#PACtion™ 2024

Great post. Here's the real question - did you make this post while sitting in a Bellstores restroom?

Maybe that could be a new qualifier for posters. Tuesday @bootleg is a "well known member" but on Thursday he transforms to "BCP - Bellstores commode poster"
thought never crossed my mind

however Rayland.....

you may have just opened a can of worms for some folk on here

and hey - don't take it personal - but I was a huge Boyd Crowder fan and even bigger Ava Crowder fan

and how could you mess stuff up with Winona so bad?????

Tuslaw Turf Project

April 2 ·

As communicated, we are so excited for our community and kids of Tuslaw. From the start of the project, our goal was to give something to the athletic program, school and students that everyone was proud of. We have met the first goal, which was to get turf for the upcoming season. We will have football, soccer and band students (and others) using a new surface for the 2024-2025 school year. We’d like to keep the excitement going, we would love to replace our current scoreboard, with a new 24x24 LED scoreboard with live video display. This would allow many other sports to use vs just football as currently set up. The approximate cost of this scoreboard is $185,000.00, plus permitting and installation costs. We are looking to finish up our sponsorship with our Grandstand Sponsorship. This includes naming of the Press box and wraps on both home and away bleachers. This sponsorship covers a 10-year commitment and costs $200,000. If you have any interest or know of an interested business, please reach out to us @ Tuslawturfproject@gmail.com. Thanks again for all your help and support with this project.
May be an image of text that says 'GRANDSTAND SPONSOR $200 000 LANE TUSLAW MUSTANGS GIRLS 800M. RUN NAME PLACE sponsorship business TIME 2:35.00 2:23.86 2:30.35 4'highx25'wi 6 WALKER .OLSON MAYER JONS WESS wraps bleachers. business visible Football Soccer events also easily Softball games. commitment, the life the turf. This 122 3 5 13.2x602 2:32.40 2:24.42 2:26.14 2:25.74 TUSLAW MUSTANGS T.O.L. OGO 2:35 T.O. BALLON BUSINESS T' BLUE! BUSINESS QTR የለር YOUR LOGO HOME OUR MUSTANGS''GRANDSTAND SPONSOR $200 000 LANE TUSLAW MUSTANGS GIRLS 800M. RUN NAME PLACE sponsorship business TIME 2:35.00 2:23.86 2:30.35 4'highx25'wi 6 WALKER .OLSON MAYER JONS WESS wraps bleachers. business visible Football Soccer events also easily Softball games. commitment, the life the turf. This 122 3 5 13.2x602 2:32.40 2:24.42 2:26.14 2:25.74 TUSLAW MUSTANGS T.O.L. OGO 2:35 T.O. BALLON BUSINESS T' BLUE! BUSINESS QTR የለር YOUR LOGO HOME OUR MUSTANGS'
(Note: this is from the Tuslaw Turf Project Facebook page).
I have some reliable sources, same ones that gave me the confidence to wager booze on Dial being hired before it was public that state the following. Groundbreaking will be approximately May 21st, this will be after graduation and track season is complete. If the schedule stays on track, will be completed mid-July. All material needed for the job has been ordered and shipped. Anyone interested in joining me to watch......
1714675258675.png

thought never crossed my mind

however Rayland.....

you may have just opened a can of worms for some folk on here

and hey - don't take it personal - but I was a huge Boyd Crowder fan and even bigger Ava Crowder fan

and how could you mess stuff up with Winona so bad?????
1. Walton Goggins is solid gold. Nephew told me to watch "Fallout" on Prime. A show about a video game - no thanks. "Boyd's in it and he's perfect" he tells me. SPOT ON!
2. Decided not to use Boyd as my moniker simply because there was some hint of racial stuff in the show (wasn't in the books) and I didn't want encourage bias in anyone reading my posts
3. Natalie Zea (Winona) . . .
I Love You Flirting GIF by Max

4. No offense taken. We've dug coal together. (y)

1. Walton Goggins is solid gold. Nephew told me to watch "Fallout" on Prime. A show about a video game - no thanks. "Boyd's in it and he's perfect" he tells me. SPOT ON!
2. Decided not to use Boyd as my moniker simply because there was some hint of racial stuff in the show (wasn't in the books) and I didn't want encourage bias in anyone reading my posts
3. Natalie Zea (Winona) . . .
I Love You Flirting GIF by Max

4. No offense taken. We've dug coal together. (y)
That Fallout series is outstanding! My kids played the game, so I was somewhat familiar with it, but you don't have to be to enjoy it.

52 weeks ago this mighty group had been visited by someone I did not know....Raylan helped a little bit....but I still didn't know who this is...lol

"A YG sighting! This is awesome!

