Week 9 Elder vs. Bishop Chatard(IN)

ElderHSfan02

Elder travels to Indianapolis to play undefeated Bishop Chatard. Chatard has a very good win over Cathedral this season who beat Lasalle. Elder will have to be healthy and on their A game to escape with a win.

Elder has already clinched a playoff berth. Elder would clinch a home playoff game with a win.

Shortridge @ Chatard October 6, 2023

Andrean @ Chatard September 29, 2023

Roncalli @ Chatard September 1, 2023

Brebeuf Jesuit @ Chatard August 18, 2023

Elder travels to Indianapolis to play undefeated Bishop Chatard. Chatard has a very good win over Cathedral this season who beat Lasalle. Elder will have to be healthy and on their A game to escape with a win.

Elder has already clinched a playoff berth. Elder would clinch a home playoff game with a win.
I cannot stress enough that this game is a big Harbin Game. IF Elder can win, they are sitting pretty looking at a top 4 seed. If Elder beats Chatard and LaSalle they will be top 4.

Is the game actually at Chatard? I don’t recall them having a stadium

Yes, it is at the Bishop Chatard High School Alumni Stadium. It looks like they have a home side that sits a couple thousand and a visitor side that probably fits 500-1000. The Roncalli game was at Chatard.

Will the ENN crew make the road trip? Roncalli was able to stream as the visiting team.

Last edited:

2023-2024 BCHS General Ticket Policies​

• All students & BCHS staff receive free admission to regular home contests with their school ID card. No need to purchase any tickets! **(Games not included are City Tourney, occasional special contest or IHSAA events played at BCHS).
  • BCHS Athletic Booster Club members: Use your season passes for free admission to regular home contests. No need to purchase any tickets! **(Games not included in the pass are City Tourney, occasional special contest or IHSAA events played at BCHS).
  • Regular Admission:
    • Varsity Home Football: $7 pre-sale (until 3:00 p.m. on game day); $10 after 3 p.m. and at the gate
    • Girls Home Volleyball: $7 for Varsity, JV and Freshmen or Varsity & JV games on the same evening
    • Girls or Boys Home Basketball: $7 admits one person to both the Varsity & JV game that evening
    • Boys/Girls Soccer Doubleheaders: $7
    • All other sports: $5
    • Note: $50 & $100 Bills cannot be accepted for ticket or concessions purchases
  • Pre-school ages are FREE.
  • **All availability is subject to any capacity restrictions that could be in place. Check this area for the latest policies.

Not sure if Cathedral was missing some big pieces when they played Chatard, but either way, this is going to be a tall task for Elder. That Cathedral team was the best I've seen all year.

Yes, it is at the Bishop Chatard High School Alumni Stadium. It looks like they have a home side that sits a couple thousand and a visitor side that probably fits 500-1000. The Roncalli game was at Chatard.

Will the ENN crew make the road trip? Roncalli was able to stream as the visiting team.
Roncali wasn’t at Chatard

Not sure if Cathedral was missing some big pieces when they played Chatard, but either way, this is going to be a tall task for Elder. That Cathedral team was the best I've seen all year.

I was also surprised by that result. Cathedral has 4 players committed D1 and Chatard has 0.

I was also surprised by that result. Cathedral has 4 players committed D1 and Chatard has 0.
That QB is really good. Going to UK, I believe.

Doesn't look like anybody was out. Although it sounds a lot like the La Salle game except for the ultimate outcome. Cathedral built a lead and then the other team came roaring back. La Salle really had them on the ropes after falling behind 28-6, but puttered out. Chatard must be really good.

That QB is really good. Going to UK, I believe.

Doesn't look like anybody was out. Although it sounds a lot like the La Salle game except for the ultimate outcome. Cathedral built a lead and then the other team came roaring back. La Salle really had them on the ropes after falling behind 28-6, but puttered out. Chatard must be really good.
Deion already took back the Cathedral’s kid offer?

If Elder is healthy, they have a chance. If not, they lose by multiple TDs.
This will be the 5th top 5 team in their state that Elder plays this year (half the schedule). Add in X and LaSalle and it’s a killer schedule.
the possible reward- no home playoff game.
a lot to ask of any team.

Don't put that information out there. Anyone can read this. If us reading yappi know then Chatard knows. It doesn't help Elder to put that info on yappi.
Not sure if this was serious or not, so forgive me if it went over my head. However, to be fair, if anyone read the thread last week or saw the game online (traded film), they know #8 didn't play last week.

This will be the 5th top 5 team in their state that Elder plays this year (half the schedule). Add in X and LaSalle and it’s a killer schedule.
the possible reward- no home playoff game.
a lot to ask of any team.
But iron sharpens iron, anyone anywhere, next man up, and all those other regarded cliches.

Not sure if this was serious or not, so forgive me if it went over my head. However, to be fair, if anyone read the thread last week or saw the game online (traded film), they know #8 didn't play last week.
But they don’t know his status for this week.

Yes they saw #8 did not play. But they don't know who will play on Friday. So it gives them more to prepare for and less to focus on. Think of it as if you are back in HS. You have one test on Friday and have three hours to study. You spend all three hours on that one test.
Option 2 Your teacher has said you could have a test in Math, Science, or History, but just one. Then you have to manage your three hours. Do you spend an hour on each, what if you are really good at Math, Do you then spend 90 minutes on Science and History? Think of it like that. Since your name is adelder09 I am assuming you are an Elder fan. Don't you want Elder have the best advantage?

Yes they saw #8 did not play. But they don't know who will play on Friday. So it gives them more to prepare for and less to focus on. Think of it as if you are back in HS. You have one test on Friday and have three hours to study. You spend all three hours on that one test.
Option 2 Your teacher has said you could have a test in Math, Science, or History, but just one. Then you have to manage your three hours. Do you spend an hour on each, what if you are really good at Math, Do you then spend 90 minutes on Science and History? Think of it like that. Since your name is adelder09 I am assuming you are an Elder fan. Don't you want Elder have the best advantage?
Sure, I just don't think the Chatard coaches are flipping through Yappi pages to find Intel on the upcoming opponent's QB status and nor should they. Someone could say 'he's out, wont play' then he shows up in full uniform on Friday.

At any rate, one of the thread rules is to not discuss specific injuries. So no need to comment one way or another.

Sure, I just don't think the Chatard coaches are flipping through Yappi pages to find Intel on the upcoming opponent's QB status and nor should they. Someone could say 'he's out, wont play' then he shows up in full uniform on Friday.

At any rate, one of the thread rules is to not discuss specific injuries. So no need to comment one way or another.
I doubt the Chatard coaches are either. But I could see a Chatard fan reading and tipping off the coaches. Anyway it is not worth it to tip them off in anyway.