Ohio State Football 2023

Posters and OSU fans in general need to take a chill pill about firing Day. OSU scored 24 pts. on TTUN only one other team scored 24 pts. on TTUN and that was Maryland. OSU also had 390 yds. of offense and allowed one sack vs TTUN compare that to what TTUN did vs bammy yesterday. TTUN is better coached now than it was in 19 remember how bad TTUN defense use to be. Minter is a very good DC coach and that is where OSU needs to improve is on defense. UGA, and TTUN have similar philosophies, QB's that don't turn the football over, run the football, good TE"s and really good defense. Day needs to part ways with Knowles and that 5 DB look, it does not work vs TTUN or UGA.

Posters and OSU fans in general need to take a chill pill about firing Day. OSU scored 24 pts. on TTUN only one other team scored 24 pts. on TTUN and that was Maryland. OSU also had 390 yds. of offense and allowed one sack vs TTUN compare that to what TTUN did vs bammy yesterday. TTUN is better coached now than it was in 19 remember how bad TTUN defense use to be. Minter is a very good DC coach and that is where OSU needs to improve is on defense. UGA, and TTUN have similar philosophies, QB's that don't turn the football over, run the football, good TE"s and really good defense. Day needs to part ways with Knowles and that 5 DB look, it does not work vs TTUN or UGA.
More useless stats.

John Cooper had Outland Trophy winners, Heisman Trophy winners, Biletnikoff winners, first overall picks in the NFL draft. Like Day, lots of sparkly stats with zero results.

BTW, a really good defense gets stops in the fourth quarter. Let me know when Day/Knowles accomplishes that against Michigan or in the post season.

More useless stats.

John Cooper had Outland Trophy winners, Heisman Trophy winners, Biletnikoff winners, first overall picks in the NFL draft. Like Day, lots of sparkly stats with zero results.

BTW, a really good defense gets stops in the fourth quarter. Let me know when Day/Knowles accomplishes that against Michigan or in the post season.
Need talent to win but I agree about Knowle however it took a NFL HC Hair ball 5 years before he found a really good DC 1st McDonald from the Ravens and now Minter.

Need talent to win but I agree about Knowle however it took a NFL HC Hair ball 5 years before he found a really good DC 1st McDonald from the Ravens and now Minter.
Yes. Now lets see how it takes Day to find a single good assistant. Hartline looked good for a while but he sure is bleeding talent from his position lately.

Also, you need to know what to do with that talent.

Hairball lost 5 straight years to Ohio State and chickened out of playing Ohio State in year 6. If he were coaching at Ohio State he would have been fired before year 7. For 6 years I thought Hairball was the best thing going for Ohio State. Hairball finally figured things out and hired some really good assistance. He made changes that improved his program. It is a question of whether Day is capable of analyzing the situation and making the moves to fix Ohio State's deficiencies.

That's an impossible question to answer. When there is an opening and the applicants are known, I will give my opinion.
But you said good ones are out there. Who are they? Now you have to wait to see a list of applicants??

Yea the program only went 12-1 the year before and 12-0 the year after … total disarry!!!
The program had just lost their coach and many star players due to suspension. The program was also under NCAA investigation. Yes, total disarray. What is wrong with you?

But you said good ones are out there. Who are they? Now you have to wait to see a list of applicants??
No. There are great coaches out there, plenty of them. Look for the ones who may be interested in job. Mid major coaches that are looking to move up or major conference coaches at mid level in their conference.

Fick and Vrable are unlikely. Even though I like them I just don't think it would work. Fick will turn Wisconsin around soon though. Urban is a ridiculous thought as well. Locksley would be great but he likely will replace Saban in a couple years.

Matt Campbell from Iowa State. Did well at Toledo and doing well at Iowa State. Ohio guy. What could he do with a program that actually has resources?

Lane Kiffin. Like Day, he was given a top level position as his first HC spot. And like Day, he was a disaster. After failing at Tennessee and USC, Kiffin coached under Saban at Alabama for a few years, then found success at Florida Atlantic and now is leading Ole Miss to heights they have never seen. Next step is back to a major program.

Jason Candle. Doing well at Toledo. Might need a few years at a mid level major conference program though, before moving to a top level program.

My opinion so go ahead and attack it all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Day will never win jack at Ohio State.

No. There are great coaches out there, plenty of them. Look for the ones who may be interested in job. Mid major coaches that are looking to move up or major conference coaches at mid level in their conference.

Fick and Vrable are unlikely. Even though I like them I just don't think it would work. Fick will turn Wisconsin around soon though. Urban is a ridiculous thought as well. Locksley would be great but he likely will replace Saban in a couple years.

