Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

great thread.

MAC powers vs larger schools in the Dayton area (GWOC and MVL)
- Marion Local vs Centerville
- Coldwater vs Northmont
- Versailles vs Troy
- Minster vs Tipp City

- Clinton Massie vs Fairmont (game over by 8:30?)
- Bellefontaine (with Tavien St Clair) vs GWOC teams

Greenon vs:
- Shawnee (should be played when competitive)
- Tecumseh
- Kenton Ridge
- Paint Valley (most scenic stadium)
- Fairborn (border battle)

some old Kenton Trace Conference matchups
- Greeneview vs Blanchester
- Greeneview vs Clinton Massie
- Madison Plains vs Blanchester
- Cedarville vs Waynesville
- Madison Plains vs East Clinton

some other western Ohio border matchups that rarely happen
- Eaton vs Preble Shawnee
- Ansonia vs Versailles
- Trotwood vs Northmont
- Xenia vs Bellbrook
- Greeneview vs Miami Trace
- West Jefferson vs London/Jonathan Alder
- Greeneview vs East Clinton
- Xenia vs Wilmington
- Fort Loramie vs Anna
- Mechanicsburg vs Jonathan Alder
Really would love WJ/London/JA to play yearly.

How about a Federal League- Suburban League (National Division) Challenge? Based on the 2023 standings from both leagues, these would be the matchups:

McKinley vs Wadsworth
Lake vs Hudson
GlenOak vs Nordonia
Green vs Twinsburg
Hoover vs Brecksville
Jackson vs Stow- Munroe Falls
Perry vs North Royalton

Each year during Week 3, the defending FED champion would play the defending SLN champion, the second place FED team would play the second place SLN team and so on. One year FED could host the games between the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th place teams, while the SLN would host the 2nd, 4th and 6th place teams. Then this would be reversed the next season.

Or we could do a PAC-WCAL Challenge

Canton South vs Dalton
CVCA vs Norwayne
Triway vs Hillsdale
Northwest vs Rittman
Orrville vs Smithville
Fairless vs Waynedale
Manchester vs Northwestern
Tuslaw vs Chippewa
Great idea.

You realize that Wapakoneta was one of the top D3 programs this year and last and Marion Local beat them both times being D7
I do realize that….one time 1 year….the comparison was to one of the top 2 or 3 programs, back to back state champ, in the state (Chardon). Nobody is ever gonna confuse Wapa with Chardon

Worm's "Ohio vs. The World Classic"

Mater Dei (CA) @ Archbishop Hoban
Kahuku (HI) @ Archbishop Moeller
Permian (TX) @ Avon
Miami Northwestern (FL) @ Canton McKinley
IMG Academy (FL) @ Cincinnati Elder
Ben Davis (IN) @ Cincinnati St. Xavier
Bishop Gorman (NV) @ Massillon
Cleveland Glenville @ St. Joseph's Prep (PA)
St. Thomas Aquinas (FL) @ Toledo Central Catholic
St. John Bosco (CA) @ Lakewood St. Edward

NOTE- IMG's Associate Athletic Director grew up with me in Warren (he's 3 years older than me), which is why they actively pursue games vs. Ohio opponents. He actually tried to set up a game vs. Harding in 2021, which is the one that Bishop Sycamore ended up taking.

Last edited:
A series of games between the Toledo City League, the Akron City Series, the Cleveland Senate League, and the Columbus City League.

Many of the schools struggle mightily in football. Many of their good football players will make their way over to other programs.

Toledo Woodward has lost 32 straight games
Toledo Rogers
Toledo Scott
Toledo Start
Toledo Waite only 2 wins this season were against other City League teams
Toledo Bowsher only 2 wins this season were against other City League teams
Cleveland Lincoln West
Cleveland John Marshall
Cleveland East Technical
Cleveland John Adams
Cleveland Rhodes
Cleveland Collinwood
Cleveland John Hay
Cleveland John K Kennedy
Akron Firestone
Akron Ellet
Akron Buchtel
Akron Garfield
Akron East
Akron North
Columbus Miflin
Columbus West
Columbus Centennial
Columbus East

... but ultimately, size, strength, speed wins every time.
All very important factors, but you're missing the fourth, most important, factor: smarts. Clearly you've never played a Canadian team, where the size, strength and speed of the young men are equivalent to college freshman, but their skills and football smarts are the equivalent of junior high players.

A series of games between the Toledo City League, the Akron City Series, the Cleveland Senate League, and the Columbus City League.

Many of the schools struggle mightily in football. Many of their good football players will make their way over to other programs.

