Personal information
Ohio State Buckeyes – No. 12
PositionQuarterback
ClassFreshman
Height6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight200 lb (91 kg)
College
Bowl games
High schoolT. F. Riggs (Pierre, South Dakota)
Lincoln Kienholz is an American football quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes.

High school career[edit]​

Kienholz attended T. F. Riggs High School in Pierre, South Dakota. He played football, basketball and baseball in high school.[1][2] As a senior in football, he passed for 3,422 yards with 46 touchdowns and rushed for 1,435 yards and 24 touchdowns. Kienholz finished his career with the most passing yards in South Dakota history.[3] He was named USA Today's National Athlete of the Year in 2023.[4] He was selected to play in the 2023 All-American Bowl.[5] He originally committed to play college football at the University of Washingtonbefore switching to Ohio State University.[6][7]

Let’s not act like this qb is terrible.

Lincoln Kienholz
Ohio State Buckeyes – No. 12
Personal information
Career history
PositionQuarterback
ClassFreshman
Height6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight200 lb (91 kg)
College
Bowl games
High schoolT. F. Riggs (Pierre, South Dakota)
Lincoln Kienholz is an American football quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes.

High school career[edit]​

Kienholz attended T. F. Riggs High School in Pierre, South Dakota. He played football, basketball and baseball in high school.[1][2] As a senior in football, he passed for 3,422 yards with 46 touchdowns and rushed for 1,435 yards and 24 touchdowns. Kienholz finished his career with the most passing yards in South Dakota history.[3] He was named USA Today's National Athlete of the Year in 2023.[4] He was selected to play in the 2023 All-American Bowl.[5] He originally committed to play college football at the University of Washingtonbefore switching to Ohio State University.[6][7]

Let’s not act like this qb is terrible.
Based on the lack of blocking, I don't know how anyone can judge how good he is.

No. There are great coaches out there, plenty of them. Look for the ones who may be interested in job. Mid major coaches that are looking to move up or major conference coaches at mid level in their conference.

Fick and Vrable are unlikely. Even though I like them I just don't think it would work. Fick will turn Wisconsin around soon though. Urban is a ridiculous thought as well. Locksley would be great but he likely will replace Saban in a couple years.

Matt Campbell from Iowa State. Did well at Toledo and doing well at Iowa State. Ohio guy. What could he do with a program that actually has resources?

Lane Kiffin. Like Day, he was given a top level position as his first HC spot. And like Day, he was a disaster. After failing at Tennessee and USC, Kiffin coached under Saban at Alabama for a few years, then found success at Florida Atlantic and now is leading Ole Miss to heights they have never seen. Next step is back to a major program.

Jason Candle. Doing well at Toledo. Might need a few years at a mid level major conference program though, before moving to a top level program.

My opinion so go ahead and attack it all you want. It doesn't change the fact that Day will never win jack at Ohio State.
Thanks...excellent summary. I had no plan on attacking it at all. Just was wondering if you had some candidates outside of the usual suspects...which you did. Im not a Day hater...but open if there is someone better.
Thanks

Need talent to win but I agree about Knowle however it took a NFL HC Hair ball 5 years before he found a really good DC 1st McDonald from the Ravens and now Minter.
Harbaugh was trying to be loyal to the 60+ year old veteran coaches. Don Brown was the worst DC in the history of football. But then he realized he couldn't go that route any more. So he hired younger coaches that related better with todays athletes as well as brought a modern approach to the game. That's what a smart head coach does. Pivots when need to. No pride, just humble. Hate on him all you want, but he is perfect for Michigan. And it shows. Go Blue!

Last edited:
Harbaugh was trying to be loyal to the 60+ year old veteran coaches. But then he realized he couldn't go that route any more. So he hired younger coaches that related better with todays athletes as well as brought a modern approach to the game. That's what a smart head coach does. Pivots when need to. No pride, just humble. Hate on him all you want, but he is perfect for Michigan. And it shows. Go Blue!
We might want to wait and see how the sign stealing scandal and the catapult crime turns out. Might be two programs that won by doing the wrong thing. If they violated the integrity of the game, there is nothing to brag about.

We might want to wait and see how the sign stealing scandal and the catapult crime turns out. Might be two programs that won by doing the wrong thing. If they violated the integrity of the game, there is nothing to brag about.
All to be determined. As long as due process takes place, if punishment is warranted, then punish.

Based on the lack of blocking, I don't know how anyone can judge how good he is.
Well, many have said not good enough. Even his head coach said he wasn’t ready. Why not? Who’s fault is that? Day lived thru the 2014 season and should know how important it is to have backup qbs ready.

Well, many have said not good enough. Even his head coach said he wasn’t ready. Why not? Who’s fault is that? Day lived thru the 2014 season and should know how important it is to have backup qbs ready.
Well he was a true freshman, who did not early enroll and did not play high school football in a state that is know for lots of football talent. Should we really expect him to be ready?