Matt Campbell from Iowa State. Did well at Toledo and doing well at Iowa State. Ohio guy. What could he do with a program that actually has resources?

Lane Kiffin. Like Day, he was given a top level position as his first HC spot. And like Day, he was a disaster. After failing at Tennessee and USC, Kiffin coached under Saban at Alabama for a few years, then found success at Florida Atlantic and now is leading Ole Miss to heights they have never seen. Next step is back to a major program.

Jason Candle. Doing well at Toledo. Might need a few years at a mid level major conference program though, before moving to a top level program.

My opinion so go ahead and attack it all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Day will never win jack at Ohio State.
Yeesh. I don’t want you picking the next coach. I don’t care for anyone on your list.

Yes. Now lets see how it takes Day to find a single good assistant. Hartline looked good for a while but he sure is bleeding talent from his position lately.

Also, you need to know what to do with that talent.
What talent is he bleeding? Lol.

Ummm...two of "The next first round picks" just hit the portal
Lol. They left because they didn't have the patience to compete, and were likely afraid of the dudes coming behind them. During the Cotton Bowl, when their entire position group was huddled on the sideline, both those dudes were scanning the crowd with smiles. Good riddance.

Is this a reason that Ohio State doesn’t have an USA🇺🇸 decal on their helmets?

Lol. They left because they didn't have the patience to compete, and were likely afraid of the dudes coming behind them. During the Cotton Bowl, when their entire position group was huddled on the sideline, both those dudes were scanning the crowd with smiles. Good riddance.
Sure. Always an excuse. let me know when Day wins something. Was Jameson Williams afraid of the dudes coming behind him? Or did he know Day was was an idiot for keeping him on the bench while Myan Williams would be split out wide in their five wide set?

Quirt saying crap that is not true I give you facts you just give your opinion. OSU gave up 1 sack vs TTUN and had close to 390 yds of offense, and scored 24 pts. Problem with OSU is not on the offensive side of the ball. Go follow and hate on another team.
The offensive scoring has dropped between one and two tds per game the last two years from what it had been since 2016. Add those points this year and they‘re playing in the CFP instead of ttun.
Either they don’t have the offensive talent some think they do, or the offensive coaching is Not using the talent properly. Either way, those issues fall squarely on the head coach. Especially when that head coach is the play caller.

What excuse? I was clearly referencing your comments regarding Hartline.
As was I? There has been a ton of WR's transferring out over the last few years and the position is not near as deep on the field as it once was. That is obvious. They dont have the down roster talent that they once did at WR.

Is this a reason that Ohio State doesn’t have an USA🇺🇸 decal on their helmets?
There’s a flag decal, albeit a very small one, above the number on the back of the helmet.
1704215283792.jpeg

The offensive scoring has dropped between one and two tds per game the last two years from what it had been since 2016. Add those points this year and they‘re playing in the CFP instead of ttun.
Either they don’t have the offensive talent some think they do, or the offensive coaching is Not using the talent properly. Either way, those issues fall squarely on the head coach. Especially when that head coach is the play caller.
Exactly. The defense has failed miserably in the fourth quarter of all the losses the last two years, but they should never have been in that position to begin with.

As was I? There has been a ton of WR's transferring out over the last few years and the position is not near as deep on the field as it once was. That is obvious. They dont have the down roster talent that they once did at WR.
With the exception of Jameson Williams, who could barely get on the field at OSU, have any of these other transfers even panned out elsewhere? And they left for the same reasons. Considering NIL, more will do the same. It's not an OSU-specific issue either. Hartline has yet to take a receiver from the portal in his tenure here, as he hasn't need to consider that to date. He has what he needs for Saturday. But, yeah, he might now need some down roster bodies for Sunday-through-Friday practices. 🤷‍♂️

With the exception of Jameson Williams, who could barely get on the field at OSU, have any of these other transfers even panned out elsewhere? And they left for the same reasons. Considering NIL, more will do the same. It's not an OSU-specific issue either. Hartline has yet to take a receiver from the portal in his tenure here, as he hasn't need to consider that to date. He has what he needs for Saturday. But, yeah, he might now need some down roster bodies for Sunday-through-Friday practices. 🤷‍♂️
I'm more specifically saying the lack of use of the full roster of WR's. It wasn't that long ago that OSU would use 5-6 WR's in meaningful situations in a game. Perhaps, with the recruiting that has been done at that position, returning to that mindset might be appropriate.

In 2021, if Day had used that philosophy. We could have went five wide with Olave, Wilson, JSN, Williams and Harrison. But nope, TE's and RB are better split wide than 5* receivers are.