Toledo Woodward has lost 32 straight games
Toledo Rogers
Toledo Scott
Toledo Start
Toledo Waite only 2 wins this season were against other City League teams
Toledo Bowsher only 2 wins this season were against other City League teams
Cleveland Lincoln West
Cleveland John Marshall
Cleveland East Technical
Cleveland John Adams
Cleveland Rhodes
Cleveland Collinwood
Cleveland John Hay
Cleveland John K Kennedy
Akron Firestone
Akron Ellet
Akron Buchtel
Akron Garfield
Akron East
Akron North
Columbus Miflin
Columbus West
Columbus Centennial
Columbus East
In Buchtel and Garfield's defense, they have rich histories

Ive always wanted that game. It would put two blue bloods and from what I hear ironton’s Tanks Stadium is a fabulous venue.
It is an awesome venue to catch a game my favorite that I’ve been to and I’d say the best in SEO. They did just do independent in football so hopefully these two could work something out

In Buchtel and Garfield's defense, they have rich histories
I'm sure they do. A lot of the Toledo's City League teams used to be really solid. My senior year, TCC lost to Toledo Start, Toledo Waite and Toledo Bowsher. We lost to Toledo Woodward my sophomore or junior year. Toledo DeVillbiss, which closed in 1991 was regularly a football power. Unfortunately as Ohio has bled population, people have moved to the suburbs, and football numbers have declined, many of the urban public schools have really struggled. Most of them are D1-D3 but they regularly play and get crushed by D4-D7 teams in out of conference games. I just feel it would be good for the kids involved to play other programs that are similar.

How about a Federal League- Suburban League (National Division) Challenge? Based on the 2023 standings from both leagues, these would be the matchups:

McKinley vs Wadsworth
Lake vs Hudson
GlenOak vs Nordonia
Green vs Twinsburg
Hoover vs Brecksville
Jackson vs Stow- Munroe Falls
Perry vs North Royalton

Each year during Week 3, the defending FED champion would play the defending SLN champion, the second place FED team would play the second place SLN team and so on. One year FED could host the games between the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th place teams, while the SLN would host the 2nd, 4th and 6th place teams. Then this would be reversed the next season.

Or we could do a PAC-WCAL Challenge

Canton South vs Dalton
CVCA vs Norwayne
Triway vs Hillsdale
Northwest vs Rittman
Orrville vs Smithville
Fairless vs Waynedale
Manchester vs Northwestern
Tuslaw vs Chippewa
I like both of these ideas. 👏🏻

I'd also like to see Canton Central Catholic become a member of the PAC and have the old NBC members give kisses, hugs and regroup.

Buchtel vs any Summit county(non-Akron) Public school, I think over the last 20 years only Woodridge has agreed to play them.

I say it every year. St. Ed's vs. St. Joe's Prep from PA. They both win state titles regularly. They both get national recognition every year. It would be a great home and home.

Toledo Central Catholic vs:

1. Cincinnati Moeller
  2. Cincinnati St. Xavier
  3. Cincinnati Elder
  4. Cincinnati LaSalle
  5. Akron Hoban
  6. Lakewood St. Ed's (they played a home and home series recently)
  7. Cleveland St. Ignatius (has a current home and home series)
  8. Any of the top OCC programs
  9. Belleville (D1 power in MI)
  10. IMG
To me thst is a crazy ambitious schedule. One thing to take on 3-4 perennial powers, but every week? In my mind that schedule is simply too much. Especially for a D3 school.

First of all….you’re 100% certain of nothing in this scenario….much like me…..cant predict what hasnt and probably never will happen. Dont talk to me about “the almost, what ifs, controlled etc….” All garbage. When you line up the 22 vs 22, game planning helps but ultimately, size, strength, speed wins every time. Divisions matter. Alot
it's 11 vs 11 not the entire Chardon school vs Kirtland and you forgot one main ingredient coaching.

it's 11 vs 11 not the entire Chardon school vs Kirtland and you forgot one main ingredient coaching.
of course it’s 11 on 11 dbag…..so you’re saying you’ll take the Kirtland coach who got completely out coached in his last 2 state title games in D6 vs Hewitt? I’ll take the d3 coach all day long…..just an opinion of course

All very important factors, but you're missing the fourth, most important, factor: smarts. Clearly you've never played a Canadian team, where the size, strength and speed of the young men are equivalent to college freshman, but their skills and football smarts are the equivalent of junior high players.
I didnt include those attributes…..which I agree with you are very very important, cause I think in this case both the Chardon and Kirkland kids are pretty astute from grade school ball on up……both have fantastic well coached youth programs.