What Have You Learned Today ?, #3

I learned that the answer to the question of whether or not current Universities can be saved is NO.

Politicized faculty, infantilized students, and mediocre classes have combined to erode the prestige of college degrees, even at once elite colleges. A degree from Columbia no longer guarantees either maturity or preeminent knowledge but is just as likely a warning to employers of a noisy, poorly educated graduate more eager to complain to Human Resources than to enhance a company's productivity.

Yet it may not be all that unfortunate that much of higher education is going the way of malls, movie theaters, and CDs. The country needs far more skilled physical labor and less prolonged adolescence and debt.

STEM courses, professional schools, and traditional campuses are better insulated from mediocrity and should survive. Otherwise, millions more starting adulthood at 18 debt-free and fewer encumbered, ignorant, and entitled at 25 is not a bad thing for the country.

He knows a lot of stuff, but keeps coming to the wrong conclusion.

Is that smart?
Yes and sometimes no.

March 10, 1990. My 5th or 6th time golfing, I aced a par 3 and shot an overall 84 for 18 holes. My golfing enthusiast buddies, that are very knowledgeable in the game, considered what I had done as a marked accomplishment and thus considered me someone as being their D player in upcoming scrambles. Playing several tournaments over the next few months, they realized (probably just being nice after the first couple of rounds) I sucked and questioned my aforementioned accomplishment. I proudly told them it was a 120 yard par three, I used a 7 iron and it was 2600 yard par 58 course. They were less than impressed and felt duped, lol

Looking back, the moral of the story; people, including me, allow perception to cloud their intelligence when needing to come to a logical conclusion. There is a marked difference in commonsense and intelligence, it's just a matter of figuring which is more apt for the situation. God knows, I need to do better.

Last edited:
Yes and sometimes no.

March 10, 1990. My 5th or 6th time golfing, I aced a par 3 and shot an overall 84 for 18 holes. My golfing enthusiast buddies, that are very knowledgeable in the game, considered what I had done as a marked accomplishment and thus considered me someone as being their D player in upcoming scrambles. Playing several tournaments over the next few months, they realized (probably just being nice after the first couple of rounds) I sucked and questioned my aforementioned accomplishment. I proudly told them it was a 120 yard par three, I used a 7 iron and it was 2600 yard par 58 course. They were less than impressed and felt duped, lol

Looking back, the moral of the story; people, including me, allow perception to cloud their intelligence when needing to come to a logical conclusion. There is a marked difference in commonsense and intelligence, it's just a matter of figuring which is more apt for the situation. God knows, I need to do better.
As a golfer, I love your story. I also agree 100% that there is a difference between common sense and intellect. In fact, I find common sense more valuable. That is especially true with Yappi. When I look at a post on Yappi, my first question is does this sound right? Is it probable? Is the source referenced believable? More often than not, one or more of those answers is no. I then simply do a little thinking or homework.

The moral of this story is intellect is rarely more apt for Yappi.

The old "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument is a real yawner.

Its a yawner for me because its true and very easy to understand. Its a yawner for others because it true and conflicts with the view thats been crafted for them and they must do mental gymnastics to explain it. Now comes the intellectual dismount.

There is a reason we have exponentially more gun deaths than any other civilized country in the world and it is not because our people are born more violent.
It is simply because we have more guns than people and the culture that gets created because of it.

So simply having more guns can create a culture that will kill more people with guns? If you actually believe that theory, then explain how a gun creates a culture. I can understand people creating a culture but not a screwdriver or a hammer.
Are violent people born? Not directly but two violent people can definitely create an environment where a violent individual is formed quickly.
Obviously, we will disagree on this subject. You need to accept that fact and not allow yourself to get that emotional when it happens on Yappi.

A person willing to examine their position and search for the truth wont get upset when questioned or insulted. Most of the time weve adopted a position through emotion, Its how we feel about an issue thats important.
Repeatedly telling me to go f**k myself does not have the effect on me you think it does. In fact, it is pretty amusing to me.

Im not sure of the effect it has on you but I really enjoy your posts and views so I hope it doesnt stop you. Youre like a case of poison Ivy, i dont like to get it but I love to scratch it.

I learned that the answer to the question of whether or not current Universities can be saved is NO.

Politicized faculty, infantilized students, and mediocre classes have combined to erode the prestige of college degrees, even at once elite colleges. A degree from Columbia no longer guarantees either maturity or preeminent knowledge but is just as likely a warning to employers of a noisy,
Federally abolish tenured ideologues at any institution receiving federal student loan funds, via legislation.

The old "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument is a real yawner.

Its a yawner for me because its true and very easy to understand. Its a yawner for others because it true and conflicts with the view thats been crafted for them and they must do mental gymnastics to explain it. Now comes the intellectual dismount.

There is a reason we have exponentially more gun deaths than any other civilized country in the world and it is not because our people are born more violent.
It is simply because we have more guns than people and the culture that gets created because of it.

So simply having more guns can create a culture that will kill more people with guns? If you actually believe that theory, then explain how a gun creates a culture. I can understand people creating a culture but not a screwdriver or a hammer.
Are violent people born? Not directly but two violent people can definitely create an environment where a violent individual is formed quickly.
Obviously, we will disagree on this subject. You need to accept that fact and not allow yourself to get that emotional when it happens on Yappi.

