Ohio State Football 2023

Also, Cooper 2.0 landed only 3 of the top 15 players in Ohio this recruiting cycle. Im sure its acceptable for Mr. Ohio to go to Michigan.
Yea … they only finished in the top 5 ranking by just about every recruiting sites … but you are the expert … so how many of those top 15 in Ohio did they actually recruit?

Penn State cannot replace Paterno, his shadow is too large. Ohio State went from 1979-2000 before they replaced Woody. Notre Dame has not found the right coach for decades and have made some very bad hires. Michigan as well. The wolverines panicked when OSU took control of the series and basically forced Carr out. They have staggered ever since and still would be if Ohio State hadn't hired a soft goober as their coach.
This is why you don’t fire a coach who loses only one or two games a year … it is easy to say, they should be better … but reality says they also could be worse … you just named 4 top programs that many years between getting the right coach … Day has had as much success as just about anyone in their first 6 seasons as a HC … you just can’t snap you finger and get the next Knute Rockne … Harbaugh was 0-5 vs OSU before he beat the Buckeyes … I am pretty sure UM fans are happy they did dump him.

Yea … they only finished in the top 5 ranking by just about every recruiting sites … but you are the expert … so how many of those top 15 in Ohio did they actually recruit?
Very few and that's the problem. Those top five ranked classes are accomplishing???

This is why you don’t fire a coach who loses only one or two games a year … it is easy to say, they should be better … but reality says they also could be worse … you just named 4 top programs that many years between getting the right coach … Day has had as much success as just about anyone in their first 6 seasons as a HC … you just can’t snap you finger and get the next Knute Rockne … Harbaugh was 0-5 vs OSU before he beat the Buckeyes … I am pretty sure UM fans are happy they did dump him.
Day sucks. Period. Not a single positive can be said about the current state of the program. Tress took over a program in dissaray and won the NC in his second season. Mayer took over a program in dissaray and won the NC in his third year. Day took over a program that was at its zenith and has run it into the ground.

Day sucks. Period. Not a single positive can be said about the current state of the program.
You think Luke Fickle is the answer says all I need to know about your judgement
2010 OSU 12-1 with Tressel
2011 OSU 6-7 with Fickle
2012 OSU 12-0 with Meyer

nothing else needs to be said!

You think Luke Fickle is the answer says all I need to know about your judgement
2011 OSU 6-7 with Fickle
2012 OSU 12-0 with Meyer

I have a hard time blaming Fickell for the results in 2011. He was put in a very tough spot gaining the interim tag in the summer and with the talent he had missing significant time due to suspensions.

2010 through 2012 Ohio State was in a major trough in terms of draft caliber talent. Go back and look at the rosters and draft classes. He lost Pryor (3rd round supplemental draft pick) for the entire season and three of the four guys that ended up going in the 2012 draft were guys that served five game suspensions for TatGate. They were very young and very thin on older talent.

He went 3-2 with the TatGate guys out (losing to Miami and Michigan State). Six of their seven losses were one score games. Halfway competent QB play probably at least halves the losses that year. Due to the player suspensions and holes in the roster, he had to take a lot of bumps with young talent like Miller, Hyde, Shazier, etc., that helped lay the foundation for a big turnaround with Urban in 2012.

I have a hard time blaming Fickell for the results in 2011. He was put in a very tough spot gaining the interim tag in the summer and with the talent he had missing significant time due to suspensions.

2010 through 2012 Ohio State was in a major trough in terms of draft caliber talent. Go back and look at the rosters and draft classes. He lost Pryor (3rd round supplemental draft pick) for the entire season and three of the four guys that ended up going in the 2012 draft were guys that served five game suspensions for TatGate. They were very young and very thin on older talent.

He went 3-2 with the TatGate guys out (losing to Miami and Michigan State). Six of their seven losses were one score games. Halfway competent QB play probably at least halves the losses that year. Due to the player suspensions and holes in the roster, he had to take a lot of bumps with young talent like Miller, Hyde, Shazier, etc., that helped lay the foundation for a big turnaround with Urban in 2012.
So we makes excuses for a guy that goes 6-7 at OSU … sorry I don’t buy it … 8 or 9 wins with those issues … maybe … but 6?
… and yet we want a guy fired with an 11-2 record and the one of loses with his 3rd string freshman QB … doesn’t make sense to me.

2011 OSU 6-7 with Fickle
2012 OSU 12-0 with Meyer

Where did I say Fick was the answer. Just understand that your mediocre QB coach doesn't have the stomach for the job.

Who said he was?
Someone on here … then you jumped in and defended him … and given you stance on Day … I assumed … sorry … my point is it is easy to say “fire the coach” … much more difficult to replace him with someone who will do better … even you pointed at how UM, ND, Penn State and OSU had troubles getting the right coach for years … OSU has a coach that beats everyone but teams that are elite (top 5) … that is not a guarantee to get someone to replace him that does that … plus continueity is a quality of most championship programs … look at Georgia Kirby Smart was 0-4 vs Saban/Alabama before he beat them … in fact his record is still only 1-5 vs them … to me, it is short sighted to judge Day only on the Michigan games.

Someone on here … then you jumped in and defended him … and given you stance on Day … I assumed … sorry … my point is it is easy to say “fire the coach” … much more difficult to replace him with someone who will do better … even you pointed at how UM, ND, Penn State and OSU had troubles getting the right coach for years … OSU has a coach that beats everyone but teams that are elite (top 5) … that is not a guarantee to get someone to replace him that does that … plus continueity is a quality of most championship programs … look at Georgia Kirby Smart was 0-4 vs Saban/Alabama before he beat them … in fact his record is still only 1-5 vs them … to me, it is short sighted to judge Day only on the Michigan games.
It's not all Days fault per se, he never should have been hired to begin with. you don't cut your teeth as a head coach at Ohio State, you work yourself up to it.

That being said. His best seasons at Ohio State are behind him. His offense is predictable, his Oline is soft and his defense collapses when it's needed the most.

It's not all Days fault per se, he never should have been hired to begin with. you don't cut your teeth as a head coach at Ohio State, you work yourself up to it.

That being said. His best seasons at Ohio State are behind him. His offense is predictable, his Oline is soft and his defense collapses when it's needed the most.
So who do you want as the coach there Mr AD? And don’t say Fickell

Yes, they are. Dude seriously, get off your bromance with Day, he isn't good. He's soft, he's anal and he's a poor judge of talent.
Quirt saying crap that is not true I give you facts you just give your opinion. OSU gave up 1 sack vs TTUN and had close to 390 yds of offense, and scored 24 pts. Problem with OSU is not on the offensive side of the ball. Go follow and hate on another team.

Quirt saying crap that is not true I give you facts you just give your opinion. OSU gave up 1 sack vs TTUN and had close to 390 yds of offense, and scored 24 pts. Problem with OSU is not on the offensive side of the ball. Go follow and hate on another team.
And all your facts produce no results. Celebrate wins over Purdue and Rutgers all you want. That is not what matters. When Day wins something that matters, by all means, let me know.

I know this is OSU thread, but that's a great Michigan win. Makes losing to them not as bad. Imo.
I thought Alabama would put it to them.
Alabama got extremely lucky against Auburn and received a very favorable call against Georgia. Michigan, player for player is not better than Ohio State. Coach for coach it's off the charts.

Alabama got extremely lucky against Auburn and received a very favorable call against Georgia. Michigan, player for player is not better than Ohio State. Coach for coach it's off the charts.
Nice look for OSU imo. Yes I'm phissed they lost and Day is driving me crazy. But Michigan did carry the weight. Saban is a good coach.