Baseball 2024

1965 Panther

Does anyone know why we have a home game Wednesday 3/27 against Moeller and the game is at XU. Something wrong with the PAC?

It’s likely for the annual Reds High School Showcase games. In the past Elder has played a GCLS opponent at UC or XU.

Yes. There’s usually a game or two at GABP. I think Elder has played there twice over the years.
I understand it’s not quite the same, in terms of maintenance and other expenses but it makes me wonder why Paul Brown is always considered off limits for hosting playoff games

I understand it’s not quite the same, in terms of maintenance and other expenses but it makes me wonder why Paul Brown is always considered off limits for hosting playoff games
I’m sure a big part of is that the Reds want to host these games and partner with Tom Gamble’s company to put on the overall event. As the article mentions, tickets to the HS games include a voucher for a ticket to a Reds game. They also have a Saturday or Sunday where all of the high school teams are invited to parade around the warning track before that day’s Reds game.

On the other hand, the Bengals likely aren’t going to give the OHSAA a handout when it comes to hosting playoff games at PBS. The OHSAA wants to keep the cost of hosting playoff games to a bare minimum which means Nippert and PBS aren’t even considered.

Despite Phil Castellini’s buffoonery, the Reds still are ahead of the Bengals in marketing and community events.

Last edited:
Interesting that all these local colleges can host baseball and basketball games, but not football games?

Am I wrong, or does an OHSAA rule now prohibit high school football games from being played at UC? It's hard to keep track.

Interesting that all these local colleges can host baseball and basketball games, but not football games?

Am I wrong, or does an OHSAA rule now prohibit high school football games from being played at UC? It's hard to keep track.
The story I kept hearing was that UC couldn't host football games because of possible recruiting problems that could be brought up. But that is just hearsay.

It is some weird NCAA rule. Colleges couldn't host games that were set up by 3rd parties. Moeller was able to play Elder there a few years ago because Moeller set it up.

It has something to do with a recruiting dead period. It started because Michigan set up two New Jersey High Schools to play at the big house.

If you flip through this program you can tell who sponsors the Indiana State Championships. Do you see the Bengals or Browns doing this?

Neither the Reds nor Xavier had anything to do with Wednesday’s home game being played at XU.
The PAC is not yet ready for baseball.

9-1 loss to start the year, not good. JV also got there a** kicked. At least, Freshmen won.

It’s too early to get down on this team, but I really hope they weren’t throwing their #1. It always takes time for hitting to get caught up but you’d like to see a better performance on the mound.

Last edited:
9-1 loss to start the year, not good. JV also got there a** kicked. At least, Freshmen won.

It’s too early to get down on this team, but I really hope they weren’t throwing their #1. It always takes time for hitting to get caught up but you’d like to see a better performance on the mound.
It’s a team that lost 6/8 starters and a majority of their pitching staff. This year isn’t going to be a “rebuild”, but it’s going to take some time to retool and get some confidence. They are going to take some lumps and grow from them early on.

JV was up 6-4 in the 7th and Centerville rallied late. Hardly an kickin! Varsity will be fine...pitchers just need to find their command on the mound.Big week for all 3 with Moeller.

It’s a team that lost 6/8 starters and a majority of their pitching staff. This year isn’t going to be a “rebuild”, but it’s going to take some time to retool and get some confidence. They are going to take some lumps and grow from them early on.
Hope so, but I’m skeptical. It’s one thing to lose, especially to a team that’s usually pretty good, it’s another thing to get destroyed.

JV was up 6-4 in the 7th and Centerville rallied late. Hardly an kickin! Varsity will be fine...pitchers just need to find their command on the mound.Big week for all 3 with Moeller.
I don’t think they will be “fine”, down 3-0 already. Likely getting run ruled.

Down 6-0 in the 2nd. This is just not good, they’re not even competitive. I don’t want to hear the excuses about it being early. It’s early for everyone but getting destroyed in both games to start is inexcusable

Down 6-0 in the 2nd. This is just not good, they’re not even competitive. I don’t want to hear the excuses about it being early. It’s early for everyone but getting destroyed in both games to start is inexcusable
Wait, it gets worse GBM 💪 ⚾

What's the score now? I lost track :banana: GBM 💪⚾
You guys he’ll do anything for his brothers, except pay back the $ his dad stole. BTW, Moeller never did return all the $ Glen donated
IMG_6951.png

IMG_6952.png

Yeah, you’re full of crap. They win 5 games this season, tops. They beat Talawanda, Western Brown, and Colerain. Maybe pull out a lucky win here or there, but this is not going to be a good season.

Edit: outscored 26-3 in 10 innings this season. They won’t be fine.

Last edited:
Yeah, you’re full of crap. They win 5 games this season, tops. They beat Talawanda, Western Brown, and Colerain. Maybe pull out a lucky win here or there, but this is not going to be a good season.

Edit: outscored 26-3 in 10 innings this season. They won’t be fine.
Look at the bright side, now you can do your favorite thing in the world, whine and moan for the next two months.