Baseball 2024

It's a drop off from last season, but not a down year even by Elder standards. This team can hit. They can be a dangerous tournament team. Moeller and Mason are the most talented teams and the teams to beat. I think Elder is capable of pulling the upset in a 1 game playoff. A 7 game series would be a different story, but 1 game Elder has as good a chance as any team to pull an upset.

Crazy stat of the day:
If Elder is able to pull off the season sweep of the Bombers on Wednesday, it will be the first time since 2015 that the Panthers have won 6 or more games in the GCL. Pretty staggering to think about considering Elder has amassed a Regional Semi-Final appearance, a Regional Final appearance, and a State Final runner-up over that period of time. It just goes to show how much better Mark Thompson led teams get over the span of the year. They always play their best baseball at the right time.

Panthers sweep the blue team and move to 15-7 with a 3-2 win today. Best of the West at the PAC against Colerain on Saturday. Should be a tune up before the schedule gets pretty daunting. Badin, Ross, Summit (Senior Night), and last year’s D1 runner-up Olentangy Orange all on the slate for next week. Great opportunity to get a lot of momentum and possibly get themselves back receiving votes in the coaches poll.

Crazy stat of the day:
If Elder is able to pull off the season sweep of the Bombers on Wednesday, it will be the first time since 2015 that the Panthers have won 6 or more games in the GCL.
Question: How long have they been playing 9 GCL league games in baseball? When did they switch from 2 to 3 games per opponent?

Playoff draws came out today. Elder gets the #1 seed in their region and will play next Thursday. I am not sure the game They play the winner of yet

Playoff draws came out today. Elder gets the #1 seed in their region and will play next Thursday. I am not sure the game They play the winner of yet
“Arch. Elder” is the #8 seed in the Cincinnati draw and will face the winner of #7 Oak Hills vs. #17 West Clermont. Kings at #5 is the highest seed in South #5 sectional (Elder’s sectional). The winner of that sectional will face Dayton #1 seed Springboro in the district round.

“Arch. Elder” is the #8 seed in the Cincinnati draw and will face the winner of #7 Oak Hills vs. #17 West Clermont. Kings at #5 is the highest seed in South #5 sectional (Elder’s sectional). The winner of that sectional will face Dayton #1 seed Springboro in the district round.

I believe the number should say #3 in front of arch elder. 😂 Loveland is the 8 seed and there is no 3 seed. OHSAA always gonna OHSAA!

That’s not a great 1st round draw.
Personally, don't hate it. I think it is an easier draw than what they had last year coming out. Springboro reminds me a little bit of the Beavercreek team Elder played in the District Final in 2021. Assuming they get to that game (Kings is no pushover by any means), Ammon will have his work cut out for him, but the Panthers should be able to push some runs across.

Todays upsets:
CHCA 6 Moeller 4
St X 2 Badin 1

Is this the first losses for Moeller and Badin?
Badin moved to 19-6. From what I understand, Elder really just came out flat against Badin in their game and the mistakes compounded which happens. Moeller snapped their 41 game win streak tonight which is beyond insane. Obviously Moeller is the state and regional favorite, but tonight they showed their flaws. If a team is able to catch them on an off night defensively with a good arm on the hill. Moeller could be at risk for a gigantic upset in the region. Will this happen? Very likely no. Could it? Crazier things have happened.

Badin moved to 19-6. From what I understand, Elder really just came out flat against Badin in their game and the mistakes compounded which happens. Moeller snapped their 41 game win streak tonight which is beyond insane. Obviously Moeller is the state and regional favorite, but tonight they showed their flaws. If a team is able to catch them on an off night defensively with a good arm on the hill. Moeller could be at risk for a gigantic upset in the region. Will this happen? Very likely no. Could it? Crazier things have happened.
Good for CHCA (a team Elder beat this year). Not sure what # starter Moe threw in this game. Anyone know?

Elder concludes the regular season today with the defending state runner-up, Olentangy Orange. Could be a really big momentum grabber before the tourney starts. In other news, Moeller loses their second straight to Vandalia Butler today, 1-0. Again, this Moeller team is too talented to not think they still won’t win the region, but this is not how they wanted to roll into the playoffs at all.

Well, I just got back from Olentangy Orange, where I found out that the game had been canceled. Since the jv was scheduled to play at 2:30, the decision to cancel the games had to have been made some time this morning. I guess no one has access to EHSports on the weekend to make corrections. I'm glad I had only a 20 minute drive each way instead of an hour or more.

Panthers win handily in round 1, 7-2. Good start by Ammon and good relief innings from Curlis. Looking like it’s going to be Kings on Tuesday. Graduation is also Tuesday, so the boys need to keep the focus. Lots of distractions this time of year.

Panthers win handily in round 1, 7-2. Good start by Ammon and good relief innings from Curlis. Looking like it’s going to be Kings on Tuesday. Graduation is also Tuesday, so the boys need to keep the focus. Lots of distractions this time of year.
The OHSAA can’t move the game up or back a day? Hate for the Srs to miss the graduation ceremony.