South Dakota Gov Brags About Killing Animals, Loses Chances at VP

Have you guys ever seen a Neopolitan Mastiff?

My sister and BIL in Phoenix had them as guard dogs. My goodness. Massive dogs and when they bark, it sounds like a lion roaring.

Went out for a visit, got to their house and at the door my BIL said, "What do you want to do?" I said, "I want to make friends with the dog." LOL. He introduced me and it was fine after that, but God help anyone else.

Once that dog decided I was OK, I found out that he had a habit of jumping into the easy chair with you. Imagine a 250 pound dog leaping and landing on you.

Downside is they are expensive, have a lifespan of about 6 years, eat a ton, and they slobber all over everything. Not a good house pet, but if you want to scare away thieves, this is your dog.
We had South African Mastiffs, Boerboel is the other name for them. We got the first one because we lived back a pretty long lane, fearless guard dogs. They slobbered, but not as bad is other Mastiffs, and the females we had were "only" 130 lbs. Insane how big their heads and mouths were. As pups, we would take them outside, and give the command "do your business". They were so obedient, that they would go on command. One of them that we put down for being dog aggressive, I took to a trainer. When we arrived, the trainer saw us and told me to keep her outside so she could do to the bathroom. I told him she didn't need to go. He gave me a look like, "dude, trust me, I'm the expert here, she needs to go" I just shrugged and walked her around the place, she of course sniffed around and smelled other dogs, but she wouldn't go, because I hadn't told her to go. The guy was watching us from inside, finally, a bit exasperated, he opened the door and told us to come in. We never had to worry about the dog taking a crap on a walk, because before the walk, we would tell them to go in our yard.

Intimidated ? By you and your well raised internet stranger friends ? Laughing out loud at the “. We” are just tough and humble because that’s how we were raised . That whole jargon about that’s not the way I was raised and I was raised to be tough bull crap has always been an eye roller for me . This post was surreal . We intimidate weakly raised people nonsense . Hammer. Tough as nails being drilled into a wall . Hammer tough . Yeah you aren’t thinking about pretending to be tough. 😂
It's an eye roller because you are made uncomfortable about things you have never done apparently. You constantly scoffing at us is hilarious. Did you at least play football in highschool? Given you write incessantly about it.

No schtick. It's your reality and Truth. I mean there are others out here that were getting internet forum dependent every day most of the day that are now full blown, addicted all day every day here posting on most every thread railing and angry and it seems like it's never ending. Trolls escalating their behaviors to being obsessed with a few posters and even opening other accounts to further their need. It's all here. I mean there are times when you look at a page and see that your name is the last reply on say 10 of the last 12 threads. 8 in a row. You are everywhere, , all day , most every day if not every single day. Is this not true? You took a sabbatical why? Because you sensed it wasn't healthy for you to be here all the time on most threads most days. Now it's ok and healthy and you're just having some fun and talking about things that intertest you ? k . Your response ? Will be a string of insults and weird musings.
Pot meet kettle. Harry bashes a certain high school punter. Wonder how the parents felt.
Post in thread 'Dublin Coffman 2023' https://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/dublin-coffman-2023.363494/post-9064627

No schtick. It's your reality and Truth. I mean there are others out here that were getting internet forum dependent every day most of the day that are now full blown, addicted all day every day here posting on most every thread railing and angry and it seems like it's never ending. Trolls escalating their behaviors to being obsessed with a few posters and even opening other accounts to further their need. It's all here. I mean there are times when you look at a page and see that your name is the last reply on say 10 of the last 12 threads. 8 in a row. You are everywhere, , all day , most every day if not every single day. Is this not true? You took a sabbatical why? Because you sensed it wasn't healthy for you to be here all the time on most threads most days. Now it's ok and healthy and you're just having some fun and talking about things that intertest you ? k . Your response ? Will be a string of insults and weird musings.
Good lord, you’re a mess. Weird musings of weird musings

I happen to be flipping through channels and got to hear former US rep Trey Gowdy say if there was such a thing as reincarnation he does not want to come back as his wife's husband but as her pet dog. Implying that she must love and treat the dog better then she does a husband. Thought this fit right in showing that there are many many people that treat pets better than humans. We had the sweetest most loving female beagle that ever lived. Saddly she had to be put down many years ago. Now if you come to our house come into the family room and on the wall is a large beautiful painting of Sara Casey Bo ( the dog) not a photo but a real painting in a beautiful frame. Now wander through the house and see if there is paintings of anyone one else. Does that show the statis that dog held in our home.

I happen to be flipping through channels and got to hear former US rep Trey Gowdy say if there was such a thing as reincarnation he does not want to come back as his wife's husband but as her pet dog. Implying that she must love and treat the dog better then she does a husband. Thought this fit right in showing that there are many many people that treat pets better than humans. We had the sweetest most loving female beagle that ever lived. Saddly she had to be put down many years ago. Now if you come to our house come into the family room and on the wall is a large beautiful painting of Sara Casey Bo ( the dog) not a photo but a real painting in a beautiful frame. Now wander through the house and see if there is paintings of anyone one else. Does that show the statis that dog held in our home.

Exactly. This is why it was absolutely stupid to relay the dog story in her autobiography.

