were a child? That's gotta be it.

I hope you dream about her tonite...as she obviously lives rent free in yiur mind...

Hahahahahaha.

She didn't need to say a thing at all .
I've never heard a winning coach, ever say something that grandiose about an opponent in post game.

Turd.

What is your issue? Did someone looking like Clark molest you when you were a child? That's gotta be it.

I hope you dream about her tonite...as she obviously lives rent free in yiur mind...

Hahahahahaha.
The winning coach routinely gives massive complements to the opposing team. You must be someone who never watched it before and jumped on the Clark bandwagon...

Not really my type, but she lost so not really any reason to think about her at all. The refs couldn't bail them out this time

As for the rest of your talk, yappi will probably allow it since you're supporting Clark, but it just shows immaturity and lack of character. So good job on that I guess

South Carolina caps off an undefeated season with a title.

166-9 over the last five years. 4 FFs with 2 titles. Probably 5 FFs and a good chance of having a 3rd title if the tournament didn't get cancelled due to COVID in 2020.

Staley's South Carolina program is becoming what Geno's UConn program was.
Also, no shame at all in losing against them IMO. South Carolina probably had (at least) the 6-7 best players not named Clark in this game.

Whether women's basketball or Caitlyn Clark is your cup of tea or not, a whole lot of people who would not have watched otherwise watched because of her.

Also, no shame at all in losing against them IMO. South Carolina probably had (at least) the 6-7 best players not named Clark in this game.

Whether women's basketball or Caitlyn Clark is your cup of tea or not, a whole lot of people who would not have watched otherwise watched because of her.
More depth yes. But Iowa had 3 of the 5 or 6 best players. Just got worn down by the height and depth

There's no way Iowa's 6'2 post player was one of the 5-6 best players in that game.

Depth was definitely a huge difference. Iowa had 25 total minutes played by bench players in two games this weekend. South Carolina wore them out with their size/length and depth.

Thoughts from yesterday's game....I really feel Iowa played about as well as they could yesterday, a 10-0 start, Clark has 18 in the first quarter. But by the middle of the 2nd you kinda saw how things were going to go. Big moment was when #25 took over guarding Clark. After Q1 she had just 12 points and wend 10-28 for the game. 25 also picked her a couple of times. I think those of you who feel she's just going to waltz into the WNBA and dominate is sorely mistaken. Don't get me wrong, she'll be a good player, but the talent level rises immensely like it does in the NBA and her flaws will be exposed. Also, she's going to have a target on her back so she'll need some really good teammates to help space the floor. Also defensively, she's going to have to match up with 1's, 2's and 3's and can she do that at that level.
South Carolina just had too much size and depth for Iowa to match up with. I think SC had 21 more rebounds and the SC bench had 37 points.

Anyone who saw MentorGrad’s weeks-long deluded tantrum over on the college football board over FSU’s CFP exclusion would know it’s a waste of time to argue with him about sports evaluation.