A person willing to examine their position and search for the truth wont get upset when questioned or insulted. Most of the time weve adopted a position through emotion, Its how we feel about an issue thats important.
Repeatedly telling me to go f**k myself does not have the effect on me you think it does. In fact, it is pretty amusing to me.

Im not sure of the effect it has on you but I really enjoy your posts and views so I hope it doesnt stop you. Youre like a case of poison Ivy, i dont like to get it but I love to scratch it.
You may have crabs, Plato.

Why do they need to call the cops?

Is something illegal happening?

It's not clear in your 30 sec vid.
Where is the wall to keep others out? Where a students being blocked from attending class? Looks like a peaceful protest, in its weakest means. What is the problem? Their stance, rhetoric? What is illegal here?

Obviously, given the arrests of totally innocent people at the college protests, illegality is not a prerequisite.
"Destroying property is not a peaceful protest. It's against the law. Vandalism, trespassing, breaking windows, shutting down campuses, forcing the cancelation of classes and graduations, none of this is a peaceful protest,. Threatening people, intimidating people, instilling fear in people is not peaceful protest." Joe Biden, 2 May 2024.

"Destroying property is not a peaceful protest. It's against the law. Vandalism, trespassing, breaking windows, shutting down campuses, forcing the cancelation of classes and graduations, none of this is a peaceful protest,. Threatening people, intimidating people, instilling fear in people is not peaceful protest." Joe Biden, 2 May 2024.
You did not mention kidnaping. I heard they detained a person when a building was taken over that is kidnaping if I am not wrong.

As a golfer, I love your story. I also agree 100% that there is a difference between common sense and intellect. In fact, I find common sense more valuable. That is especially true with Yappi. When I look at a post on Yappi, my first question is does this sound right? Is it probable? Is the source referenced believable? More often than not, one or more of those answers is no. I then simply do a little thinking or homework.

The moral of this story is intellect is rarely more apt for Yappi.
Congratulations, you quickly identify this anecdote as something you could readily relate and I am glad you loved it...it is relatable to your experiences but... Is it true? The perception you have as a golfer and the language that I used would make it plausible, yet I provided no proof, nor did you research or even ask for a score card before, "love your story". You have been kind of a demand proof guy in the past...Yet, you have questioned the validity to other stories I have given.

Plausibility is in the eye of the reader and you doing a little thinking or homework is no harder than me saying I got a hole in one.

Last edited:
It seems to me with Democrats having their plans to register the illegal immigrants to be able to vote moving too slowly to help save Joe in 2024. The democrats have started to make a move to get convicts registered so they can vote. I really do not think the D's have completely thought this through. I would like to point out to them that since they have returned to power the only people being charged and convicted are republicans.

I learned that Kristi Noem shot her puppy in the face. 👀 FFS. Lol.

p_oldyeller_19890_2c9470cc.jpeg

Whatever he told him what a liberal was, if the kid has half a brain, he will figure out at some point that grandad was full of sh_t.
Liberals are full of sh-t. It's what happens when emotion overrides reason, logic and common sense...like suggesting you should be responsible for what a criminal does with your stolen property.

My grandfather, God rest his soul, had a lot of great attributes. That said, I remember the day when I was telling him what I learned about the civil war and he told me that the racism blacks faced in this country was not nearly as bad as it was for the Irish. At the time, I had no basis to disbelieve him. It was not long before I realized he was full of sh_t about a lot of things. I loved him anyway.

You obviously have had a rough day. I hope you find yourself in a better place tomorrow.
Then you foolishly came to believe slavery was a unique oppression suffered by blacks and whites have always been the oppressors.

We should analyze the number of crimes committed usings a gun in comparison the number of crimes stopped because of a gun. I think it has been done before. I bet it is interesting. Regardless of what you think about the 2nd amendment, suggesting the country is safer with guns is abject stupidity.
Speaking of abject stupidity

Having spent my career in health care, I know there are situations where extending life violates the medical credo of do no harm. Yet should we be worried that euthanasia may become the easy out or best practice in the American healthcare system as it becomes even more strained by scarce resources?

The old "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument is a real yawner. You can repeat it all you want. There is a reason we have exponentially more gun deaths than any other civilized country in the world and it is not because our people are born more violent. It is simply because we have more guns than people and the culture that gets created because of it.

Obviously, we will disagree on this subject. You need to accept that fact and not allow yourself to get that emotional when it happens on Yappi. Repeatedly telling me to go f**k myself does not have the effect on me you think it does. In fact, it is pretty amusing to me.
That metric has always been the case and yet mass shootings is a relatively new phenomenon...almost like changes in society are responsible rather than the amount of guns in the country. 🤔

The comparison of guns to automobiles and screw drivers is the definition of insanity. Whenever a person starts down that path, I know they are not rationale. The fact remains that if we did not have guns, we would have much less homicide. It is really not a debatable point.

Now, before my comment triggers the inner Chucky in you, I do not advocate for the eradication of guns. The concept of "well regulated" does not just mean what you think it does.
People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. That's not going to stop because you ban guns.

Actually Probese isn't a smart person. He outs himself on here and then cries about it. LOL. He literally tells everyone personal info, then posts his name and cries. He actually is not smart at all. Fat and stupid is actually more accurate.
59b86e78-776e-4603-aa41-37051ac6640e_text.gif