Lake Catholic player plays game with Swatiska on leg

What the hell?!

For the most part Lake Catholic is the receiving school for many students invited not to come back to the area public schools or students whose parents attended and are loyal to the brand. It is not well respected in the community and this behavior should come as no surprise; very ego-centric and simple minded population within the confines of Lake Catholic High School.

Kids will do stupid things, and this is one, but that mother should have removed her darling immediately rather than taking up for him against what sounds like a group of justifiably angry spectators.

Oh, and then they got destroyed by Orange. No surprise there.

For the most part Lake Catholic is the receiving school for many students invited not to come back to the area public schools or students whose parents attended and are loyal to the brand. It is not well respected in the community and this behavior should come as no surprise; very ego-centric and simple minded population within the confines of Lake Catholic High School.

Kids will do stupid things, and this is one, but that mother should have removed her darling immediately rather than taking up for him against what sounds like a group of justifiably angry spectators.

Oh, and then they got destroyed by Orange. No surprise there.
Disagree. LC has higher standards than the local public schools. You’re telling me a public school disinvited a student? That’s not how it works. LC has problems and always had problems mainly because they’re in Mentor. It is not a warm and friendly place for outsiders.

Disagree. LC has higher standards than the local public schools. You’re telling me a public school disinvited a student? That’s not how it works. LC has problems and always had problems mainly because they’re in Mentor. It is not a warm and friendly place for outsiders.
By disinvited I mean told to leave based on conduct - pretty hard to get kicked out of public schools today if you're not aware. Sure Lake Catholic has high standards....a few bucks for admission. Come on man.

And what do you mean by Mentor is not a "warm and friendly place for outsiders"? And to blame Lake Catholic's issues on Mentor is absurd, Lake Catholic is a private high school and therefore functions independently of the community; the school draws students from all over northeast Ohio.

This is not a Mentor problem but rather a mindset problem.

Out of curiosity - did this player just draw the swastika on his leg (like with a Sharpie) for this game or is this a permanent tattoo?

Just wondering if this was a one time thing (specifically done because of their opponent - known to be one of the largest Jewish populated school district) or if he's always had it on his leg.

Out of curiosity - did this player just draw the swastika on his leg (like with a Sharpie) for this game or is this a permanent tattoo?

Just wondering if this was a one time thing (specifically done because of their opponent - known to be one of the largest Jewish populated school district) or if he's always had it on his leg.
Customized art work specifically for the venue. Eye black as the medium......

Drawn/painted on, not a tattoo.

What a dumb A, I mean who in their right mind would sport a logo like that in an event where your school name is plastered across your chest. And what about the other players and coaches, they had to have seen this thing on his calf and said nothing other than trying to try and wash it off after it was called out. Very bad look for Lake Catholic.

Disgusting (not that it being a permanent tattoo would be any better, obviously).
It is, and kids will do stupid and disgusting things. What is perhaps more disturbing is that mom came to his defense versus grabbing him by the face mask and dragging him off the field. Further, and this is hearsay at this point, if there really were spectators in the Lake Catholic fan area yelling what is being reported then this is more than a kid making a stupid decision. The news traveled quickly last night and the report was consistent and unwavering as to what took place.

But hey, Lake has high standards, so....

His body.
His choice.

Can a girl who had an abortion be allowed to participate in sports?
That’s a dumb comparison. The can do what he wants to his body, but he’s not representing my school on the field.

Lake Catholic has many great families associated with the school. This type of behavior that is in the news has been going on at LC since its beginnings in the early 70s. Considering mom's response, it is not a surprise what this ignorant kid did. We will hear from LC again in the near future in this same type of damnable light.

By disinvited I mean told to leave based on conduct - pretty hard to get kicked out of public schools today if you're not aware. Sure Lake Catholic has high standards....a few bucks for admission. Come on man.

And what do you mean by Mentor is not a "warm and friendly place for outsiders"? And to blame Lake Catholic's issues on Mentor is absurd, Lake Catholic is a private high school and therefore functions independently of the community; the school draws students from all over northeast Ohio.

This is not a Mentor problem but rather a mindset problem.
Trust me, Mentor people have this opinion of themselves that their ? doesn’t stink. How many schools have a documentary on how awful their school district is?

This sounds like you have a private school hangup. As someone who grew up there, worked at GL mall in HS, and still has family back there Lake county hasn’t changed much.

Trust me, Mentor people have this opinion of themselves that their ? doesn’t stink. How many schools have a documentary on how awful their school district is?

This sounds like you have a private school hangup. As someone who grew up there, worked at GL mall in HS, and still has family back there Lake county hasn’t changed much.
Well, you figured me out. I'm an arrogant Lake County resident who is envious of those who can afford to send their children to fine institutions of learning and instruction like Lake Catholic High School and make a better life for themselves, while my unfortunate offspring will languish in the mean streets of Mentor, Ohio. I'm happy to see that you found the courage and means necessary to move on from this pit of despair. Are you one of the lucky ones who made it to the open pastures east? Perhaps Leroy or Thompson? Or, did you move to the thriving communities south of us in Columbus and now enjoy the manicured lawns and stepford community of New Albany? Either way, please remember us each year at the holidays when you have a little extra and your cup is overflowing....

There's no sidestepping that the documentary you posted illuminates a terrible series of events; heartbreaking loss and tragedy. This problem is not unique to Mentor High School however and bullying, as destructive as it is to the victim, is a human behavior, not a Mentor epidemic.

In my opinion, the issue of the player wearing the swastika is prominent for a variety of reasons. The school that the player is from, the fact that a parent came to his defense versus abruptly removing his misguided tail, and the fact that other Lake Catholic spectators were chanting antisemitic slurs. The actions of this Lake Catholic athlete cannot be made to be a Mentor or Lake County issue because Lake Catholic is a school that pulls students from all of northeast Ohio, and again, this player and his family do not reside in Mentor.

His body.
His choice.

Is that player Omar'd and banned from his alma mater?
I mended that fence. Also, it would be my choice as a school admin to not let him play. Nobody is saying he can’t get this tattoo, but if that’s how he chooses to express himself, I don’t want him to represent my school.

I’m anti woke, but this is disgusting. And maybe his beliefs have changed since he got the tattoo, good, but if he wants to represent the school, he needs to cover it up or remove it.

I mended that fence. Also, it would be my choice as a school admin to not let him play. Nobody is saying he can’t get this tattoo, but if that’s how he chooses to express himself, I don’t want him to represent my school.

I’m anti woke, but this is disgusting. And maybe his beliefs have changed since he got the tattoo, good, but if he wants to represent the school, he needs to cover it up or remove it.
People have said on this thread that it wasn't a tattoo, but a hand drawn swastika in eye black that was done seemingly for this game specifically. I assume as a way to try to get into the heads of the largely Jewish Orange High players. Which is still disgusting. I wonder if the lacrosse coach at LC noticed it at any point, however?

People have said on this thread that it wasn't a tattoo, but a hand drawn swastika in eye black that was done seemingly for this game specifically. I assume as a way to try to get into the heads of the largely Jewish Orange High players. Which is still disgusting. I wonder if the lacrosse coach at LC noticed it at any point, however?
His punishment should be having to get that hand-drawn, eye black swastika tattooed on his leg. ?

I’ll give the coach the benefit of the doubt abs assume he didn’t notice. I can’t imagine any school employee being ok with this.

I heard this unconfirmed version of what happened from a person associated with Lake Catholic.

Supposedly the kid put the swastika on during the course of the game and that is why the coach or other adults in the room didn't put the kibosh on it right away. (They were more focused on the task at hand which was coaching a game). It was premeditated and a point of emphasis was for him to stand in front of the Orange bench any time there was stoppage of play when on their bench side of the field, he wanted a strong reaction and a confrontation. Finally there were co-conspirators who were supposed to take part but got cold feat.

I heard this unconfirmed version of what happened from a person associated with Lake Catholic.

Supposedly the kid put the swastika on during the course of the game and that is why the coach or other adults in the room didn't put the kibosh on it right away. (They were more focused on the task at hand which was coaching a game). It was premeditated and a point of emphasis was for him to stand in front of the Orange bench any time there was stoppage of play when on their bench side of the field, he wanted a strong reaction and a confrontation. Finally there were co-conspirators who were supposed to take part but got cold feat.
Makes sense. Basically, you know you're going to get your butts kicked, so see if you can incite a fight from the opponents.