For all the newer residents of this thread, YG stopping by is the equivalent of Pete Maravich or George Gervin stopping by the playground and saying "we go next." (Sorry for the dated reference)"

This was post number 1039 and page 35....we are currently at post number 3,635 and page 122

Last edited:
Are there any updates on the Manchester stadium stands and Tuslaw turf projects?
Manchester's home stands are still under construction - doesn't seem like much done in the past week. The stands extend to the 20 yard lines. Visitor stands not started (except the pilings are in). At the east end of the field, a portion of the current high school is being renovated to house the stadium locker rooms, restrooms, and concession stand (the third photo).
IMG_3815.jpg
IMG_3812.jpg
IMG_3813.jpg

Manchester's home stands are still under construction - doesn't seem like much done in the past week. The stands extend to the 20 yard lines. Visitor stands not started (except the pilings are in). At the east end of the field, a portion of the current high school is being renovated to house the stadium locker rooms, restrooms, and concession stand (the third photo).
View attachment 58172View attachment 58173View attachment 58174
If Gold n Krisp isn't served at the concession stand that is a deep state conspiracy.

Last edited:
52 weeks ago this mighty group had been visited by someone I did not know....Raylan helped a little bit....but I still didn't know who this is...lol

For all the newer residents of this thread, YG stopping by is the equivalent of Pete Maravich or George Gervin stopping by the playground and saying "we go next." (Sorry for the dated reference)"

This was post number 1039 and page 35....we are currently at post number 3,635 and page 122
Youngguy is deep state sent by Chuck Schumer.

Nice to see my typos are not a new thing. Thought my mental faculties were failing in my old age. Apparently I’ve always just been this stupid…

This thread wants to see the top 5 fence standing locations! We aren't interested in bleachers!
This is a great comment. The new stadium will also be an interesting social experiment, as in where will people sit or stand, sort of like what pew will they sit in at church. One prime standing spot will be on the east end, near the locker rooms and concession stand. That'll be a great spot to "cheer on" the teams as they exit and enter the locker rooms and then grab some grub.

1714763207875.png

In his glory days Keith Wakefield made this team practice on this street so they'd develop added tuffness.

Now the tuffness is continued on this thread.

#PACtion™

Last edited:
PAC Game of the Year - 2008 | Triway (6-2, 4-1 PAC) at Tuslaw (8-0, 5-0 PAC) | Week 9 | October 17, 2008
This is the tenth in an ongoing series, highlighting the PAC Game of the Year in each season, from 1999 through 2023, which will lead up to the start of the 2024 high school football season. For a look back at prior summaries, click here for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

This edition of the PAC Game of the Year comes a day later than normal, as we round out the first decade of games in this series.

Indian Valley rejoined the conference in 2008. The Braves were a charter member of the PAC, but had played the previous twelve seasons in the East Central Ohio Conference. In fact, Indian Valley had one of the two conference victories over Manchester in the first 16 years of conference play, back in 1993 when the went undefeated in the PAC to be the only school other than Manchester to be crowed champions of the PAC before 2005.

But in 2008, the Braves were not a factor. They went winless in conference and finished 2-8 overall. Like the previous year, CVCA and Tuslaw remained at the top of the conference standings for a second year in a row, and their Week 6 matchup, with both teams undefeated through the first half of the conference schedule would seem to be the logical choice as Game of the Year. Tuslaw outmuscled CVCA at home, 18-13, to gain the upper hand in the conference championship race.

But seasons build. And while it's hard to pass on a midseason battle of two undefeateds as the PAC Game of the Year, the 2008 season came down to a late season matchup on the high grass at Tuslaw, where the Mustangs hosted Triway.

The Titans season began with a win over West Holmes, but they followed that up by being on the wrong side of a 34-13 beatdown at Orrville during the Red Riders' heyday in the Ohio Cardinal Conference. After a 15-12 squeaker against Waynedale, the Titans doubled up Manchester 26-13 at home. But a week 5 trip to CVCA produced a similar result to that earlier visit to Orrville. The Royals dominated the Titans 35-12, and the Titans were 3-2 (1-1) at the season's halfway mark. All the attention was on undefeated CVCA and Tuslaw.

But with the lights and energy focused on the two top teams, something clicked for the Titans. The offense took things to the next level and the defense got stingy. Triway 52 Fairless 7. Triway 56 Indian Valley 14. Triway 45 Tusky Valley 6. Suddenly, an unsteady first half of the season had turned into a Week 9 opportunity to compete for a share of a conference championship.

Triway headed back out of the road in Week 9 against the undefeated Mustangs, determined to produce a better result than than in their season's first two excursions to Orrville and CVCA. It turned out to be a night for the defenses. A night few in attendance would ever forget.

