UC Bearcats

Well if over time they don’t thrive did they make the right decision? Seems they wouldn’t have.
They themselves or the conference as a whole? Regardless if they thrive or not (they will eventually), they made the correct choice getting into a conference where they're making much more than they were in the American. There is no debate if that was a smart move for the school. It obviously was.

Down the line could the conference become further distanced from the SEC and B1G than they already are? Yes, sure. The move was the right one, the obvious one regardless.

Depends on who you ask.
The accountant? Sure, it is a success.

I look at this as a Butler Basketball move.

Butler has been in the Big East for 10 seasons. 1 Sweet 16 appearance and 4 total NCAA bids and have had 5 sub .500 seasons in a row.
10 seasons prior to that they had 7 appearances, 2 title games and 2 S16 appearances.
No it doesnt depend on who you ask. Youre the only idiot on here suggesting it was a bad move. Let me ask you, during Butler's run, who was their head coach? When did he leave?

Coaches don't stick around these smaller schools even when successful. Peterson left Boise St for Washington. There's no guarantee that Butler or UC would ever have the success they saw in their two best teams had they stood pat. Strike while the iron is hot, get into a bigger, better conference, make some more money and upgrade your facilities and staff.

Absolute no Brainer for Butler. Same for UC.

UC was getting the top second tier talent and did very well with it with whom they had to compete against. Now they must go up against teams who are getting the same or better talent and not many are choosing UC over other Big12 teams.

Complete money grab and if $$ is going to be your driving factor in success in college sports then yes, it was a right move, but on the field?

No.
LOL. It's been one season. On the field results are TBD still.

It’ll be #4 and nowhere close to the SEC, ACC and Big Ten. I’m prepared for the consternation when a #19 K-State vs #20 OK State conference title game yields a Top 4 seed and first-round bye to the winner.
Nowhere close to the ACC, that's laughable. Speaking of the ACC in the same breath as the SEC and B1G is even funnier.

Nowhere close to the ACC, that's laughable. Speaking of the ACC in the same breath as the SEC and B1G is even funnier.
The Big 12 is really going to need Utah at the top of its game, Deion to stick around and build something at Colorado, and for Arizona to maybe get really hot as long as Jedd Fisch stays. I don’t really see any New Big 12 programs that rival Clemson or FSU. Miami perpetually remains a sleeping giant that could be unlocked again at any given time. Even programs like UNC and Louisville seem to currently have a leg up on just about everyone in the New Big 12 except Utah. And the ACC teams enjoy the added national visibility of playing 5 or 6 games annually against Notre Dame.

The Big 12 is really going to need Utah at the top of its game, Deion to stick around and build something at Colorado, and for Arizona to maybe get really hot as long as Jedd Fisch stays. I don’t really see any New Big 12 programs that rival Clemson or FSU. Miami perpetually remains a sleeping giant that could be unlocked again at any given time. Even programs like UNC and Louisville seem to currently have a leg up on just about everyone in the New Big 12 except Utah. And the ACC teams enjoy the added national visibility of playing 5 or 6 games annually against Notre Dame.
There is a finite amount of talent. So just how many really good teams can exist? That and coaching talent is probably even more finite.

i can see Clemson, Florida State and maybe Miami being able to become National powers again. They have been in the past. There is no one left in the Big 12 that has ever been one of the blue bloods of college football.

Wondering how many season(s) Satterfield gets after this awful season. I suspect 6-6 in 2024 buys him a third. Anything less, he has to go, or am I expecting too much?

Wondering how many season(s) Satterfield gets after this awful season. I suspect 6-6 in 2024 buys him a third. Anything less, he has to go, or am I expecting too much?
No you aren’t. I mean maybe looking at things realistically you are. But as a fan, I don’t think so. And frankly, I think it needs to be 8+ wins. Which isn’t plausible but after the dumpster fire of a year this year, I don’t really care. it’s one thing to get out-talented but a number of losses this year were solely on the coaching staff.

Utah has to be the betting favorite headed into next year, however unlike the B1G and SEC, even the ACC, the Big 12 has always had good teams outside their pillars. Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Kansas St have all had top 10 seasons while in the Big 12.

UNC and Louisville do not have a leg up on everyone else in the Big 12. Come on, what have those two schools done in the Playoff era?

The Big 12 and ACC are both a tier down from the SEC and B1G, there's no debate there. Top to bottom, the Big 12 is better than the ACC. It's a better overall conference. The ACC might have a better team or program at the top, like Florida State being better than Oklahoma State, sure. That's fair, but that doesn't make them a better conference.

i can see Clemson, Florida State and maybe Miami being able to become National powers again. They have been in the past. There is no one left in the Big 12 that has ever been one of the blue bloods of college football.
That's fair, but outside of those 3 programs you mentioned (who don't even want to be in the ACC anymore), who else has had a top 10 season?

As I mentioned above, there have been 6 other teams that have had top 10 seasons in the Big 12, even while Texas and Oklahoma were still in the conference.

It seems most of the players who have entered didn’t have a choice.
Satterfield is looking for a culture change. I've heard some things regarding the way things were under Fickell, compared to Satterfield and it’s all coming to a head here with the portal opening up. We'll see if it works out, but obviously a lot of talent up and leaving.

Satterfield is looking for a culture change. I've heard some things regarding the way things were under Fickell, compared to Satterfield and it’s all coming to a head here with the portal opening up. We'll see if it works out, but obviously a lot of talent up and leaving.
I have a hard time buying that the culture was bad under Fickell.

Frankly, a coach signaling the need for a culture change in this particular instance seems like a thinly veiled ploy to stick around a couple more years while continuing to lose.

A culture from winning to not winning?
He is succeeding.

I have a hard time buying that the culture was bad under Fickell.

Frankly, a coach signaling the need for a culture change in this particular instance seems like a thinly veiled ploy to stick around a couple more years while continuing to lose.
Dont think it means the culture was bad under Fickell, but Satterfield is a lot different than Fickell. Didn't say I agreed with it. And if he can't make a bowl next season he should be gone.