It was a freaking meaningless bowl game. Move on
Georgia players didn’t think so. Their commitment to football is why they’ve had their recent success. A better football culture than tOSU.
If the bowl games are meaningless, don’t accept the bid. Stay home and watch players and teams who want to play.
The only reason most schools accept bowl bids is the money. FSU sure looked bad. 26 in the portal and seven additional opt outs.

Some schools have a culture of team football, some have a culture of individual prepping for the nfl.

They had those cornflakes showers today in the middle of nowhere
Speaking of which, Cincinnati boys generally go to ND or BC. Why do Ignatius boys go to OSU. I thought Ignatius was a great academic institution.

OSU, the place where you don't play school

I believe I brought this up in the past

Was due process given to the two Michigan coaches fired? … and why did they fire them ?
Great question. I don't have the answer to it. I'm sure it's just a matter of time and everything will be made public. Stay tuned, as they say.

Was due process given to the two Michigan coaches fired? … and why did they fire them ?
Violatiions were proven. Punishment has to start somewhere.
Nov. 10: Big Ten suspends head coach Jim Harbaugh for the rest of the 2023 football regular season after it found Michigan "in violation of the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy for conducting an impermissible, in-person scouting operation over multiple years, resulting in an unfair competitive advantage that compromised the integrity of competition."

Violatiions were proven. Punishment has to start somewhere.
Nov. 10: Big Ten suspends head coach Jim Harbaugh for the rest of the 2023 football regular season after it found Michigan "in violation of the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy for conducting an impermissible, in-person scouting operation over multiple years, resulting in an unfair competitive advantage that compromised the integrity of competition."
The unknown: did Harbaugh or any assistant know anything about this. Did Stallion act all on his own. I know Harbaugh is responsible for his program, and punishment for conduct of an employee under him is warranted. He sat 6 games. And I will be the first to agree that if Harbaugh knew or was a part of it, he and Michigan will get and should get the death penalty. But until everything is revealed, Michigan's complete focus will be on Washington. And even if they strip them of everything, the kids will be victims and that is a shame. And I get other teams would be victims as well due to the potential of a Michigan cheating scandal. But not 1 player on that roster would deserve this. Anyways, on to Houston and Go Blue!

The unknown: did Harbaugh or any assistant know anything about this. Did Stallion act all on his own. I know Harbaugh is responsible for his program, and punishment for conduct of an employee under him is warranted. He sat 6 games. And I will be the first to agree that if Harbaugh knew or was a part of it, he and Michigan will get and should get the death penalty. But until everything is revealed, Michigan's complete focus will be on Washington. And even if they strip them of everything, the kids will be victims and that is a shame. And I get other teams would be victims as well due to the potential of a Michigan cheating scandal. But not 1 player on that roster would deserve this. Anyways, on to Houston and Go Blue!
The players were given an unfair advantage that made them look and play better than they actually are. Did some of them end up with a better draft spot and financial deal that was illegally earned. We agree. If Ohio State is guilty in the catapult scandal, they should be punished. Anything that flies directly in the face of the integrity of the game should be dealt with harshly. Knowingly breaking the rules to gain unfair advantage is inexcusable. As far as assistant coaches knowingly cheating:
Maybe Minter? See post #1473 in Ohio State Recruiting thread.

The players were given an unfair advantage that made them look and play better than they actually are. Did some of them end up with a better draft spot and financial deal that was illegally earned. We agree. If Ohio State is guilty in the catapult scandal, they should be punished. Anything that flies directly in the face of the integrity of the game should be dealt with harshly. Knowingly breaking the rules to gain unfair advantage is inexcusable. As far as assistant coaches knowingly cheating:
Maybe Minter? See post #1473 in Ohio State Recruiting thread.
I don't disagree. But I will say this: everyone has known that this was potentially going on with Michigan for awhile now. Since then they still are winning and beating good teams. On to Houston and bring the boa constrictor with them. Go Blue!

But I will say this: everyone has known that this was potentially going on with Michigan for awhile now.
How many more games and practices did Michigan get because of cheating? How many opt outs and player transfers was Michigan able to avoid because they were playing in play off games instead of a whatever bowl game? How many teams were cheated out of higher rankings and the possibility of being in the playoffs because of Michigan's cheating?
How many players have left early from other teams who didn't get a fair chance to beat Michigan and play for a conference championship? Has Michigan gotten to this point by honest sportsmanship or are they in this position due to cheating and defiling the integrity of the game. Why was their linebacker coach fired? Sign stealing.

Michigan fires LB coach Chris Partridge​

Michigan has fired linebackers coach Chris Partridge effective immediately, the school announced on Friday. Defensive analyst Rick Minter will step into an on-field role and serve as the team's linebackers coach moving forward. The school released a statement suggesting that Partridge's dismissal is tied to information obtained by the NCAA in its sign-stealing investigation that led to the three-game suspension of coach Jim Harbaugh.

