OHSAA Expands Football 7-on-7 Opportunities

I think it evens the playing filed. Basketball and Baseball play damn near year round and football never had any options at all. Kids LOVE 7 on 7. It may help football get more kids out for their HS teams which I think is a positive.
I'm sure the kids that wouldn't make the time commitment before will be lining up for the chance to go year around.

I think it evens the playing filed. Basketball and Baseball play damn near year round and football never had any options at all. Kids LOVE 7 on 7. It may help football get more kids out for their HS teams which I think is a positive.
Look at indoor track, track season is a spring event is indoor track a bad thing? The reason individuals participate in these sports in the off season is to get better at their sport, what a terrible thing. I have no idea why football should be signaled out? LOL Ohio used to be considered a football state.

Edit: BTW an individual can practice one sport and still play another. I know an area athlete who plays two sports at the same time one being football and excels at both. He also plays a spring sport.

Last edited: