US Women

I usually root for them but it’s difficult with this group. Maybe Sweden will put them out of their misery.

After the Olympics, I would have thought they would have dumped all the dead weight. While they did bring up some young talent, they’re still relying too much on players like Morgan who are on the backside of their careers.

Only watched the first two pool play games, but aside from one inspired half by Lindsey Horan, they’ve looked listless. And Horan is out for the knockout round game vs Sweden, so they’re probably screwed.

After the Olympics, I would have thought they would have dumped all the dead weight. While they did bring up some young talent, they’re still relying too much on players like Morgan who are on the backside of their careers.

Only watched the first two pool play games, but aside from one inspired half by Lindsey Horan, they’ve looked listless. And Horan is out for the knockout round game vs Sweden, so they’re probably screwed.
Horan and LaVelle are both out.

I think the US scored 4 goals in 4 matches? 3 v Vietnam. Agree it didn’t break my heart that Rapinoe blew the kick. The other girl Smith? Tried to be too cute with her try. That match probably lost Fox a lot of money. Lots of soccer left to be played and the US will be home whining about abortion availability and trans rights.

Rapinoe blah blah blah national anthem blah blah blah karma blah blah blah.

Such a lame cop out. Cut the fake outrage and just admit your bastardized idea of patriotism already.

Rapinoe blah blah blah national anthem blah blah blah karma blah blah blah.

Such a lame cop out. Cut the fake outrage and just admit your bastardized idea of patriotism already.
She choked and I'm very happy. Cancer spreads and she is Cancer. Cut all the unpatriotic trash off the team. New Coach, start fresh and stay out of social issues. Worst showing by a US Woman's soccer team. Disrespectful to our Country. Good Bye

She choked and I'm very happy. Cancer spreads and she is Cancer. Cut all the unpatriotic trash off the team. New Coach, start fresh and stay out of social issues. Worst showing by a US Woman's soccer team. Disrespectful to our Country. Good Bye
1) Protest is supposed to be disrespectful, even if it is peaceful.

2) If you express disappointment in your child's behavior and you want them to be better because you know they are capable of it, it's not like you don't love them anymore, is it? We have to get out of this sensitivity that pointing out where the country is falling short of its ideals is somehow not patriotic. It's juvenile thinking.

2) If you express disappointment in your child's behavior and you want them to be better because you know they are capable of it, it's not like you don't love them anymore, is it? We have to get out of this sensitivity that pointing out where the country is falling short of its ideals is somehow not patriotic. It's juvenile thinking.
The protest is fake outrage driven by a fake narrative.

The whole ordeal is a very good example of equality of the sexes in America. It shows that women can be big jerks just as well as men.

The whole ordeal is a very good example of equality of the sexes in America. It shows that women can be big jerks just as well as men.
But apparently not as big of competitors. Rapinoe smiling and laughing just after missing in the shootout. Saw clips of interviews with players and the coach talking about how proud they were...of what the worst performance in history? Of choking on the biggest stage?

Taking money from those that you disrespectfully protest against is hypocritical.

When athletes or celebrities show disrespect for the country on the international stage, it sends a very clear message that, " My needs are greater than those of the country and, especially, the millions of citizens whom I represent and who are rooting for me; those who would sacrifice so much to be in the same position I am now." No, although they might think that it's calling attention to something that is wrong within the country, it is just sending a message of selfishness, and causes a much greater negative backlash than positive support. I'm not talking about the self-centered politicians, who would jump at anything to exploit situations like this, all the while doing everything to achieve their own selfish ends. I'm talking about the common folk, the ones who look forward to seeing representatives of their country; the little kids who look up to them, and the adults who believe that somehow, these athletes or celebrities represent them. What a betrayal they must feel. So, yes, protest is good, but work on it when you get home; use your celebrity to engage and make a difference in your community. Protesting on an international or national stage will spread controversy and call attention to the problem, but the result of the action will be more rancor and loss of support in the minds of those who once looked up to you.

The dead weight are the ones they want to market. It's not about sports anymore.