Supreme Court News

There’s no lean to Clarence Thomas. He’s one of the most conservative justices to ever sit on the court.

Simple term limits would be far more effective than a bench seat increase. No one should sit on the court for twenty plus years.
Or the house and senate

There’s no lean to Clarence Thomas. He’s one of the most conservative justices to ever sit on the court.
Truth. A strict constructionist faithful to the text in its historical context.

A refusal to accept absurd stretches in application and interpretation by those wishing to accomplish judicial activism is not a political leaning. It is integrity
Simple term limits would be far more effective than a bench seat increase. No one should sit on the court for twenty plus years.
Cognitive testing at 80 would be preferable to me, over term limits.

Cognitive testing at 80 would be preferable to me, over term limits.
We had to put our mom in a long-term care facility about a year ago and they performed a cognitive test on her...all softball questions, but she failed. One question was, "Who is our current President?" She answered, "Putin!" How would Joe Biden answer that very question? "Obama!"

We had to put our mom in a long-term care facility about a year ago and they performed a cognitive test on her...all softball questions, but she failed. One question was, "Who is our current President?" She answered, "Putin!" How would Joe Biden answer that very question? "Obama!"
Trump already failed that question. He thinks Biden is President.

I was shocked when my dad could not render a 3D cube or randomly hit the points of the clock on a blank circle. Don’t sleep on the omega 3s.

I was shocked when my dad could not render a 3D cube or randomly hit the points of the clock on a blank circle. Don’t sleep on the omega 3s.
I am 73. Ten years ago I survived a dissected ascending aorta aneurysm that ruptured on the operating table. Long story short, 24 hours on the heart lung bypass left me with "pump head" syndrome. It took me six months to overcome cognitive deficiencies, some of which return from time to time. Cognitive decline is scary and not to be made fun of. That is while I try to refrain from criticisms of Biden's cognition. I have been there and still have glimpses of the horror of mental decline.

I am 73. Ten years ago I survived a dissected ascending aorta aneurysm that ruptured on the operating table. Long story short, 24 hours on the heart lung bypass left me with "pump head" syndrome. It took me six months to overcome cognitive deficiencies, some of which return from time to time. Cognitive decline is scary and not to be made fun of. That is while I try to refrain from criticisms of Biden's cognition. I have been there and still have glimpses of the horror of mental decline.
Sometimes a little humor helps us deal with a difficult situation, but I get your point. Watching my sharp-witted mom's rapid cognitive decline was startling to all of us children.

I have to put some "blame" (although I hate the word "blame") on Jill Biden. She was fully aware of Joe's cognitive decline and still let him run for POTUS, the most demanding job in the world. He often looks and acts foolish and lost. The world and our enemies are watching. Shame on her.

Sometimes a little humor helps us deal with a difficult situation, but I get your point. Watching my sharp-witted mom's rapid cognitive decline was startling to all of us children.

I have to put some "blame" (although I hate the word "blame") on Jill Biden. She was fully aware of Joe's cognitive decline and still let him run for POTUS, the most demanding job in the world. He often looks and acts foolish and lost. The world and our enemies are watching. Shame on her.
a. Being First Lady was important to her.

b. Senator and VP Joe Biden would have been one of the many American politicians to have been forgotten on the ash heap of history, but now he will forever be No. 46. Holding the same office as Martin Van Buren, Chester Arthur, & Millard Fillmore.

Shame indeed. She's facilitating abuse of the elderly. The first time was bad enough. There's no excusing the second time.

If you loved your spouse, would you really allow them to be humiliated like this? What a disgusting spectacle.

Agree with you on this Blackhawk.

I was fortunate to have a strong network of family and co-workers to not only see me through my crisis but provide guard rails to protect and help me through my cognitive issues. It is scary when you start to say or do something and have your mind's clutch slip.

Shame indeed. She's facilitating abuse of the elderly. The first time was bad enough. There's no excusing the second time.

If you loved your spouse, would you really allow them to be humiliated like this? What a disgusting spectacle.
I hear they have to put Joe in a cage every night so he won’t hurt himself.

a. Being First Lady was important to her.

b. Senator and VP Joe Biden would have been one of the many American politicians to have been forgotten on the ash heap of history, but now he will forever be No. 46. Holding the same office as Martin Van Buren, Chester Arthur, & Millard Fillmore.
It's all about the laptop.

Had Hunter picked it up at that shop as contracted and on time, FJB would not have run.

