Way to early D1 SW Ohio predictions

Great facilities, good coaching, strong education if they take advantage of it . Why wouldn’t U send ur kid to Princeton.

And fyi they are getting ready to go on a run in girls basketball to the final 4 for the next few years . So if kids want to win send them there

Great facilities, good coaching, strong education if they take advantage of it . Why wouldn’t U send ur kid to Princeton.

Pretty sure we've had this discussion before in this exact thread but it's worth repeating... You're either purposely being naive or you're just ignorant if you think these students are showing up to Princeton for their education and facilities. You're a Princeton fan I believe, so I'm assuming you're just playing dumb.

Players didn't leave Summit Country Day and Walnut Hills because they weren't happy with their education. And in case you didn't know, really good basketball players don't go to MND and Purcell Marian for the Catholic education either.

On top of that, many coaches use their ties to AAU programs, such as Legends U, to draw kids to their school. This is especially helpful when your school is open enrollment (Princeton) or private (Purcell, MND, etc). It's exactly why MND hired who they hired. It is what it is at this point, but other schools in the area are at a disadvantage because they aren't able to simply recruit (or whatever you prefer to call it, but it's recruiting). Everybody is willing to turn a blind eye from this when it benefits their school, but it's not what amateur athletics is about for student-athletes. I don't blame the players, I blame adults that let it happen.

Pretty sure we've had this discussion before in this exact thread but it's worth repeating... You're either purposely being naive or you're just ignorant if you think these students are showing up to Princeton for their education and facilities. You're a Princeton fan I believe, so I'm assuming you're just playing dumb.

Players didn't leave Summit Country Day and Walnut Hills because they weren't happy with their education. And in case you didn't know, really good basketball players don't go to MND and Purcell Marian for the Catholic education either.

On top of that, many coaches use their ties to AAU programs, such as Legends U, to draw kids to their school. This is especially helpful when your school is open enrollment (Princeton) or private (Purcell, MND, etc). It's exactly why MND hired who they hired. It is what it is at this point, but other schools in the area are at a disadvantage because they aren't able to simply recruit (or whatever you prefer to call it, but it's recruiting). Everybody is willing to turn a blind eye from this when it benefits their school, but it's not what amateur athletics is about for student-athletes. I don't blame the players, I blame adults that let it happen.
Just as naive if you think these kids are just popping up on open enrollment and private school rosters to play basketball but when they randomly show up on a closed enrollment roster its completely innocent. Matula is one of the best recruiters in the game (Parrish, Oldacre, Prows are just the most recent). Blame whomever or whatever, the reality is when you are talking about the head count sports with big time potential college scholarships in play, its happening going to continue. That's why the argument is limited to the football and basketball threads, you don't see the volleyball board discussing the annual transfer list. The only thing that keeps it (somewhat) regulated at least in basketball is that there are only 5 players on the court, so once a program gets so good that everyone wants to be there, then the pendulum starts to swing away from it because nobody wants their potential scholarship kid sitting on the bench. It sounds like Princeton could be seeing that soon if they are that deep.

Good kids want to play with good kids. How do you think MND and Lakota West had their runs. Kids play together for six months and builds bonds with each other. Check the history of Princeton girls basketball. The program has had its ups and downs. Another reason kids want to go to Princeton is because they want to play for someone who's played at the highest level and can relate to them outside of the game. I can tell you there's no coach in sw ohio that has college connections like her. 6 of the last 7 seniors are playing in college for free. The team average gpa is a 3.5 with most kids in Honors, AP or IB courses.

The fact of the matter is they been putting girls in college since 1985 for basketball . Great facilities and better coaching is just going to make that program stronger

The fact of the matter is they been putting girls in college since 1985 for basketball . Great facilities and better coaching is just going to make that program stronger
We are all aware of why kids are transferring. And like I said before, it is what it is at this point. But I'm tired of people saying it's for "education and facilities". A player transferring to play their senior at Princeton wasn't because of coaching, facilities or education.

Good kids want to play with good kids. How do you think MND and Lakota West had their runs. Kids play together for six months and builds bonds with each other. Check the history of Princeton girls basketball. The program has had its ups and downs. Another reason kids want to go to Princeton is because they want to play for someone who's played at the highest level and can relate to them outside of the game. I can tell you there's no coach in sw ohio that has college connections like her. 6 of the last 7 seniors are playing in college for free. The team average gpa is a 3.5 with most kids in Honors, AP or IB courses.
I agree with about Coach Davis, but I don't know what the purpose of trying to hide people going to Princeton for basketball behind facilities and academics. Walnut and Summit have amazing academics, yet Givens and Gerton transferred to Princeton after Coach Davis got there. And Princeton has great facilities but weren't enough to keep Oldacre there when Coach Davis wasn't there. And a team average GPA of 3.5 is not selling the 'academics' in the way that you think. Honors, AP, and IB courses are weighted by a point or more, so if most of the team is taking weighted classes and the average of their GPA is a 3.5 than half of them are barely passing.

That's great and all, but "good kids wanting to play with good kids" isn't a legitimate reason for transferring your high school. And yes, I know it's not just Princeton and it's just as bad when Purcell, MND, Mason and Lakota West do it.

I agree with about Coach Davis, but I don't know what the purpose of trying to hide people going to Princeton for basketball behind facilities and academics. Walnut and Summit have amazing academics, yet Givens and Gerton transferred to Princeton after Coach Davis got there. And Princeton has great facilities but weren't enough to keep Oldacre there when Coach Davis wasn't there. And a team average GPA of 3.5 is not selling the 'academics' in the way that you think. Honors, AP, and IB courses are weighted by a point or more, so if most of the team is taking weighted classes and the average of their GPA is a 3.5 than half of them are barely passing.
Agreed 1000 percent about the GPA. If we are counting weighted classes then the girls at Walnut and Summit have GPA's over 5.

