UC Bearcats

Doesn't the BIG 12 $$$ cover it all especially tv money
I'm not sure what you mean. They are playing the game in a bigger venue, closer to Neb. Given how well they travel, this makes sense from a money stand point. Ohio State has played neutral site games with in conference teams, Northwestern comes to mind.

If they hired him to beat the portal deadline then he did a poor job bringing in talent. Fickel did leave UC in a tough spot but I would have rather seen a bonafide search for a good coach and know this would be a bad year because of the portal miss, versus what we have now a long term mess even though they hit the portal target dates.

Nobody's getting fired after a year, but from the outside looking in I'd be curious to know what the buyout details are going forward.

Satterfield can't go 2-10 or 3-9 this year and follow it up with a non-bowl eligible performance in year two and survive unless he's owed the full remainder of his contract.

If they hired him to beat the portal deadline then he did a poor job bringing in talent. Fickel did leave UC in a tough spot but I would have rather seen a bonafide search for a good coach and know this would be a bad year because of the portal miss, versus what we have now a long term mess even though they hit the portal target dates.
You nailed it MoeDude!

As long as Cunningham is there, expect disappointment. I suspect after we get through the hoops season, we may get more support for him being replaced.

That entire Nebraska home game in Indy still has me confused and mad. Pope, even though I’m a Moe guy, somewhere in there is a good joke re: home games and stadium. 😉

As long as Cunningham is there, expect disappointment. I suspect after we get through the hoops season, we may get more support for him being replaced.

That entire till has me confuseNebraska home game in Indy has me confused and mad. Pope, even though I’m a Moe guy, somewhere in there is a good joke re: home games and stadium. 😉
The Nebraska game really doesn't make sense even if it is all about the money. Going to Indy possibly turns the game into a Nebraska home game because of their following.

The Nebraska game really doesn't make sense even if it is all about the money. Going to Indy possibly turns the game into a Nebraska home game because of their following.

The payday from the Nebraska game allows UC to cancel the (ridiculous) home-and-home agreements with Ohio U and WKU and replace those games with cheaper buy games.

With the Big 12 transitioning to a 9-game conference schedule next season, it only make sense to maximize the number of home games for the OOC schedule.

Satterfield clearly in over his head! Think he losing the entire locker room rather quickly. Time for Coombs to finally get his shot at UC when Satterfield Fired next yr mid season?

Yeah, really wish I had known UC was going get blown out while making a decent QB look like prime RG3 before making the 6 hour drive to Morgantown. At least the fans were surprisingly nice and the drinks were incredibly cheap.

The mass exodus from Clifton is underway. Once the season mercifully ends, these players are going to scatter to other schools so fast that you’ll think the “C” in UC stands for Chernobyl.

It's to be expected. There was enough talent present to win a respectable 6 games this season, but the intangibles clearly were not in order to make that possible.

The coaching staff will have their hands full this offseason - that's for sure.

It's to be expected. There was enough talent present to win a respectable 6 games this season, but the intangibles clearly were not in order to make that possible.

The coaching staff will have their hands full this offseason - that's for sure.
Need new coaching staff.😩

IMG_1560.jpeg

Malik Vann posted that he’s going to the NFL.

It’ll be interested to see how many more fleeing Bearcats hit the portal.

View attachment 50475

Malik Vann posted that he’s going to the NFL.

It’ll be interested to see how many more fleeing Bearcats hit the portal.
Pretty sure Vann is out of eligibility, he's been around at least 6 years.

They're also losing Briggs and Pace on defense to graduation.

Of the list above, Montgomery is the biggest loss IMO, but he also wasn't likely to beat out Kiner for RB1 so I get it.

Bad move.going to a big boy league.

Better to be a big fish than to be cannon fodder...
Yep, should have stayed in the small pond making 1/4 the money they'll make in the Big 12. Was always going to be an adjustment year, even if Fickell had stuck around, I think doing what UCF did was about as good a UC was going to do this year. With Texas and Oklahoma moving out, plus the Pac 12 additions, the Big 12 is going to be wide open each and every year - much like it has been the past 3-4 years.

Yep, should have stayed in the small pond making 1/4 the money they'll make in the Big 12. Was always going to be an adjustment year, even if Fickell had stuck around, I think doing what UCF did was about as good a UC was going to do this year. With Texas and Oklahoma moving out, plus the Pac 12 additions, the Big 12 is going to be wide open each and every year - much like it has been the past 3-4 years.
Make money and finish in the basement, yea that's gonna be a blast to follow for their fan base.

Make money and finish in the basement, yea that's gonna be a blast to follow for their fan base.
Yep total panic in Bearcat circles that UC is going to be the perennial cellar dweller of the Big 12. Since they've decided to invest in their football program, they won in every conference they've been in, CUSA, Big East, American. They're located in one of the best metro areas for HS talent in the country, and in a football crazed state overall.

Even the results this year weren't necessarily because of a wide talent disparity against most of the conference. They were in a lot of games even with poor QB play, terrible red zone efficiency and a defense that couldn't force any turnovers.

Well if over time they don’t thrive did they make the right decision? Seems they wouldn’t have.
Depends on who you ask.
The accountant? Sure, it is a success.

I look at this as a Butler Basketball move.

Butler has been in the Big East for 10 seasons. 1 Sweet 16 appearance and 4 total NCAA bids and have had 5 sub .500 seasons in a row.
10 seasons prior to that they had 7 appearances, 2 title games and 2 S16 appearances.

UC was getting the top second tier talent and did very well with it with whom they had to compete against. Now they must go up against teams who are getting the same or better talent and not many are choosing UC over other Big12 teams.

Complete money grab and if $$ is going to be your driving factor in success in college sports then yes, it was a right move, but on the field?

No.

How is this a discussion? Moving up is easily the correct move, even if the team struggles at first. Btw, the team struggled like it did mostly because Satterfield sucks, not because they don’t have/can’t get the talent to beat many of these middling Big 12 teams.

Do you think Utah and TCU regret joining power leagues? No.

Remember 12 to 17 years ago when Boise State was all the rage? Well, don’t you think they would’ve liked to have been given a Pac 12 invite? Sooner or later small-conference teams get dragged down by their poor competition if they can’t use their successful period to vault to a better situation. As we’ve seen, Boise State was eventually busted back down to complete irrelevance.

Really the only instance where I could argue someone should move “down” is Syracuse because they’re a basketball school and they belong at home in the Big East, not playing a bunch of teams in the mid-Atlantic, Bible Belt and Southeast just to whore themselves out for football money. And in basketball, going home to the Big East would not be a move down at all.