Week 5 Mentor (2-2) @ Cleveland Heights (3-1)

Im not even a Heights fan just an adult who doesnt get sour grapes over high school football so the series has nothing to do with anyhting I said. Theyre still 0-1 against them this year. You are clearly the one offended by the Pa Annoucer, the hype around Davis, and the fact that Mentor didnt win.
It's not sour grapes to point out that a QB with a ton of D1 offers is a big difference vs a senior who never started a game before this and was a million levels below Fox ... it's common sense

So yeah I'm not going to be like you guys and act like Heights facing Mentor with Fox vs without him is the same thing because it isn't.

The term offended used here by you is bs. Really didn't care about the announcer being over the top besides thinking he was annoying. Davis will probably be a very good athlete in college at corner.

Mentor has played plenty of tough games over the years. They lose some of those. No big deal. Pointing out that Mentor playing without their QB isn't the same as playing with him is not me being offended. Its stating a fact that you guys try to ignore for some reason

Here's a fun fact:

Massillon Jackson at 4-1 has the same number of wins as all 5 teams Shaker Heights has beaten COMBINED!! (4-21 for those teams ).

Last edited:
It's not whining at all. It's the truth. If it offends you, oh well. I don't think heights is very good at all.
But what you think doesn't really matter when it comes to the big picture

Let's make sure that I understand you. Records mean nothing. Heights is not tied for the lead in the GCC with Shaker TODAY, because you don't think they should be. You feel that the conference should just stop playing the actual games and just go by your feelings as to which team is best? Or maybe, they should cancel the games involving Mentor whenever Mentor's QB is down because he's so highly recruited (mostly mid-majors, but still an accomplishment).

It's not sour grapes to point out that a QB with a ton of D1 offers is a big difference vs a senior who never started a game before this and was a million levels below Fox ... it's common sense

So yeah I'm not going to be like you guys and act like Heights facing Mentor with Fox vs without him is the same thing because it isn't.

The term offended used here by you is bs. Really didn't care about the announcer being over the top besides thinking he was annoying. Davis will probably be a very good athlete in college at corner.

Mentor has played plenty of tough games over the years. They lose some of those. No big deal. Pointing out that Mentor playing without their QB isn't the same as playing with him is not me being offended. Its stating a fact that you guys try to ignore for some reason

Here's a fun fact:

Massillon Jackson at 4-1 has the same number of wins as all 5 teams Shaker Heights has beaten COMBINED!! (4-21 for those teams ).
Since you referred to "you guys", I want to respond to one thing. I've never said or implied that Scotty Fox doesn't make a difference or that Heights absolutely wins even if he plays. I simply stated that there are no guarantees.

But what you think doesn't really matter when it comes to the big picture

Let's make sure that I understand you. Records mean nothing. Heights is not tied for the lead in the GCC with Shaker TODAY, because you don't think they should be. You feel that the conference should just stop playing the actual games and just go by your feelings as to which team is best? Or maybe, they should cancel the games involving Mentor whenever Mentor's QB is down because he's so highly recruited (mostly mid-majors, but still an accomplishment).
Plenty of non mid majors but good try

I didn't say records don't matter. I showed you proof that Shaker beat 5 teams who are a combined 4-21 . You guys dismiss Jackson but they have as many wins as all 5 of Shakers opponents COMBINED!

The games and results happened. I'm saying that beating Mentor on a 2 point conversion in OT at home isn't very impressive when our starting QB was out. Mentor without their starting QB isn't a real Mentor team. That's the single most important position for Mentor especially.

Sure there are no guarantees. But I think Mentor easily beats Heights with Fox from what I saw and I wasn't impressed with Heights. While you are trying to say I'm whining, it is really you who sounds butthurt about my opinion

Plenty of non mid majors but good try

I didn't say records don't matter. I showed you proof that Shaker beat 5 teams who are a combined 4-21 . You guys dismiss Jackson but they have as many wins as all 5 of Shakers opponents COMBINED!

The games and results happened. I'm saying that beating Mentor on a 2 point conversion in OT at home isn't very impressive when our starting QB was out. Mentor without their starting QB isn't a real Mentor team. That's the single most important position for Mentor especially.

Sure there are no guarantees. But I think Mentor easily beats Heights with Fox from what I saw and I wasn't impressed with Heights. While you are trying to say I'm whining, it is really you who sounds butthurt about my opinion
You DID write, "Heights isn't at the top of the GCC." Based on records, that statement is not true.
You also stated that with Fox, Mentor kills Heights. It's fine to have an opinion, but you word things as fact and you don't know that.

I didn't think that Shaker would be 5-0 at this point in the season. That being said, I can still be happy for them. I don't act like my team is the best and everyone else sucks.

You DID write, "Heights isn't at the top of the GCC." Based on records, that statement is not true.
You also stated that with Fox, Mentor kills Heights. It's fine to have an opinion, but you word things as fact and you don't know that.

I didn't think that Shaker would be 5-0 at this point in the season. That being said, I can still be happy for them. I don't act like my team is the best and everyone else sucks.
Being at the top in record because of circumstances isn't the same as being the top team at full strength. And in shakers case, it's because they played the 2 worst teams in the GCC and 5 crappy teams overall.

Perspective is important. One of you dismissed Jackson and the other touted Shaker Heights. Jackson is 4-1. Shaker's entire schedule is 4-21.

And obviously me saying Fox leading Mentor leads to killing Heights is an opinion. Duh. Do I really need to say "in my opinion" after every fricken statement on a message board? I do think if Fox were QB last Friday, Mentor wins going away

Again that isn't whining. And again you seem way more butthurt about my opinion as you accuse me falsely of whining

Being at the top in record because of circumstances isn't the same as being the top team at full strength. And in shakers case, it's because they played the 2 worst teams in the GCC and 5 crappy teams overall.

Perspective is important. One of you dismissed Jackson and the other touted Shaker Heights. Jackson is 4-1. Shaker's entire schedule is 4-21.

And obviously me saying Fox leading Mentor leads to killing Heights is an opinion. Duh. Do I really need to say "in my opinion" after every fricken statement on a message board? I do think if Fox were QB last Friday, Mentor wins going away

Again that isn't whining. And again you seem way more butthurt about my opinion as you accuse me falsely of whining
Yeah, okay .... you keep crying and pretend that you and the Cardinals are victims.
The game is over, Heights won, and you're no longer worth my time.

Yeah, okay .... you keep crying and pretend that you and the Cardinals are victims.
The game is over, Heights won, and you're no longer worth my time.
The only one throwing a fit is you based on my opinion of Heights and not being at all impressed.

Maybe a bit of a defense mechanism for you here as you are the one being a little pansy on this.

Yes you won at home by 1 point on a 2 point conversion in OT with Mentor playing with their backup QB. Great.

I know you guys aren't used to winning anything so soak it all in when you can get it