2023 OHSAA State Tournament

Well we haven't looked that bad since the start of the season. All the credit to Lake Catholic, they kept the pressure up and never gave us a chance to catch our breath. Was hoping to fight with them a bit better to have an excited semi, but just was not in the cards today. We will be back, but #8 just seems to be getting further and further away from us at this time.

Well we haven't looked that bad since the start of the season. All the credit to Lake Catholic, they kept the pressure up and never gave us a chance to catch our breath. Was hoping to fight with them a bit better to have an excited semi, but just was not in the cards today. We will be back, but #8 just seems to be getting further and further away from us at this time.
Lake Catholic is just really strong this year. I feel St. Henry is a tougher match than McNicholas will be on Saturday

Lake Catholic is just really strong this year. I feel St. Henry is a tougher match than McNicholas will be on Saturday
I know they are good, but to show up to the biggest game of the year and play about as bad as you can is still disappointing. Obviously they had a large part to play in that, but we still made so many unforced errors that is not typical of a SH team. If we played how we have been I think we could've given them a game at least and possibly pulled off the upset, but unfortunately just wasn't for us today. May be unfair to call it disappointing, but we hold this tradition to a higher level than most.

Just saw some screenshots of crowd size.

Lake Catholic brought about 18 fans. :(

MAC fans travel well.
Lake Catholic soccer was in the state semifinal last night and the FB team has a playoff game tomorrow. The VB team won state last year and hasn't been challenged yet this year. It was kind of hard to justify the 3.5-hour drive to Wright State this morning when the girls would be playing again on Saturday. Isn't St. Henry like an hour away from WS?

Lake Catholic soccer was in the state semifinal last night and the FB team has a playoff game tomorrow. The VB team won state last year and hasn't been challenged yet this year. It was kind of hard to justify the 3.5-hour drive to Wright State this morning when the girls would be playing again on Saturday. Isn't St. Henry like an hour away from WS?
Yes.

Yeah, I expect the crowd will be pretty good Saturday. We’ll see though

Gilmour is destroying Hartley. I still would probably pick Mercy McCauley over them. But, it looks like it will be a battle

Gilmour is destroying Hartley. I still would probably pick Mercy McCauley over them. But, it looks like it will be a battle
Gilmour constantly re-loads year after year…..never even a question. Great tradition/ great coaching / great program. Lake Catholic is cut from the same cloth. Kudos to both elite programs.

On paper this match looks fantastic, wish I could stream for free. I see that Kings only plays 8 in the rotation with 3 getting the majority of the swings, have they always done this? With these being long sets including 2 over the 25 mark there has to be some tired girls for Kings out on the court in the 4th and potentially 5th set. Also kudos to Barrett for hitting .414 and having 10 digs through 3 sets.

On paper this match looks fantastic, wish I could stream for free. I see that Kings only plays 8 in the rotation with 3 getting the majority of the swings, have they always done this? With these being long sets including 2 over the 25 mark there has to be some tired girls for Kings out on the court in the 4th and potentially 5th set. Also kudos to Barrett for hitting .414 and having 10 digs through 3 sets.
I’m just following live stats. No video that I know about unless you have the NFHS membership. Normally I cheer for the northern teams since I am in that part of the state. Have to say Kings seems very likable. Read that they are the first public school from SW Ohio in the states since 1994. That is a nice story

I’m just following live stats. No video that I know about unless you have the NFHS membership. Normally I cheer for the northern teams since I am in that part of the state. Have to say Kings seems very likable. Read that they are the first public school from SW Ohio in the states since 1994. That is a nice story
SJA is a group of nice girls, in CLE we use to call them the cops daughters as the school is located in the Kamms corner neighborhood where all the CLE cops use to live. Now that residency requirements are done with they all seem to live in Avon. Much more blue collar than their rival Magnificat up in Rocky River.

Talk about even:

1699643455221.png

Service error by SJA followed by service ace by Kings, ouch. Kings pulling away 8-2 as SJA burns their final TO..