#PACtion™ 2024

If you're losing to the team that eventually wins the title in the first round odds are that you're coming in seeded near the bottom of the bracket, this is not the defense you think it is, if anything it adds strength to the notion that lots of those teams were products of soft scheduling. Don't confuse that with saying those teams were bad or that France was a mediocre coach, both the teams and France himself were very solid but the legacy is not this watertight, unassailable, behemoth that nobody can measure up to. They had some truly excellent teams in '96 and '97 and then again in '13 and '18 and '19 surrounding those five stand out years are a ton of pretty solid teams with a handful of just average ones lumped in. Definitely something to celebrate if you're a Manchester alumni and something to be proud of for sure but it's not that upper echelon of achievement in Ohio football. You just can't ignore a 23-27 all-time record in the playoffs
Manchester is a big reason competitive balance exists in Ohio. In the old D4 R13 days Manchester played in the same region as ASVSM, Mooney, Ursuline, CCC, and VASJ (Benedictine and Hawken for a number of years, too). Manchester would play a standard D4 public school schedule with typical D4 public school kids. They'd usually be ranked near the top of the region. Often in the first round or second round, they'd run into a private school that limited enrollment to maintain a D4 classification but "attracted" talent that played at a much higher skill level than D4. Those same schools generally played each other and then much larger (WGH, Fitch, Massillon, McKinley, Iggy, Walsh, etc) competition. I would argue that you don't play those sorts of schedules unless you know you have the talent to do it. When divisions were added and Manchester dropped to D5, similar things happened. Competitive balance was created to address that and Manchester was often used as an example for the need for competitive balance.

Going to Tiffin in itself is bad enough.

Tiffin's Ballreich chips are not tuff like Gold 'n Krisp.

One of the worst bosses of my life was from Tiffin. And went to Calvert.

And I don't think you "deserved it."

You were dealing with some bad juju beyond your control with "Tiffin", "Calvert", and "JJ Huddle."

There hasn't been three losers in the same sentence at that level since Pelosi, Schumer and Speaker Mike Johnson in this one.
I spent a few years in NW Ohio. Not the best place I've ever lived or worked, and Ballreich chips are certainly nowhere near the even the most mediocre of the chips I've consumed. Ballreich chips make me sad.

I did a quick Twitter search and didn't find anything. Is there a Twitter feed in Apple Creek or Mount Eaton I do not know about?

MATT ZUERCHER RETURNS TO WAYNEDALE

MAKE WAYNEDALE .500 AGAIN

I'll get those hats made and hold a yuge rally down on Carr Road.
They are kind of like Massillon Perry of D3, wrestling is the focus along with baseball obviously, I can't comment on softball, but would assume they are strong there as well. I think we hashed out last year why you have these schools where football and wrestling are not at least equally successful, various reasons I guess, but seems odder and more unavoidable at the small schools where it's more common to have a core group of talented, athletic kids that can do it all so to speak and frankly low numbers allow them to do so.

To be clear, not comparing Waynedale to Perry :) also, Perry's football clearly has had it's share of issues..... insert Wakefield references @Rich Kotite

Big Z sports has it

💥Breaking News💥
Zach Golec has accepted the Athletic Director position at Indian Valley High School and is pending board approval on Monday, May 20th. Golec, is currently the Athletic Director and Head football coach at Waynedale High School.

Just heard that Orrville's AD is heading back to her alma mater. With a new Supe & new AD have to imagine his "security" isn't what it once was.
EXCLUSIVE #PACtion™ CONTENT FROM MY CORRESPONDENT JAY GLAZED DONUT (not Glazer):

I just heard Josh McDaniels, son of Orrville legendary graduate Thom McDaniels, has quietly reached out to Orrville to express interest in becoming the Red Riders next football coach. Even though there isn't an opening in Orrville yet, McDaniels has promised that Peyton Hillis will NOT be a part of his coaching staff:

1714575130376.png

1714575436874.png

And don't worry about your quarterback position Red Rider fans. To quote Josh:

“Fellas, don’t worry about the quarterback situation. I can turn a high school quarterback into an All-Pro.”