The legal issue at stake is the power of Federal agencies to regulate in absence of specific wording in enabling legislation.

The "Chevron Deference":

This tenet provides that when a federal statute is silent or ambiguous about a particular regulatory issue, courts defer to the implementing agency’s reasonable interpretation of the law.

Will the court reverse this philosophy and stick to actual wording of law and the Constitution? Will this be the most effective way to reduce the power of the administrative (deep) state?

The legal issue at stake is the power of Federal agencies to regulate in absence of specific wording in enabling legislation.

The "Chevron Deference":

This tenet provides that when a federal statute is silent or ambiguous about a particular regulatory issue, courts defer to the implementing agency’s reasonable interpretation of the law.

Will the court reverse this philosophy and stick to actual wording of law and the Constitution? Will this be the most effective way to reduce the power of the administrative (deep) state?
This is HUGE. Maybe.....

DC Federal gubmint has devolved into an insanity loop. Beginning with second term Obama, it's gotten far worse.

Now, Demarxist PsOTUS issue EO/EM because no legislators would be reelected if Democrats legislated their will. The federal agencies are completely captured by the Democrat party (with the neocons still in the defense and international sectors). Unelected DC bureaucrats then take up the Democrat agenda and are rewarded with increased wages and benefits. They then pizs off the people and a 'Pub is elected POTUS.

When a 'Pub is POTUS, he reverses Demarxist overreach with the same methods used to accomplish that overreach - EO/EM. Then the Democrats and their media partners scream "Dictator!!!", and their idiot "echoes" and social media algorithms take over.

This could be huge. ESG will NEVER be fully accomplished by legislation unless Dominion Elections and mail ballots take over Congress completely in 2024 if this is what I think it is.

My beloved Mom pass away at 96 and her whole live was an avid reader right up to the end. The sad thing was at the end she was reading the same book each and everyday started each and every day on page one and after she read a page, paragraph or sentence she could not remember what she just read. The day that upset me the most is the day she could not remember who I was.

This is HUGE. Maybe.....

DC Federal gubmint has devolved into an insanity loop. Beginning with second term Obama, it's gotten far worse.

Now, Demarxist PsOTUS issue EO/EM because no legislators would be reelected if Democrats legislated their will. The federal agencies are completely captured by the Democrat party (with the neocons still in the defense and international sectors). Unelected DC bureaucrats then take up the Democrat agenda and are rewarded with increased wages and benefits. They then pizs off the people and a 'Pub is elected POTUS.

When a 'Pub is POTUS, he reverses Demarxist overreach with the same methods used to accomplish that overreach - EO/EM. Then the Democrats and their media partners scream "Dictator!!!", and their idiot "echoes" and Of algorithms take over.

This could be huge. ESG will NEVER be fully accomplished by legislation unless Dominion Elections and mail ballots take over Congress completely in 2024 if this is what I think it is.
May be huge , but Congress already has the authority to invalidate regulation through the Congressional Review Act. The question now, will the USSC make Congress live up to their Constitutionally defined responsibility instead of passing laws that are merely suggestions, purposefully allowing agencies to promulgate regs to implement. The baseline decision should be are administrative agencies even allowed unless specifically authorized by the Constitution. Of course now I must be off to my flat earth society meeting.

Happy, let me tell you what you should be happy about and why.

What you should be happy about is the Supreme Court. That court has 2 solid originalist textualists on it and 3 more who are about 90% reliable. There is also 1 institutionalist and 3 100% reliable living document liberals.

Your side controls the Whitehouse, the senate, the media, social media, academia, and entertainment. Since the Left has captured the Dem agenda, the media doesn't practice journalism anymore, and social media is acting as the censors and information gatekeepers, academia will keep cranking out zillions of little leftist activists, and the entertainment czars will continue to transgress everything decent in the culture, you have a massive advantage in terms of setting and achieving an agenda.

The problem, of course, is that leftists are mentally unstable and their ideas don't work. You need an adult institution to be your "good-idea-fairy-buster". This saves your side a lot of embarrassment and political disasters. If you got everything you want, eventually the crazy would spill over to the degree that even the stupid would see it. As it is, you can say "we tried" and go at it in a more moderate way, and hide your crazy - or at least maintain a fig leaf of plausible deniability.

So, get down on your knees and thank your non-deity that there is some entity that occasionally tells you, "No. You can't do that in that way. Lol."
And at least one who can be bought.