McSurley out at Clinton Massie

Good news about the turf. Putting a team of this caliber on 15 year old turf would be immoral. Hopefully their community can ralley and get the track safe to run on.

They raised over $400,000 in 3 weeks and the board approved the new turf. Talk about a community coming together.
This is fantastic news that Clinton Massie will be playing their home games actually at home. That's really great.

But, from an outsider's prospective, I have a few questions......
How does this much money get raised in such a short period of time in a community that doesn't seem to have deep pockets?
Is McSurley definitely coming back..... not just in football capacity, but in the school?
Are any teachers in the district getting RIF'd?
What does the rest of the the big picture look like at Clinton Massie as a district? Are school buildings in good shape? Are teachers getting the materials they need? Are Curriculum resources up to date? Are there choices for students with regards to having a wide variety of high-quality electives? If the district is struggling in any of those areas, then the priorities are way out of whack out there.

But best of luck to CM this upcoming season, I'm going to try to get to a game this upcoming season as I love the style of football they play.

There are some very wealthy farmers in the district. 400k is pretty impressive I’ll give you that.

This is fantastic news that Clinton Massie will be playing their home games actually at home. That's really great.

But, from an outsider's prospective, I have a few questions......
How does this much money get raised in such a short period of time in a community that doesn't seem to have deep pockets?
Is McSurley definitely coming back..... not just in football capacity, but in the school?
Are any teachers in the district getting RIF'd?
What does the rest of the the big picture look like at Clinton Massie as a district? Are school buildings in good shape? Are teachers getting the materials they need? Are Curriculum resources up to date? Are there choices for students with regards to having a wide variety of high-quality electives? If the district is struggling in any of those areas, then the priorities are way out of whack out there.

But best of luck to CM this upcoming season, I'm going to try to get to a game this upcoming season as I love the style of football they play.
Great insight!

I can’t speak on all of your questions but I do know that the budget has tightened over there. I heard they were going to run another levy in the fall which obviously says they need money. The buildings are in great shape. It’s a fantastic looking campus. I know they are still offering some higher level classes. Open enrollment has shut down. As far as being out of whack! I don’t see anything wrong with the donations to the field. Everyone who donated were probably people who would vote yes to support the schools anyway. Now they just chose to do so in a larger way.

I can’t speak on all of your questions but I do know that the budget has tightened over there. I heard they were going to run another levy in the fall which obviously says they need money. The buildings are in great shape. It’s a fantastic looking campus. I know they are still offering some higher level classes. Open enrollment has shut down. As far as being out of whack! I don’t see anything wrong with the donations to the field. Everyone who donated were probably people who would vote yes to support the schools anyway. Now they just chose to do so in a larger way.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

I heard that the Clinton-Massie AD has been the workhorse for getting the 400,000 raised. I think he needs to get some credit for this. Look out for CM athletics. He is cleaning house and bringing in his guys as far as the coaching front goes. He’s a Clinton county guy who gets it and will do big things at CM if given the chance. #golow

I heard that the Clinton-Massie AD has been the workhorse for getting the 400,000 raised. I think he needs to get some credit for this. Look out for CM athletics. He is cleaning house and bringing in his guys as far as the coaching front goes. He’s a Clinton county guy who gets it and will do big things at CM if given the chance. #golow
I worry that not having any teaching openings is going to limit his applicant pool for the boys and girls basketball jobs.

when is the turf scheduled to go in? They would have to start within the next few weeks to have it ready for the start of the season right? i could be wrong, since they should already have the underlay done!

Let me get this straight? The turf money was privately raised in just a couple weeks, at the amount of almost half a million. The levy just failed that would have created the same amount. Do these people in this community leave in caves? Thank God they raised the funds for a safe playing surface for the children in their district. Hopefully they have the intelligence to finish their track surface and stop bankrupting the athletic department.

Yes, turf is scheduled for June 1st. The big booster golf outing is scheduled for July 20th. We are expecting to raise another substantial amount of money during that event. Just another step in the right direction for the 4 quarter drive. Massie Athletics are doing big things. We are so close to winning our first ever SBAAC all sport trophy. Spring sports continue your success and let’s bring home the gold! #golow

“Massie Athletics doing big things”…, what took so long and why are kids playing amd
Running on junk.

Wild that people pay taxes for a school district only to be hit up again for things that are common sense every 10 years.

Fire everybody

“Massie Athletics doing big things”…, what took so long and why are kids playing amd
Running on junk.

Wild that people pay taxes for a school district only to be hit up again for things that are common sense every 10 years.

Fire everybody
The people who need fired either recently left or keep getting voted in.

Happy for Massie for getting the turf fixed. Hope the community continues to support the school in all ways.

So is

McSurley in or out at Clinton Massie?​

Coach and his staff are back and happier than ever! The AD filled his promise of getting the football team new turf. And continues to bring in money for the 4 quarter drive! Exciting times at Clinton Massie! #golow