The Titans defense held the Mustangs to just 72 rushing yards on 32 carries. Tuslaw quarterback Shelby Combs engineered a touchdown on the game's first possession, when he hit Graydon Feichter on a fade from the Titans 24-yard line. But it was tough sledding after that. He finished just 6 for 28 for 72 yards and a pick.

However, the Mustangs defense was just as good - if not better. In fact, they pitched a shutout against the Titans offense, which managed 133 yards on the ground but just 33 yards through the air and was never able to score. Still, the Titans were in a tie game in the fourth quarter because of an 85-yard scoop and score of a Combs fumble by junior Cole Drake early in the second quarter.

The 7-7 halftime deadlock showed no signs of being broken as the defenses continued to dominate into the fourth quarter.

Sometimes, you have to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. During Week 9 in 2008, the Titans pulled victory out of a completely different anatomical area. I'll let The Daily Record's Aaron Dorksen pick up the story from there from his October 18, 2008 game story.

The Triway football team turned can't into can. It turned the other cheek. It pulled one out of its, uh, hindquarters.

There's really no other way to describe the unlikely, shocking, possibly never before seen way Triway junior Cole Drake scored the game-winning 65-yard touchdown in a 13-7 win over previously unbeaten Tuslaw in front of more than 2,500 fans at William Kurtz Stadium Friday.

The Titans (7-2, 5-1 Principals Athletic Conference) and Mustangs (8-1, 5-1 PAC; ranked 4th in Div. IV) were tied at 7-7 in a defensive donnybrook early in the fourth when Triway was forced to punt from its 45-yard line.

Triway junior punt-protector Drake shifted before the snap and wound up having Ben Cline's kick nail him squarely in the behind. The ball shot backwards into the air and wound up resting at the 35, where none of the 22 players on the field were exactly sure what to do.

Drake and Cline stood near the ball looking at it, while most of the Tuslaw team started jogging off the field thinking it was a dead ball and change of possession. Some of the Titans were getting ready to run onto the field for defense.

Let the Triway coach and players take the play from here, which wound up putting the Titans into a three-way tie for first in the PAC and probably into the playoffs for just the third time in school history.

"I don't know if I've ever seen anything like that," an emotionally drained Triway coach Doug Haas said. "It's a live ball on that because it's behind the line of scrimmage.

"Eric Johnson, one of our assistant coaches, was the first one to realize it. He started screaming, 'run it, it's still live, run it!'"

The chain of communication started making its way to the middle of the field where the PAC title rested on the unclaimed football.

"(The punt) hit me right in the butt," Drake said. "It flew up in the air and was just sitting there.

"Then Kenny Goldstein ran over to me and said to pick it up and run. We had like six guys there to lead me to the end zone against just one of their players. Ben (Cline) put a huge block on No. 2 (Graydon Feichter)."

Drake sprinted untouched 65 yards to paydirt for what proved to be the winning score.

Drake wasn't done. He picked off a pass as the game ended to seal the win for the Titans.

Current Triway head coach Cody Kelly was a key contributor to the victory, and he was ecstatic after the game. Again from the Dorksen game story:

"We're ecstatic," said Kelly, a senior two-way tackle who came back last week from a broken fibula. "We thought coming into the game it would be a defensive battle and it was. It was just an amazing game."

CVCA and Triway both finished the season at 9-1 (6-1).

And because of the The Boot Heard Round The PAC, the 2008 Mustangs finished 8-2 (6-1) after a Week 10 57-0 thrashing of Timken, and were a part of the three-way tie for the conference championship.

Never before and perhaps never again. The conference championship came down to a Special Teams punt gone wrong ... but oh so right.

#PACtion™

Postscript
The 8-2 (6-1) season earned Triway the 6-seed in Division 4 Region 13, but they drew the long drive to Perry and fell to the Pirates 41-7 in the first round of the Playoffs

Tuslaw was the 2-seed in Region 13 and they throttled LaBrae 28-0 for a first round playoff victory. But they too ran into Perry at Twinsburg's Tiger Stadium in the Regional Semifinal and were shutout 47-0 and finished 10-2.

CVCA was the 5-seed as the PAC sent all three teams to the Region 13 playoffs. The Royals traveled to Youngstown but fell to Mooney 14-6 at Stambaugh Stadium in the first round

Want to read more about the game? Here's the link, with the ABJ box score below.
Tuslaw_Triway_2008_Box.png

Attachments

• Tuslaw_Triway_2008_Story_1.png
    Tuslaw_Triway_2008_Story_1.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 2
PAC Game of the Year - 2008 | Triway (6-2, 4-1 PAC) at Tuslaw (8-0, 5-0 PAC) | Week 9 | October 17, 2008
This is the tenth in an ongoing series, highlighting the PAC Game of the Year in each season, from 1999 through 2023, which will lead up to the start of the 2024 high school football season. For a look back at prior summaries, click here for 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

This edition of the PAC Game of the Year comes a day later than normal, as we round out the first decade of games in this series.

