2023 OHSAA State Tournament

5th set was kind of a let down. On the stats it looked like SJA let another slow start and the moment get to them; I saw at least 3 servicer errors in the 5th, in a match to 15 that just kills a side. Also letting that 4th set get away from them was rough.

Last edited:
By the way Lake Catholic beat SJA in 4 this past season with the only close set being the one that SJA took. Would have liked to see a Kings v Lake Catholic match.

5th set was kind of a let down. On the stats it looked like SJA let another slow start and the moment get to them; I saw at least 3 servicer errors in the 5th, in a match to 15 that just kills a side. Also letting that 4th set get away from them was rough.
Yeah. When SJA was up 21-18 in the 4th, I thought they had them. Credit to the girls from Kings. As for a match with Lake Catholic, I would favor the Cougars in that one. Kings isn’t deep enough

NB vs Calvert was neither teams best volleyball. Still really good matches but just not great on either side. I'm glad NB played well enough to win it.

We were truly blessed to be able to be there early to watch Kings and Orange. Great volleyball!

My only point was Kings has proven the often repeated "they aren't deep enough" theory to be wrong. Take down consecutively UA, SUA, and SJA and that theory doesn't really hold much water.
Looks like GoEagles bucket had a hole in it. :stirthepot: :banana: :ROFLMAO:

That was the most diminant performance I have seen in a D1 Final in a long time. The player for Kings set a state record for most kills in a 3 set match (28) which is unheard of in a State final.

I watched all four state finals in person and here is how I would rank the team top 5 in the state.

1. Kings - most fire power of any team in the state. Nobody can match their two top pins that play 6 rotations
2. Lake Catholic - very good team, but their pins and Setter are not as good as Kings
3. St Joseph
4. St Ursula - Cincy
5. Mercy Mcculley

I realize Lake Catholic beats St Joes a little easier during the regular season but winning during the regular season is not the same as the State Final Four. St Ursula beat Kings in the regular season but when they played them in the playoffs Kings was much improved team and handled the pressure of the playoffs a lot better.

That was the most diminant performance I have seen in a D1 Final in a long time. The player for Kings set a state record for most kills in a 3 set match (28) which is unheard of in a State final.

I watched all four state finals in person and here is how I would rank the team top 5 in the state.

1. Kings - most fire power of any team in the state. Nobody can match their two top pins that play 6 rotations
2. Lake Catholic - very good team, but their pins and Setter are not as good as Kings
3. St Joseph
4. St Ursula - Cincy
5. Mercy Mcculley

I realize Lake Catholic beats St Joes a little easier during the regular season but winning during the regular season is not the same as the State Final Four. St Ursula beat Kings in the regular season but when they played them in the playoffs Kings was much improved team and handled the pressure of the playoffs a lot better.
No Olentangy Orange in your top five despite playing in the final and beating one of your five best in the semi's?

No Olentangy Orange in your top five despite playing in the final and beating one of your five best in the semi's?
Put Olentangy Orange in R4 or R8 in SW Ohio and they never would of even gotten Dayton. So yeah, I did not have them as a top 5 team in the State.

3. St Joseph
4. St Ursula - Cincy
5. Mercy Mcculley

Cougars smoked all the fools who stepped to them this year. LAKE'S 2 yr run was Dominant. D1 or Dwhatever nobody was beating them this year. Sorry just saw this thread so late to the game. All those teams that made it to Dayton are very good no matter the division. There is a lot of high level volleyball played in this state North, South, East and West.