Look I'm not nearly as tough as you rural small town flannel shirt wearing tough guys. lol nothing says a guy is tough better than calling himself a sharp knife that cuts people's heads off or uses the rough tumble words like a drill and a hammer lmao . Or a guy who readily pins other 120 pounders[ IN HS , now this ugly arse specimen is say 183 pounds of dough} lmao
Harry- why do you need to stereotype people? The Democratic party is welcoming to all DEI was created for a reason, do rural people deserve to be ostracized and called hicks? What is it about rural people that bothers you so much? A large part of the Coffman community out in Jerome township Hyland Croy road and further were extremely rural 25+ years ago. For that matter Harry the USA was built by settlers who were people just like the ones you make fun of on this thread. You should try to be more accepting of others.

Exactly. This is why it was absolutely stupid to relay the dog story in her autobiography.
Might not have be the wisest story to put in a book if you are a politician. But did you miss the point of what I was trying to say about how ridiculous we can be including my wife when it comes to our pets?

My dad passed many years ago at age 84, but let me tell you mister foul mouth you would never had said that to his face when he was the age he was when he helped the widow lady out.
He said it to your face.

Lol. It takes a real alpha to force a stray cat into a burlap sack w/a brick and toss it in the river. 👍
Well, their alpha standard is this guy.

Cry Crying GIF by GIPHY News

So let me get this straight. You repost almost verbatim what I've said on the subject, AND take a swipe at me???

Didn't expect that from you.
You drowned cats. What would make you think even ICV would find that acceptable? Sickos need to be called out from all points.

Wife bought a cat when we first got married. I don’t like cats, but whatever. I took care of it for 10’years, did the litter box and all. It was an inside cat so it was declawed. It started throwing up for no reason. Vet said she had some stomach issues, the bill wasn’t worth the hassle. I took her (name was Irish) to the woods about 3 miles away and dropped her off. I don’t feel bad about. I don’t brag about it though either.
Why didn't you put it in a sack with a rock and throw it is a pond?

I could have but I just didn't care. If it was to happen again with a cat of mine I probably would take it to the vet, but I have zero emotion with what I did.

Might not have be the wisest story to put in a book if you are a politician. But did you miss the point of what I was trying to say about how ridiculous we can be including my wife when it comes to our pets?

Ridiculous to you and to a large degree me but I also realize and have seen horse owners who would rather provide something for their horses instead of pursuing costly cancer treatments for themselves. Ridiculous, absolutely but animal lovers think differently and there are quite a few of them. Regarding your wife - maybe the dog is nicer to her than you?

I 100% understood & agreed with the posters story about a family dog who attacked their infant - the dog needed to be put down. The poster who dumped their declawed cat off in the woods because it piked a couple of times in his house - my opinion is that guy did a cowardly thing.

To each their own I guess.

You drowned cats. What would make you think even ICV would find that acceptable? Sickos need to be called out from all points.

I also said I regretted it, dullard.

As a method of 100% legal harvest, I've also drowned muskrat, mink, beaver, and raccoons. Are you upset the state of Ohio facilities us "sickos?"

You try hard, but the truth of the matter is you couldn't pack my lunch. I own you.

lmao

As a method of 100% legal harvest, I've also drowned muskrat, mink, beaver, and raccoons. Are you upset the state of Ohio facilities us "sickos?"

You try hard, but the truth of the matter is you couldn't pack my lunch. I own you.

lmao
I could care less that you felt bad. People that do dumb and cruel things often feel bad. It does not change anything.

lmao
The only people out here who readily use phrases like “. I own you “. Are first off it’s rarely true or measurable but most importantly are people with little power or control in their own life so they have to act as if they have it here over other people who are strangers . Owning people 😂. They just say it and they believe it and it might make themselves feel better for a moment until reality sets in the next morning looking in the mirror . The sharp blade that cuts peoples head off moniker is also a way to feel power and control . Sad

The only people out here who readily use phrases like “. I own you “.
Is this a question or a statement? It's unclear because of poor punctuation or fat fingers.
Are first off it’s rarely true or measurable but most importantly are people with little power or control in their own life so they have to act as if they have it here over other people who are strangers . Owning people 😂. They just say it and they believe it and it might make themselves feel better for a moment until reality sets in the next morning looking in the mirror . The sharp blade that cuts peoples head off moniker is also a way to feel power and control . Sad
Brendan Frasier GIF by Cappa Video Productions

Ridiculous to you and to a large degree me but I also realize and have seen horse owners who would rather provide something for their horses instead of pursuing costly cancer treatments for themselves. Ridiculous, absolutely but animal lovers think differently and there are quite a few of them. Regarding your wife - maybe the dog is nicer to her than you?

I 100% understood & agreed with the posters story about a family dog who attacked their infant - the dog needed to be put down. The poster who dumped their declawed cat off in the woods because it piked a couple of times in his house - my opinion is that guy did a cowardly thing.

To each their own I guess.
No one has asked how the person whose chickens were killed felt. Those chickens could have meant and been something very special to the owner. Yet all I hear is train retrain whatever. Is training going to bring the chickens back. Is training a sure thing it will not happen again?

No one has asked how the person whose chickens were killed felt. Those chickens could have meant and been something very special to the owner. Yet all I hear is train retrain whatever. Is training going to bring the chickens back. Is training a sure thing it will not happen again?

I've had chickens for over a decade. Had my daughter's favorite one, a white ameraucana named "Bob," killed my a neighbor's dog back in March. It sucked for my daughter but at no point in time did killing the dog cross anyone's mind. I caught the dog (a 1 year old cocker spaniel), called the name on the tag and waited for the husband to come get him. He apologized profusely, we agreed it wasn't intentional and I just asked if the dog gets out again to check my yard first because old Copper would probably be back if given the opportunity.
Dogs > Chickens