Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

Toledo Central Catholic vs:

1. Cincinnati Moeller
  2. Cincinnati St. Xavier
  3. Cincinnati Elder
  4. Cincinnati LaSalle
  5. Akron Hoban
  6. Lakewood St. Ed's (they played a home and home series recently)
  7. Cleveland St. Ignatius (has a current home and home series)
  8. Any of the top OCC programs
  9. Belleville (D1 power in MI)
  10. IMG

Ain’t no way.
There is such a drastic, dramatic difference in ball between d6/7 vs d3 and up. You’re so used to consistent 40 point wins against the Cardinals/Newbury’s/Berkshires of the world year after year that I guess I can’t blame you for thinking that way. Sometimes you just dont know what you don’t know.

There is such a drastic, dramatic difference in ball between d6/7 vs d3 and up. You’re so used to consistent 40 point wins against the Cardinals/Newbury’s/Berkshires of the world year after year that I guess I can’t blame you for thinking that way. Sometimes you just dont know what you don’t know.
I know for 100% certainty that kirtland would not have a running clock put on them. Do you forget or you might not know that kirtland grows up playing Chardon, mayfield, mentor, kenston, riverside and Perry. Same kids are playing High school ball now. We know there game and our coaches would have a great plan. The Kirtland/Chardon game almost happened in 2020 during Covid. Week one of Playoffs “wants to be a controlled scrimmage”when both teams had a bye week. But it ended up not happening due to there is no way it would be controlled. Neither team would be ok with not winning and even though it would have been a scrimmage kids for sure would have played like it was a state championship game. Mitch and Tiger would probably love to play each other would be a great chess match. I’m not saying Kirtland would win but there is no way there would be a running clock out on Kirtland.

I know for 100% certainty that kirtland would not have a running clock put on them. Do you forget or you might not know that kirtland grows up playing Chardon, mayfield, mentor, kenston, riverside and Perry. Same kids are playing High school ball now. We know there game and our coaches would have a great plan. The Kirtland/Chardon game almost happened in 2020 during Covid. Week one of Playoffs “wants to be a controlled scrimmage”when both teams had a bye week. But it ended up not happening due to there is no way it would be controlled. Neither team would be ok with not winning and even though it would have been a scrimmage kids for sure would have played like it was a state championship game. Mitch and Tiger would probably love to play each other would be a great chess match. I’m not saying Kirtland would win but there is no way there would be a running clock out on Kirtland.
First of all….you’re 100% certain of nothing in this scenario….much like me…..cant predict what hasnt and probably never will happen. Dont talk to me about “the almost, what ifs, controlled etc….” All garbage. When you line up the 22 vs 22, game planning helps but ultimately, size, strength, speed wins every time. Divisions matter. Alot

True.
But D7 msml has beaten a good D3 Wapakoneta team a few yrs in a row now.
Coldwater in D5, which was soundly beaten by Marion local beat regional finalist D3 with osu qb recruit two yrs on a row and never trailed.
D6 Versailles beat up on d3 state semi finalist celina this year.

It can happen whee good small achools can beat good big schools.

True.
Coldwater in D5, which was soundly beaten by Marion local beat regional finalist D3 with osu qb recruit two yrs on a row and never trailed.

agreed….good points…..but we are comparing against arguably the best d3 school in the state the last 5 years.

True.

Didn't Delphos St. John beat a solid DI school about 15 years ago?

Speaking of which, 2004 DSJ handed III Bellevue its only regular season loss. JAYS finished 6-4 that year

Didn't Delphos St. John beat a solid DI school about 15 years ago?

Speaking of which, 2004 DSJ handed III Bellevue its only regular season loss. JAYS finished 6-4 that year
D6 DSJ was 6-4 and beat 4-6 D1 Worthington Kilbourne 28-12.

2004 D5 6-4 DSJ beat D3 Bellevue who wnt 10-2 that season. That was a Saturday game and I believed it stormed pretty good that day/evening.

2021 D6 coldwatee beat D1 cincy team....butnthey went 0fer that yr. And 2019 d6 CW brat a 5-5 D3 Mt healthy.

I know...far cry from the recruiting powerhouse that is TCC in D3 but some small achools do step up to play schools much, much bigger

great thread.