Indian Valley rejoined the conference in 2008. The Braves were a charter member of the PAC, but had played the previous twelve seasons in the East Central Ohio Conference. In fact, Indian Valley had one of the two conference victories over Manchester in the first 16 years of conference play, back in 1993 when the went undefeated in the PAC to be the only school other than Manchester to be crowed champions of the PAC before 2005.

But in 2008, the Braves were not a factor. They went winless in conference and finished 2-8 overall. Like the previous year, CVCA and Tuslaw remained at the top of the conference standings for a second year in a row, and their Week 6 matchup, with both teams undefeated through the first half of the conference schedule would seem to be the logical choice as Game of the Year. Tuslaw outmuscled CVCA at home, 18-13, to gain the upper hand in the conference championship race.

But seasons build. And while it's hard to pass on a midseason battle of two undefeateds as the PAC Game of the Year, the 2008 season came down to a late season matchup on the high grass at Tuslaw, where the Mustangs hosted Triway.

The Titans season began with a win over West Holmes, but they followed that up by being on the wrong side of a 34-13 beatdown at Orrville during the Red Riders' heyday in the Ohio Cardinal Conference. After a 15-12 squeaker against Waynedale, the Titans doubled up Manchester 26-13 at home. But a week 5 trip to CVCA produced a similar result to that earlier visit to Orrville. The Royals dominated the Titans 35-12, and the Titans were 3-2 (1-1) at the season's halfway mark. All the attention was on undefeated CVCA and Tuslaw.

But with the lights and energy focused on the two top teams, something clicked for the Titans. The offense took things to the next level and the defense got stingy. Triway 52 Fairless 7. Triway 56 Indian Valley 14. Triway 45 Tusky Valley 6. Suddenly, an unsteady first half of the season had turned into a Week 9 opportunity to compete for a share of a conference championship.

Triway headed back out of the road in Week 9 against the undefeated Mustangs, determined to produce a better result than than in their season's first two excursions to Orrville and CVCA. It turned out to be a night for the defenses. A night few in attendance would ever forget.

The Titans defense held the Mustangs to just 72 rushing yards on 32 carries. Tuslaw quarterback Shelby Combs engineered a touchdown on the game's first possession, when he hit Graydon Feichter on a fade from the Titans 24-yard line. But it was tough sledding after that. He finished just 6 for 28 for 72 yards and a pick.

However, the Mustangs defense was just as good - if not better. In fact, they pitched a shutout against the Titans offense, which managed 133 yards on the ground but just 33 yards through the air and was never able to score. Still, the Titans were in a tie game in the fourth quarter because of an 85-yard scoop and score of a Combs fumble by junior Cole Drake early in the second quarter.

The 7-7 halftime deadlock showed no signs of being broken as the defenses continued to dominate into the fourth quarter.

Sometimes, you have to pull victory out of the jaws of defeat. During Week 9 in 2008, the Titans pulled victory out of a completely different anatomical area. I'll let The Daily Record's Aaron Dorksen pick up the story from there from his October 18, 2008 game story.

Drake wasn't done. He picked off a pass as the game ended to seal the win for the Titans.

Current Triway head coach Cody Kelly was a key contributor to the victory, and he was ecstatic after the game. Again from the Dorksen game story:

CVCA and Triway both finished the season at 9-1 (6-1).

And because of the The Boot Heard Round The PAC, the 2008 Mustangs finished 8-2 (6-1) after a Week 10 57-0 thrashing of Timken, and were a part of the three-way tie for the conference championship.

Never before and perhaps never again. The conference championship came down to a Special Teams punt gone wrong ... but oh so right.

#PACtion™

Postscript
The 8-2 (6-1) season earned Triway the 6-seed in Division 4 Region 13, but they drew the long drive to Perry and fell to the Pirates 41-7 in the first round of the Playoffs

Tuslaw was the 2-seed in Region 13 and they throttled LaBrae 28-0 for a first round playoff victory. But they too ran into Perry at Twinsburg's Tiger Stadium in the Regional Semifinal and were shutout 47-0 and finished 10-2.

CVCA was the 5-seed as the PAC sent all three teams to the Region 13 playoffs. The Royals traveled to Youngstown but fell to Mooney 14-6 at Stambaugh Stadium in the first round

Want to read more about the game? Here's the link, with the ABJ box score below.
View attachment 58212
6 out of 28 passing means throw less. Those stats are very Richard Todd-like:

1714764937830.png

Here is a question

Didn't Poochie Snyder miss a couple quarters to getting his arm roughed up?
Didn't a youngster come in and toss some TDs?

Just wanting to start to gather what some teams will have coming back. Not sure who I like yet.

PACtion™