2024 VASJ Vikings Football **Official Thread**

Was Stuball originally from Euclid? What do you attribute the 3 cancellations to?
I wouldn't call John Hay and Youngstown East cancellations. If you complete the contract and don't want to renew, that's fair. Both of those scores heavily favored the Vikings. Mooney is the only cancellation (Mooney backing out). They had an agreement with VASJ for a 2-year deal. The Vikes beat Mooney last year 47-21, that probably has a lot to do with it. Mooney tried scheduling a Pennsylvania team for week 2 instead this year but had the dates mixed up. Right now, VASJ and Mooney are both still open week 2.

I wouldn't call John Hay and Youngstown East cancellations. If you complete the contract and don't want to renew, that's fair. Both of those scores heavily favored the Vikings. Mooney is the only cancellation (Mooney backing out). They had an agreement with VASJ for a 2-year deal. The Vikes beat Mooney last year 47-21, that probably has a lot to do with it. Mooney tried scheduling a Pennsylvania team for week 2 instead this year but had the dates mixed up. Right now, VASJ and Mooney are both still open week 2.
How many transfers has VASJ picked up so far? I heard they got at least two starters from Glenville.

All we need from the quarterback position is someone to get the ball to Jackson and Kortovich (and other stars who may develop) without all of the unforced turnovers. We have weapons all over the field but we didn't score until the 4th quarter in the Ursuline playoff game due to multiple TO's in the red zone by the QB, yet only lost by 1 score. With the core of the team returning, we can overcome our achilles heal of the last 2 years of turnovers from the quarterback position. If Vuraich can be the game manager we need, St. joe's can be a true force.

Last edited:
As stated above, the strength of this team will be the O-line and run game, like it always has been under this regime. Limiting the turnovers and playing sound defense after losing some great players on that side of the ball will dictate how far this team can go. They will be able to put up points again, but stopping the better teams on their schedule will be a tall task. I'd anticipate the schedule to fill out nicely. I liked McDowell last year and wonder if that could happen again. I also look forward to some home games.

As stated above, the strength of this team will be the O-line and run game, like it always has been under this regime. Limiting the turnovers and playing sound defense after losing some great players on that side of the ball will dictate how far this team can go. They will be able to put up points again, but stopping the better teams on their schedule will be a tall task. I'd anticipate the schedule to fill out nicely. I liked McDowell last year and wonder if that could happen again. I also look forward to some home games.
The Vikes head to Erie to take on McDowell week 6 this year.

All we need from the quarterback position is someone to get the ball to Jackson and Kortovich (and other stars who may develop) without all of the unforced turnovers. We have weapons all over the field but we didn't score until the 4th quarter in the Ursuline playoff game due to multiple TO's in the red zone by the QB, yet only lost by 1 score. With the core of the team returning, we can overcome our achilles heal of the last 2 years of turnovers from the quarterback position. If Vuraich can be the game manager we need, St. joe's can be a true force.
All they need is 24 hr a day QB, center, RB exchange drills!

Was it three?
Sarcastic George Costanza GIF

Stuball transferred to Euclid. Mooney dropped VASJ in wek 2 ,they are playing a home game against a team from PA. 3rd team to cancel the vikings this year. Vikings will be fine with Johnny as qb1. Hes a leader and the kids respect him. Stuball wanted to be handed the qb job. He didn't want to compete nor did he want to play wide receiver. Wish him the best 37 blocks down the road..
Mooney - VASJ game back on for Week 2.

St Joes was irrelevant for years and now they are solid again so I would take the bad with the good coach brings.

St Joes was irrelevant for years and now they are solid again so I would take the bad with the good coach brings.
Oh they’ll get plenty of bad, don’t you worry about that!!! History tells us when JR leaves he blows up the program. Euclid can tell you stories.

Oh they’ll get plenty of bad, don’t you worry about that!!! History tells us when JR leaves he blows up the program. Euclid can tell you stories.
Considering we went winless the year before he took over and now we have a team on the verge of a special season with a new beautiful stadium, your words are meaningless.

Definitely an interesting development with Steuball and I do wish him luck at Euclid. Just got the vibe with him that something was never right with him. Johnny V. is another legacy football player who has ties to St.Joe’s/VASJ. His uncles played on the 03 state runner up team that lost to Versailles that year. I’m definitely sure this means a lot to Johnny and knows what it takes to be a Viking and a great teammate.

Overall, definitely the key emphasis for this team this season needs to be going through your best player in Bo Jackson and run the ball down your opponents throats. If teams are wise and cut off the run game, go through your skill positions especially Kortovich who has the upper hand on DB’s with his height.

We will see how things work out this season. Should be an exciting time with a full year playing on the new field and expectations going in.

Definitely an interesting development with Steuball and I do wish him luck at Euclid. Just got the vibe with him that something was never right with him. Johnny V. is another legacy football player who has ties to St.Joe’s/VASJ. His uncles played on the 03 state runner up team that lost to Versailles that year. I’m definitely sure this means a lot to Johnny and knows what it takes to be a Viking and a great teammate.
Was Steuball originally from Euclid?