MAC powers vs larger schools in the Dayton area (GWOC and MVL)
- Marion Local vs Centerville
- Coldwater vs Northmont
- Versailles vs Troy
- Minster vs Tipp City

- Clinton Massie vs Fairmont (game over by 8:30?)
- Bellefontaine (with Tavien St Clair) vs GWOC teams

Greenon vs:
- Shawnee (should be played when competitive)
- Tecumseh
- Kenton Ridge
- Paint Valley (most scenic stadium)
- Fairborn (border battle)

some old Kenton Trace Conference matchups
- Greeneview vs Blanchester
- Greeneview vs Clinton Massie
- Madison Plains vs Blanchester
- Cedarville vs Waynesville
- Madison Plains vs East Clinton

some other western Ohio border matchups that rarely happen
- Eaton vs Preble Shawnee
- Ansonia vs Versailles
- Trotwood vs Northmont
- Xenia vs Bellbrook
- Greeneview vs Miami Trace
- West Jefferson vs London/Jonathan Alder
- Greeneview vs East Clinton
- Xenia vs Wilmington
- Fort Loramie vs Anna
- Mechanicsburg vs Jonathan Alder

How about a Federal League- Suburban League (National Division) Challenge? Based on the 2023 standings from both leagues, these would be the matchups:

McKinley vs Wadsworth
Lake vs Hudson
GlenOak vs Nordonia
Green vs Twinsburg
Hoover vs Brecksville
Jackson vs Stow- Munroe Falls
Perry vs North Royalton

Each year during Week 3, the defending FED champion would play the defending SLN champion, the second place FED team would play the second place SLN team and so on. One year FED could host the games between the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th place teams, while the SLN would host the 2nd, 4th and 6th place teams. Then this would be reversed the next season.

Or we could do a PAC-WCAL Challenge

Canton South vs Dalton
CVCA vs Norwayne
Triway vs Hillsdale
Northwest vs Rittman
Orrville vs Smithville
Fairless vs Waynedale
Manchester vs Northwestern
Tuslaw vs Chippewa

How about a Federal League- Suburban League (National Division) Challenge? Based on the 2023 standings from both leagues, these would be the matchups:

McKinley vs Wadsworth
Lake vs Hudson
GlenOak vs Nordonia
Green vs Twinsburg
Hoover vs Brecksville
Perry vs North Royalton

Each year during Week 3, the defending FED champion would play the defending SLN champion, the second place FED team would play the second place SLN team and so on. One year FED could host the games between the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th place teams, while the SLN would host the 2nd, 4th and 6th place teams. Then this would be reversed the next season.

Canton South vs Dalton
CVCA vs Norwayne
Triway vs Hillsdale
Northwest vs Rittman
Orrville vs Smithville
Fairless vs Waynedale
Tuslaw vs Chippewa
The only times I've ever seen leagues have a standing open-opponent week were in the 1970's in west central Ohio, in the 1980's-90's in the Toledo City League in week 10, and in recent seasons in week 10 in the Great Lakes Conference in Cleveland. The logistics to do this in one week between two leagues would be nearly impossible to pull off; but I like where your head is with the idea. These would be fun!

McKinley vs Wadsworth
Lake vs Hudson
GlenOak vs Nordonia
Green vs Twinsburg
Hoover vs Brecksville
Perry vs North Royalton

Canton South vs Dalton
CVCA vs Norwayne
Triway vs Hillsdale
Northwest vs Rittman
Orrville vs Smithville
Fairless vs Waynedale
Tuslaw vs Chippewa
I see a pair of matchups from the 1980s here. Fairless used to open with Waynedale and then Manchester-Northwestern and Chippewa-Northwest the following week.

I've posted these before but here we go again:

Fremont Ross vs Cin Wyoming- with Ed O'Neill in attendance

Napoleon vs Wellington- neutral site at Waterloo

Harding, Taft, McKinley, Garfield in a wrestling match

Vermilion vs Fairport in rowing

Princeton vs Columbia in chess

Buckeye vs Buckeye central- just to mess with pa announcer

Anthony Wayne vs Sheridan- a real war

Euclid vs Solon- coaching philosophy

Aurora vs Parma- on Christmas

You realize that Wapakoneta was one of the top D3 programs this year and last and Marion Local beat them both times being D7