We are all aware of why kids are transferring. And like I said before, it is what it is at this point. But I'm tired of people saying it's for "education and facilities". A player transferring to play their senior at Princeton wasn't because of coaching, facilities or education.
Walnut Hills coach is terrible. Is that good enough for you.🤷🏿🤷🏿🤷🏿🤷🏿🤷🏿🤷🏿🤷🏿🤷🏿

Let me make it clear for you.
Why do you have a problem with a parent and their decision? It's there child, good grief. Who cares what they say their reason is.

I feel like Walnut Hills should be a gold mine job that would attract some really good coaches. Crazy academics. In the city of Cincinatti.
In an average year how many kids receive academic scholarships? Walnut Hills is in the same boat as Performing Arts. Great education but everything else terrible. Every year kids transfer out of there.

In an average year how many kids receive academic scholarships? Walnut Hills is in the same boat as Performing Arts. Great education but everything else terrible. Every year kids transfer out of there.
Yikes. That is not good. What place is the best place to coach in the Cincinatti area in your opinion? Top 3. I always thought Walnut Hills would be up there but I think I am wrong for sure.

Yikes. That is not good. What place is the best place to coach in the Cincinatti area in your opinion? Top 3. I always thought Walnut Hills would be up there but I think I am wrong for sure.
I think MND, Mason, and Princeton are probably the premier places. Similar question but who do we think are the top coaches in D1 Cincinnati straight up?

I think MND, Mason, and Princeton are probably the premier places. Similar question but who do we think are the top coaches in D1 Cincinnati straight up?
It’s hard to argue MND.

Best coach. That’s an even harder question to be honest. Some coaches deal with a whole different set of problems. Makes it really hard to judge.

Top coaches in D1 are Mutula, Davis, Mosley and
Matula, Davis, Mosley. No specific order

Interesting perspective. Walnut coach wasn't terrible when they were doing all that winning. Wasn't terrible when they were sending all those kids to college, which they still do.

Interesting perspective. Walnut coach wasn't terrible when they were doing all that winning. Wasn't terrible when they were sending all those kids to college, which they still do.
Walnut had two good classes that carried them for five years. The coach had nothing to do with sending those kids to college, thank the aau coaches and trainers for that success. I would argue Click( not my favorite) gets more done with less and catches more heat on this app.

Apologize for the length, just catching up and answering much of what's in the thread.

Anyone think the personality of the players, "culture" outside of basketball (student life) might be what makes kids leave?
If coaching is/isn't great (unfortunately no parent or kid ever thinks it is) even if getting 30 minutes a game, HS kids are pretty impressionable when it comes to finding/knowing the right "fit" with other kids?

On the topic of chasing rings, what happened to Francisco at Princeton LY?
Left MND but wasn't on Princeton team at end of season. Did she graduate from Princeton or MND?

Agree with the list of 3 best coaches and jobs but I'd keep Lakota West and Fishman right up there with Top 3.
He's been by far the most pro-active with club ball, even using LW facilities to get kids from all over involved.
Times are changing from AAU to "Club" which will put MND/Fladung at the forefront moving forward.
Realize other than Davis the others have had stability/continuity which makes a tremendous difference in HS Sports.
MND, Mason are top 2 jobs, Lakota West is right there
Princeton is a great job right now because of what Davis is doing

Prediction: Sleeping Giant of a job might be Seton, if anyone notices what they are doing with other sports.
Rapid decline in enrollment and uncertainty of future of school at Mercy McCauley is turning "Saints" into the dominant West side option.

Good luck to all the local teams, stay healthy and may SW OH see as much success this season as last season!!

Have already circled MND @Mason Sat Jan 20, 2024 @1:45
Not on GMC site but shows on another website, so not 100% certain it is definite

Not necessarily because it will be the best game of the season, just do not know if they have EVER played in regular season
GMC and GGCL websites only go back to 07-08 season and they haven't met in regular season from 2007-08 until now.

Apologize for the length, just catching up and answering much of what's in the thread.

Anyone think the personality of the players, "culture" outside of basketball (student life) might be what makes kids leave?
If coaching is/isn't great (unfortunately no parent or kid ever thinks it is) even if getting 30 minutes a game, HS kids are pretty impressionable when it comes to finding/knowing the right "fit" with other kids?

Left MND but wasn't on Princeton team at end of season. Did she graduate from Princeton or MND?

Agree with the list of 3 best coaches and jobs but I'd keep Lakota West and Fishman right up there with Top 3.
He's been by far the most pro-active with club ball, even using LW facilities to get kids from all over involved.
Times are changing from AAU to "Club" which will put MND/Fladung at the forefront moving forward.
Realize other than Davis the others have had stability/continuity which makes a tremendous difference in HS Sports.

Prediction: Sleeping Giant of a job might be Seton, if anyone notices what they are doing with other sports.
Rapid decline in enrollment and uncertainty of future of school at Mercy McCauley is turning "Saints" into the dominant West side option.

Good luck to all the local teams, stay healthy and may SW OH see as much success this season as last season!!

Not on GMC site but shows on another website, so not 100% certain it is definite

Not necessarily because it will be the best game of the season, just do not know if they have EVER played in regular season
GMC and GGCL websites only go back to 07-08 season and they haven't met in regular season from 2007-08 until now.
Francisco is doing great. Enrolled in NKU. Home life wasnt the best.

Lets be honest when Carlton and Amber left, the program took a major blow. None of those kids cares for Andy. His last hope are the sophmores he has.

Princeton's hudl page shows Lamiyah Gooden on the roster. 5'11'' junior forward who averaged 18 and 11 at Western Hills last season.