"From the outset, our focus has been on seeking due process and allowing the NCAA to conduct a fair and deliberate investigation," the statement read. "Although the Big Ten has closed its investigation, we are continuing to cooperate with the NCAA as it moves forward with its ongoing investigation. Consistent with our commitment to integrity, we will continue to take the appropriate actions, including disciplinary measures, based on information we obtain. Earlier today, Michigan Athletics relieved Chris Partridge of his duties as a member of the Michigan Football staff. Due to employee privacy laws, we are unable to comment further."

How many more games and practices did Michigan get because of cheating? How many opt outs and player transfers was Michigan able to avoid because they were playing in play off games instead of a whatever bowl game? How many teams were cheated out of higher rankings and the possibility of being in the playoffs because of Michigan's cheating?
How many players have left early from other teams who didn't get a fair chance to beat Michigan and play for a conference championship? Has Michigan gotten to this point by honest sportsmanship or are they in this position due to cheating and defiling the integrity of the game. Why was their linebacker coach fired? Sign stealing.

Michigan fires LB coach Chris Partridge​

Michigan has fired linebackers coach Chris Partridge effective immediately, the school announced on Friday. Defensive analyst Rick Minter will step into an on-field role and serve as the team's linebackers coach moving forward. The school released a statement suggesting that Partridge's dismissal is tied to information obtained by the NCAA in its sign-stealing investigation that led to the three-game suspension of coach Jim Harbaugh.

"From the outset, our focus has been on seeking due process and allowing the NCAA to conduct a fair and deliberate investigation," the statement read. "Although the Big Ten has closed its investigation, we are continuing to cooperate with the NCAA as it moves forward with its ongoing investigation. Consistent with our commitment to integrity, we will continue to take the appropriate actions, including disciplinary measures, based on information we obtain. Earlier today, Michigan Athletics relieved Chris Partridge of his duties as a member of the Michigan Football staff. Due to employee privacy laws, we are unable to comment further."
On to Houston. Over and out!

The unknown: did Harbaugh or any assistant know anything about this. Did Stallion act all on his own.
I find hard to believe that a head coach allows a low level assistant stand next to his OC & DC with a chart of the other teams signals and not once did he ask for an explanation of how he got them … if you believe that is true … I have some land in Florida I can sell you … just one man’s opinion.

I find hard to believe that a head coach allows a low level assistant stand next to his OC & DC with a chart of the other teams signals and not once did he ask for an explanation of how he got them … if you believe that is true … I have some land in Florida I can sell you … just one man’s opinion.
Innocent UNTIL proven guilty. Let the process play out. Right now, it's all about the game in Houston and bringing the Natty to Ann Arbor. Go Blue!

On to Houston. Over and out!
Innocent UNTIL proven guilty. Let the process play out. Right now, it's all about the game in Houston and bringing the Natty to Ann Arbor. Go Blue!
Back in? It has already been proven.
Partridge's dismissal is tied to information obtained by the NCAA in its sign-stealing investigation that led to the three-game suspension of coach Jim Harbaugh.
The only thing left is for the NCAA final decision on the degree of punishment.

Back in? It has already been proven.

The only thing left is for the NCAA final decision on the degree of punishment.
Then I'll wait for that. So until then, it's not final. The only thing that matters as far as a final goes is the FINAL game of the year between 2 undefeated teams. And then the FINAL score that brings the Natty to Ann Arbor. Go Blue!

Then I'll wait for that. So until then, it's not final. The only thing that matters as far as a final goes is the FINAL game of the year between 2 undefeated teams. And then the FINAL score that brings the Natty to Ann Arbor. Go Blue!
Fair enough. Envy your enthusiasm and your opportunity to cheer for your team in a natty. Once the game is over, I would be a very nervous Michigan fan.

Fair enough. Envy your enthusiasm and your opportunity to cheer for your team in a natty. Once the game is over, I would be a very nervous Michigan fan.
Nope. Nothing I can do about it. I just let the chips fall.

Nope. Nothing I can do about it. I just let the chips fall.
Glad you are so cavalier about it. If Ohio State comes under such scrutiny, I would be concerned and disappointed. I would support punishment for guilty actions. I would still support Ohio State, but I would expect and want all guilty parties terminated.

Glad you are so cavalier about it. If Ohio State comes under such scrutiny, I would be concerned and disappointed. I would support punishment for guilty actions. I would still support Ohio State, but I would expect and want all guilty parties terminated.
Honestly, I think my lack of concern is more about my losing interest in college football. I have made it known that I hate: NIL, transfer portal, opt out/meaningless bowl games, super conferences, etc... I am becoming way more interested in just going to Friday night high school football. That is a true passion. I hate NFL free agency, and NIL is basically college free agency. Some transfer QBs are getting more money than some starting NFL QBs. Seriously. Not a fan of any of it.