Trump Veepstakes

Cubsandtigers

Who should be Trump’s VP pick this go around? I think losing Pence is a bigger deal for Trumps electability than some realize.

I had been hearing a lot about Katie Britt recently for a possible pick. I’d imagine her flameout Thursday probably ended that for this cycle.

Vance? Vivik? Noem?

Who knows at this point. It could be one of the talked about people or someone completely unknown. Noem, Vance or Scott would be good picks. Stefanek?

Who knows at this point. It could be one of the talked about people or someone completely unknown. Noem, Vance or Scott would be good picks. Stefanek?

A VP pick needs to bring something to the table that doesn’t already exist. Trumps trouble area’s are women voters and rino’s. His best choice would probably be Nikki Haley because she could shore up both of those for him. That’s likely not going to happen.

So who can help him with those groups? A wild card to me is Marco Rubio.

Who secures a close battleground state?

Who swings a state that voted for FJB in 2020?

Thought of both these and drew blanks.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp could help Trump in Georgia but that won’t happen. Could easily fit into that Pence mold of calm and competent. Kemp just crossed Trump and there’s no way back from that.

There’s really no one in the Arizona, Wisky, Michigan, PA and Georgia that’s up to the job.

A VP pick needs to bring something to the table that doesn’t already exist. Trumps trouble area’s are women voters and rino’s. His best choice would probably be Nikki Haley because she could shore up both of those for him. That’s likely not going to happen.

Do you think most of the Haley backers who said they would never vote for Trump would vote for him if Haley was the Veep pick?

If so, that might be the biggest vote-getting possibility.

Do you think most of the Haley backers who said they would never vote for Trump would vote for him if Haley was the Veep pick?

If so, that might be the biggest vote-getting possibility.

It would help with many of them and go some distance with moderate voters. I don’t believe Trump wins in 2016 without Mike Pence to reassure evangelical voters. So yeah I think she’d help quite a bit.

It would help with many of them and go some distance with moderate voters. I don’t believe Trump wins in 2016 without Mike Pence to reassure evangelical voters. So yeah I think she’d help quite a bit.
I think from the standpoint of swinging the most votes his way, there's no better choice.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp could help Trump in Georgia but that won’t happen. Could easily fit into that Pence mold of calm and competent. Kemp just crossed Trump and there’s no way back from that.

There’s really no one in the Arizona, Wisky, Michigan, PA and Georgia that’s up to the job.
FJB's win proves that even the president doesn't have to be up to the job.

The objective is electoral votes.

I thought of her, but what state does Haley help Trump win?

The objective is electoral votes, not popular votes.

Last edited:
I think from the standpoint of swinging the most votes his way, there's no better choice.
I'm not arguing against Haley. I think she could help unify the Republican vote, and getting out all Republicans to vote for Trump is huuuge.

I thought of her, but what state does Haley help Trump win?

The objective is electoral votes, not popular votes.

Georgia- Trump lost most of his ground here in the Atlanta and Savannah burbs. He bled out middle to upper middle voters in these areas. These are the group of voters that make up Haley’s core base of support.

Michigan, PA, Wisky and Arizona are the same story. Trump got killed by suburb voters who revolted against him.

Of all the possibilities, Haley is the worst choice.
Trump isn’t picking a RINO. He’s said several times the VP is someone who can step in and be POTUS immediately if need be.

That list is likely a Governor. Look at Noem, DeSantis, or Kim Reynolds for the top 3.

It will be a cold day in hades begore Kemp or Haley join trump. Their careers would be forever ruined, and they know that. People do not vote for VP, but for the top of the tix. or in this case against alzheimer joe or dementia donny.

The ideal pick is reliably America First, and can step capably and productively into the Presidency for 8 more years, beyond current electoral benefit. I am not sure that person has stepped forward or risen above the pack.

The ideal pick is reliably America First, and can step capably and productively into the Presidency for 8 more years, beyond current electoral benefit. I am not sure that person has stepped forward or risen above the pack.

What does a MAGA selection do to broaden the ticket? MAGA couldn’t get him to the finish line in twenty twenty what’s changed?

What does a MAGA selection do to broaden the ticket?
I want a demographic winner that keeps the same relative set of policies in place, to take advantage of the fact that Democrats have shat all over our shoes for the past three years. Broadening the ticket for a sure win and getting us eight years of Haley doesn’t interest me at all. I’ve seen enough of her, even if she brings the victory. We need more than a four year swing, and swinging to the mono-party is no good.

MAGA couldn’t get him to the finish line in twenty twenty what’s changed?
Voter rolls have been purged in some of the key counties via lawsuit, some rules have been changed back to the more scrupulous and stringent requirements pre-Covid, and the Democrats have shat all over our shoes for the past three years. War economy border.

Last edited:
Reactions: y2h
Trump is going to carry the trailer parks. He needs someone that is a fit in the burbs. Suspect it will be a woman, not bright so she will do his bidding and one who satisfies the misogynists.

Byron Donalds. If the polls indicating hugely increasing black voter support are anywhere near accurate, or even partly accurate, he's a slam dunk. Freedom caucus member, anti-war streak, inflation hawk. Problem is Trump would probably see him as a threat to his own popularity. No one really thinks that of Kristi Noem or Ron DeSantis and definitely not Nikki Haley.

Trump is going to carry the trailer parks. He needs someone that is a fit in the burbs. Suspect it will be a woman, not bright so she will do his bidding and one who satisfies the misogynists.
That means Jennifer Coolidge. And she's supposedly related to Silent Cal. We have a winner!

Byron Donalds. If the polls indicating hugely increasing black voter support are anywhere near accurate, or even partly accurate, he's a slam dunk. Freedom caucus member, anti-war streak, inflation hawk. Problem is Trump would probably see him as a threat to his own popularity. No one really thinks that of Kristi Noem or Ron DeSantis and definitely not Nikki Haley.

Does he do anything to help with women or moderate voters. Typically freedom caucus members have little appeal to them.