US Women

I did not root against them, but I wasn't rooting for them. I really didn't care either way. I commented on another thread and it's not just women's soccer, but so many of these recent athletes want to use their "platform" to speak on societal ills, or what the perceive as societal ills. You know what, your really good at soccer. That's about it. Just be happy that you're on the world stage in your sport. You've literally hit the lottery in a sports life, and yet it just doesn't seem to be enough. And just to not pile on the women's soccer team, the WNBA does the same thing. Are you not just happy being paid to play a sport? The WNBA does not make money. Yet they want, want, want. At least the women's soccer team has built an empire. The WNBA has been supported by the NBA for years and years. Just a little bit of gratitude would be awesome.

1) Protest is supposed to be disrespectful, even if it is peaceful.

2) If you express disappointment in your child's behavior and you want them to be better because you know they are capable of it, it's not like you don't love them anymore, is it? We have to get out of this sensitivity that pointing out where the country is falling short of its ideals is somehow not patriotic. It's juvenile thinking.
It's an honor to play on a team that represents the USA. I believe you are anti American possible. You are an apologist. The learning centers have indoctrinated you. I'll take these athletes.

images.jpeg

images (1).jpeg

I did not root against them, but I wasn't rooting for them. I really didn't care either way. I commented on another thread and it's not just women's soccer, but so many of these recent athletes want to use their "platform" to speak on societal ills, or what the perceive as societal ills. You know what, your really good at soccer. That's about it. Just be happy that you're on the world stage in your sport. You've literally hit the lottery in a sports life, and yet it just doesn't seem to be enough. And just to not pile on the women's soccer team, the WNBA does the same thing. Are you not just happy being paid to play a sport? The WNBA does not make money. Yet they want, want, want. At least the women's soccer team has built an empire. The WNBA has been supported by the NBA for years and years. Just a little bit of gratitude would be awesome.
Griner learned and changed.