I think there’s some former superintendents from Wayne Co would like a word about that statement. 😂
I'm well aware of that. There was a lot of discussion involving all parties. Was the Wayne County contingent originally upset about girl's basketball? For some reason I thought that was a factor.

I'm well aware of that. There was a lot of discussion involving all parties. Was the Wayne County contingent originally upset about girl's basketball? For some reason I thought that was a factor.
That's a good question. I can't remember exactly what the genesis of the proposal was. Below are some write ups from that time.

Yes, it's my understanding, as well, that girls basketball a big driving factor. Also, if I remember correctly, many don't realize that, while Triway's former superintendent's name is on most of the articles, I believe it was the Dalton admins and/or Board of Education who originally spearheaded the movement. I used to work with a member of Dalton's board, and he was giving me the inside scoop about Dalton sending surveys to schools across the state. It just so happened that Triway's AD was the public face for the movement. (again, this is just my recollection, but I could be wrong)

Coach Julio Gulling for Waynedale. Matt or Mark Gulling, I can't keep track. And David Burkett as the new AD at Waynedale.

Golden Bears make it happen
Rumor has it someone is approaching 400 wins and if said milestone is reached, that may be the end. Can two amazing long overdue coaching changes happen in 3 months, I wouldn't even know what to say or do other than.........

1714577821279.png

Pardon the interruption from your regularly scheduled yappi discussions about #PACtion™ football.....

drove by a circle K just to stop at a Bellstores

#PACtion™patronage is real

this thread is nearing "cult" like status - when petitioned by current wife why I am not going to Circle K - I told her to stop her trashy talk - that we are better than that - its Bellstores in this family, Bellstores makes us TUFF. ( she just looked at me like I lost my mind)

and now please continue with the regularly scheduled programming....

#PACtion™

Pardon the interruption from your regularly scheduled yappi discussions about #PACtion™ football.....

drove by a circle K just to stop at a Bellstores

#PACtion™patronage is real

this thread is nearing "cult" like status - when petitioned by current wife why I am not going to Circle K - I told her to stop her trashy talk - that we are better than that - its Bellstores in this family, Bellstores makes us TUFF. ( she just looked at me like I lost my mind)

and now please continue with the regularly scheduled programming....

#PACtion™
Great post. Here's the real question - did you make this post while sitting in a Bellstores restroom?

Maybe that could be a new qualifier for posters. Tuesday @bootleg is a "well known member" but on Thursday he transforms to "BCP - Bellstores commode poster"

Tuslaw Turf Project

April 2 ·

As communicated, we are so excited for our community and kids of Tuslaw. From the start of the project, our goal was to give something to the athletic program, school and students that everyone was proud of. We have met the first goal, which was to get turf for the upcoming season. We will have football, soccer and band students (and others) using a new surface for the 2024-2025 school year. We’d like to keep the excitement going, we would love to replace our current scoreboard, with a new 24x24 LED scoreboard with live video display. This would allow many other sports to use vs just football as currently set up. The approximate cost of this scoreboard is $185,000.00, plus permitting and installation costs. We are looking to finish up our sponsorship with our Grandstand Sponsorship. This includes naming of the Press box and wraps on both home and away bleachers. This sponsorship covers a 10-year commitment and costs $200,000. If you have any interest or know of an interested business, please reach out to us @ Tuslawturfproject@gmail.com. Thanks again for all your help and support with this project.
May be an image of text that says 'GRANDSTAND SPONSOR $200 000 LANE TUSLAW MUSTANGS GIRLS 800M. RUN NAME PLACE sponsorship business TIME 2:35.00 2:23.86 2:30.35 4'highx25'wi 6 WALKER .OLSON MAYER JONS WESS wraps bleachers. business visible Football Soccer events also easily Softball games. commitment, the life the turf. This 122 3 5 13.2x602 2:32.40 2:24.42 2:26.14 2:25.74 TUSLAW MUSTANGS T.O.L. OGO 2:35 T.O. BALLON BUSINESS T' BLUE! BUSINESS QTR የለር YOUR LOGO HOME OUR MUSTANGS'

(Note: this is from the Tuslaw Turf Project Facebook page).