Week 9 Elder vs. Bishop Chatard(IN)

Another important injury too. It’s just over, it feels like everyone knows it. The players are still playing hard, but the season is done.

The top teams in Indiana being better than Ohio.
After watching this we are not a top team in Ohio. We have digressed considerably. Don’t know how we can recover. Now we have probably lost McKenna. Put Brass at running back and Schack at qb to give us another option on offense. Defensive backs can’t defend the pass. LaSalle qb will have a career night.

Everyone needs to calm down. This season Elder has lost to:
#1 St Edward
#2 Pick North
R4 Favorite Moeller
#1 (in their respective Division) Chatard

Sure after two ugly losses it looks like they may have peaked in the wins over both St X schools, but they've still got a chance to finish 2nd in the GCL and earn a 1st Round Home Playoff game. The season is not over.

2 Elder DBs run into each other, TD Chatard. That’s coaching and it’s embarrassing.
Really? Do you think these kids are coached to run into each other? That’s just crazy, what kind of coach coaches kids to run into each other?

Might be time to switch Schacleiter to QB, Brass to RB
Honestly I kind of think that maybe a viable option. Move Brass to RB. He's the best runner on the team and Shack probably throws a prettier ball than Brass. You also get another athlete on the field.

Unfortunately there is little threat of a running game at this point. Any team that has similar talent to Elder can gameplan fairly easy to stop Elder.

The body language tonight was off or something? It didn't really look like an Elder team or that they even wanted to be there?

Time to refocus on Lasalle next week and hopefully get a first round playoff game at the pit.

Perhaps moving the start time up threw us off sync early. Never heard of rain with no threat of lightning changing a start time.

I know they are banged up, but I don't know exactly how many starters and second stringers are out. Hopefully some of them will be back for the playoffs.

I know they are banged up, but I don't know exactly how many starters and second stringers are out. Hopefully some of them will be back for the playoffs.
Admittedly didn't catch last week's game, but Sandhaus has been playing one of the safety spots most of the year, but was at CB tonight. Uran started the year at CB and he was playing more LB tonight. The injuries have just killed the defense this year.

Omar is a joke…….probably has never played a down in football
I’ve played, I wasn’t good enough to even play Frosh football. I make no pretenses about being a terrible “athlete”, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know football.

Admittedly didn't catch last week's game, but Sandhaus has been playing one of the safety spots most of the year, but was at CB tonight. Uran started the year at CB and he was playing more LB tonight. The injuries have just killed the defense this year.
But next man up, iron sharpens iron. Oh and McKenna got hurt tonight too.

Last edited:
Honestly I kind of think that maybe a viable option. Move Brass to RB. He's the best runner on the team and Shack probably throws a prettier ball than Brass. You also get another athlete on the field.

Unfortunately there is little threat of a running game at this point. Any team that has similar talent to Elder can gameplan fairly easy to stop Elder.

The body language tonight was off or something? It didn't really look like an Elder team or that they even wanted to be there?

Time to refocus on Lasalle next week and hopefully get a first round playoff game at the pit.
They have to do something. When you’re running QB Draw in the 4th Qtr down 21, something in your Offense needs to change.

The body language was terrible, that’s why I think they lose out. They’ll play hard, but they know they have no chance of making any real run.

But next man up, iron sharpens iron. Oh and McKenna got hurt tonight too.
They've been dealing with injuries since the preseason. I suppose they shouldn't practice, just walk thru everything. You've whined for years about playing some of these terrible teams who are undisciplined and have bad technique, potentially could get someone hurt. So then they play a tough schedule and that's why they have so many injuries. Can't have it both ways. It's just rotten luck and football, nothing more, nothing less.

They've been dealing with injuries since the preseason. I suppose they shouldn't practice, just walk thru everything. You've whined for years about playing some of these terrible teams who are undisciplined and have bad technique, potentially could get someone hurt. So then they play a tough schedule and that's why they have so many injuries. Can't have it both ways. It's just rotten luck and football, nothing more, nothing less.
Even if healthy, I don’t see how that competition made them better. They still can’t run the ball outside of Brass, the WR can’t get separation one on one, the DL gets no pressure, tackling is weak.

I know their options are limited but anyone who thinks this helps Elder, is wrong.

Even if healthy, I don’t see how that competition made them better. They still can’t run the ball outside of Brass, the WR can’t get separation one on one, the DL gets no pressure, tackling is weak.

I know their options are limited but anyone who thinks this helps Elder, is wrong.
Those flaws would still be there against good teams though, in fact they likely would show up even worse against good teams. Honestly I don't know that they beat Lou X or St X if they don't play PN or St Ed's this year. So I disagree, helps them more than hurts them.

Those flaws would still be there against good teams though, in fact they likely would show up even worse against good teams. Honestly I don't know that they beat Lou X or St X if they don't play PN or St Ed's this year. So I disagree, helps them more than hurts them.
Explain.

That last TD pass is what I’m talking about needing better athletes. Elder is never going to win anything meaningful until they get better talent.
Omar again your a sorry excuse to be affiliated with Elder. Athletes is not the issue. Poor judgement and decision making on personal is the issue and always has been.

Omar again your a sorry excuse to be affiliated with Elder. Athletes is not the issue. Poor judgement and decision making on personal is the issue and always has been.
No, the lack of athleticism is a much larger issue. It’s absurd you think some combination of personnel would solve this. Again, you had a DB in perfect position on the final TD pass mistime a jump and totally whiff knocking the ball away.

Elder doesn’t have the speed or athleticism to compete, they just don’t. The staff is squeezing blood from a stone a lot of the time. But that doesn’t excuse how bad the coaching was last night. Everything was bad top to bottom.

After watching this we are not a top team in Ohio. We have digressed considerably. Don’t know how we can recover. Now we have probably lost McKenna. Put Brass at running back and Schack at qb to give us another option on offense. Defensive backs can’t defend the pass. LaSalle qb will have a career night.
Elder isn’t a top team, but the top 3 in Indiana might be better than the top 3 in OH

After soaking in this comment, this might be one of the most ‘tarded Yappi posts I’ve seen. Elder has talent but they ALWAYS lack the speed & athleticism at the Skill positions & the Secondary. And they usually have decent HS players but the fact they never have true studs, is why they haven’t won a title in 20 yrs. Put Spencer Ware on the ‘08 & ‘09 teams, they’re back to back champs. Put Corey Kiner on the ‘19 team, they’re State champs. Not having that one explosive playmaker, that can take over a game, is their albatross. To act like that deficiency is bc of Coaching and mismanaging personnel, is flat out ignorant.

After soaking in this comment, this might be one of the most ‘tarded Yappi posts I’ve seen. Elder has talent but they ALWAYS lack the speed & athleticism at the Skill positions & the Secondary. And they usually have decent HS players but the fact they never have true studs, is why they haven’t won a title in 20 yrs. Put Spencer Ware on the ‘08 & ‘09 teams, they’re back to back champs. Put Corey Kiner on the ‘19 team, they’re State champs. Not having that one explosive playmaker, that can take over a game, is their albatross. To act like that deficiency is bc of Coaching and mismanaging personnel, is flat out ignorant.
I 100 percent agree with the kiner part he was a monster at rogerbacon