Michigan vs Alabama

All "signs" point to a Michigan victory.
1701804299814.png

40-14 Alabama. Pulling for Michigan since theyre in the B10, but I think Alabama is one of those teams that got hot at the right time.

I'm stunned that the betting line is that. Is this Michigan team better than the last two years? I don't think so. Michigan's best win is against an Ohio State team that has a new QB, and offense was suspect all year.
For the history buffs, lets look back...
2022 - Michigan makes the playoffs for the first time. They play a Georgia team and are soundly beaten, I mean soundly. 27-3 at half, Michigan gets a garbage TD late in the 4th.
2023 - Michigan makes the playoffs again, coming off pounding Ohio State with CJ Stroud and NFL receivers all over the place. They play TCU in the first playoff game and no one gives the horned frogs a shot. Well, they didn't listen as they ripped a supposedly strong Michigan defense on the way to a 51-45 win.

I'll ask again...is this Michigan team as good as the last two? I don't think so. Alabama will roll the Wolverines. I'm looking at a 31-10 game. Milroe is the best QB Michigan will see this year, probably by miles. Michigan can run the ball, they can throw the ball. Michigan can run the ball, that's it. They won't be able to throw vs. Bama and McCartney will be running for his life.

McCarthy will need to be all-world. I don't think Michigan's tackles can consistently block the guys Bama will have coming off the edge, nor does Michigan have WR's that will be able to consistently get open.

I'd McCarthy struggles to make plays with his legs they'll get spanked IMO. Alabama is getting hot at the right time and Saban gets a month to play the underdog/nobody thinks we should be here card.

It would be silly to bet against Saban and his talented roster. But Michigan is a strong team, and they are definitely united against all the negativity. Maybe Connor Stallions worked the back channels and has given the coordinators they cheat codes they need? I'll say Michigan 23-21.

40-14 Alabama. Pulling for Michigan since theyre in the B10, but I think Alabama is one of those teams that got hot at the right time.
If everything is true about the cheating scandal, I can never root for Micheaters. What damage has their cheating caused to other programs during the cheating period? Games and opportunities lost? Possible recruits lost due to Michigan's ill gotten wins and bogus appearances in the play-offs. Preventing legitimate schools their rightful place in the BIG championship, stacking the deck against the western conference representative of having a fair shot of winning the game. The prestige and recruiting bump the deserving teams would have had because of Michigan cheating to take away their spot in the playoffs. These things cannot be undone. The NCAA needs to come down on Michigan and come down hard.

McCarthy will need to be all-world. I don't think Michigan's tackles can consistently block the guys Bama will have coming off the edge, nor does Michigan have WR's that will be able to consistently get open.

I'd McCarthy struggles to make plays with his legs they'll get spanked IMO. Alabama is getting hot at the right time and Saban gets a month to play the underdog/nobody thinks we should be here card.
McCarthy will look like chit in this game.

This Wolverine team is special. They have battled through a lot this year, including JJ McCarthy playing hurt after the Penn St. Game. Normally I hate the month off for teams. But this year Michigan will benefit. They will regroup emotionally from all the b.s. surrounding the program that as players they had nothing to do with any of it. They were emotionally spent at the end of the season. They also will be the healthiest they have been all year. This is a very galvanized, experienced, veteran football team. The have no holes. They will beat Bama and win the Natty. Go Blue!

Last edited:
Revisiting topic, I again see Bama with an edge because of line play, especially on defense. Michigan beat both PSU and OSU on the line of scrimmage, they will have to do it again to beat Bama.

1. Best team Harbaugh has had at Michigan
2. They have no holes. Although losing their best OL Zak Zinter vs. OSU. may hurt, but they are a very deep team.
3. This is a very experienced team with 20+ future NFL players on it.
4. JJ has been playing injured ever since the Penn St. game. The time off is huge for him and Michigan and adding him back into the run game will be tough on Bama.
5. This team is on a mission with MANY young men that had an opportunity to go to the NFL last year, but all wanted to come back together for this moment and to win the Natty. This is their time.
6. The Bama QB is a handful, especially in the run game. But what I like is that he holds the ball a long time. That will NOT work against this Wolverine defense. He will throw at least 2 picks and probably get hit a lot and fumble the football. That will be the difference.

7. I have no idea what the score will be, but Michigan wins and advances to the Natty.

Last edited: