Harbaugh Leaves Ann Arbor

That really is a good narrative. Well done.
Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama
He even got a Guns n Rose's reference in, solid effort.

So here is another twist to the ongoing saga. Michigan hired Sherrone Moore today as the new head coach. And today the NCAA announces that Moore is under investigation for 2 different investigations:
There are currently two separate investigations being conducted by the NCAA into the Michigan football program. Offensive coordinator Sherrone Moore is set to be hired as the replacement for head coach Jim Harbaugh. Moore is a central figure in the first investigation and could potentially be involved in the second one as well. The second investigation concerns an illegal future scouting scheme carried out by staff member Connor Stalions, which could pose more significant problems. What an effing mess. I'm changing my avatar and walking. Bye bye college football. I'm so sick of this BS. And I am on record as an NIL hater. It's is ruining college football (IMHO). I will stick to HS football. Over and out on the college football forum. I'll see many on the HS football site.
HS sports are being ruined by all the transfer recruiting...then what are you going to do?

Bob99, why are you complaining about 22 and not being in Conference Title game?

OSU made the playoffs despite losing by 23 at home. Meanwhile, Bama lost 2 games on the road and on final play of game. OSU cheated Alabama a playoff spot. If we wanted 4 best teams, it was evident Alabama was better than OSU

Buckeyes were gifted a chance, snd still lost

Hail!
OSU took Georgia to a missed FG at the end of the game...not sure how it's evident Alabama was better or OSU didn't deserve it.

Very ironic. Typically those that cast that are the ones that have to look in the mirror.

I'm versed in thinking errors and cognitive skills. This isn't an issue at UM

My son's HS Coach had a motto that was DMGB

Doesn't matter. Get better

Hail!
I think you mean … DMIYCBTC… Doesn’t Matter. If you can’t beat them cheat.

The final death blow (personnel-wise) for Michigan’s future arrived this morning. Ben Herbert, the S&C coach credited with turning the culture around at Michigan and made the program what they are the last 3 years, informed the players he is leaving Ann Arbor and following Harbaugh.

Way to set up the program for failure, Jim!

The final death blow (personnel-wise) for Michigan’s future arrived this morning. Ben Herbert, the S&C coach credited with turning the culture around at Michigan and made the program what they are the last 3 years, informed the players he is leaving Ann Arbor and following Harbaugh.

Wow. Conventional wisdom was that he wouldn’t leave.

That’s on Warde Manual for refusing to match the offer. Manual is on the verge of being carried out of Ann Arbor by a mob carrying pitch forks and torches. currently.

That’s on Warde Manual for refusing to match the offer. Manual is on the verge of being carried out of Ann Arbor by a mob carrying pitch forks and torches. currently.
I’d probably find a good bit of blame for the guy currently gutting the infrastructure that built this program, but I’m just an outsider looking in.

Last edited:
Revisiting this now that some additional info has come out: Warde Manual already made Ben Herbert the highest paid S&C coach in college football at $1m (tied with Oklahoma State’s S&C coach) - the next closest is OSU’s at $884k. Harbaugh apparently is paying Herbert $1.75m - Manual would have been insane to pay him 75% more than the 2nd highest paid S&C coach.

Sounds an awful lot like Harbaugh gutting the program vs. Warde Manual not matching an offer to me. But again, I’m just an outsider.

Revisiting this now that some additional info has come out: Warde Manual already made Ben Herbert the highest paid S&C coach in college football at $1m (tied with Oklahoma State’s S&C coach) - the next closest is OSU’s at $884k. Harbaugh apparently is paying Herbert $1.75m - Manual would have been insane to pay him 75% more than the 2nd highest paid S&C coach.

Sounds an awful lot like Harbaugh gutting the program vs. Warde Manual not matching an offer to me. But again, I’m just an outsider.
I think I'm starting to like Harbaugh.

He also took his DC and SC with him to San Francisco from Stanford. So it’s not unprecedented for him to do This. Harbs is a strange dude and marches to the beat of his own drum.

Yikes?

Any school that has a coaching change now a days will be in the same boat as Michigan. You have to re-recruit your own roster while the wolves at the gates offer them huge piles of cash.

If you think OSU would somehow be an exception to this you are fooling yourself.

He also took his DC and SC with him to San Francisco from Stanford. So it’s not unprecedented for him to do This. Harbs is a strange dude and marches to the beat of his own drum.

Yikes?

Any school that has a coaching change now a days will be in the same boat as Michigan. You have to re-recruit your own roster while the wolves at the gates offer them huge piles of cash.

If you think OSU would somehow be an exception to this you are fooling yourself.
I mean there’s a huge difference between Stanford and Michigan for Jim. One his dad was a DC for 2 years when he was in high school and then coached at for 4 years; the other his dad was a positional coach at for 7 years during his formative years, spent 5 years at as QB, starting for 3 years, coached there for 8 years, and repeatedly called it his dream job.
He also, at least based on my research, didn’t make his Stanford S&C coach the highest paid NFL S&C coach.

And yes, yikes. Anytime a school has to put recruiting on the back burner, especially coming off the biggest year in modern history, is bad and deserves a yikes. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, this will negatively impact them. Michigan should be capitalizing on their success, instead they are going all in on just having a field-able roster next year.

No one is saying OSU, or any school, would be immune to this. That doesn’t magically make this a good thing for Michigan. This will be incredibly detrimental to a team that should be recruiting at an all time best. Pretty bad spin attempt.

from Toledo Blade: Apparently the latest ttun slogan is...."those who are champions will leave" *​

I mean there’s a huge difference between Stanford and Michigan for Jim. One his dad was a DC for 2 years when he was in high school and then coached at for 4 years; the other his dad was a positional coach at for 7 years during his formative years, spent 5 years at as QB, starting for 3 years, coached there for 8 years, and repeatedly called it his dream job.
He also, at least based on my research, didn’t make his Stanford S&C coach the highest paid NFL S&C coach.

And yes, yikes. Anytime a school has to put recruiting on the back burner, especially coming off the biggest year in modern history, is bad and deserves a yikes. Recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, this will negatively impact them. Michigan should be capitalizing on their success, instead they are going all in on just having a field-able roster next year.

No one is saying OSU, or any school, would be immune to this. That doesn’t magically make this a good thing for Michigan. This will be incredibly detrimental to a team that should be recruiting at an all time best. Pretty bad spin attempt.

A bad spin attempt? Says the guy who has a clear and well documented disdain for Harbaugh.

What exactly is your point in bringing up Jack Harbaugh’s coaching stop? You insinuating that Jim somehow owe’s it to Michigan to not offer an opportunity to one of his old staffers? I think that’s bull.

IThe university has chosen not to play the NIL game for HS recruits. That narrows down the level and quality of recruits significantly. Michigan isn’t going to capitalize on this title and it has zero to do with needing to halt recruiting due to a coaching change. It has everything to do with a regents level decision.

A bad spin attempt? Says the guy who has a clear and well documented disdain for Harbaugh.

What exactly is your point in bringing up Jack Harbaugh’s coaching stop? You insinuating that Jim somehow owe’s it to Michigan to not offer an opportunity to one of his old staffers? I think that’s bull.

IThe university has chosen not to play the NIL game for HS recruits. That narrows down the level and quality of recruits significantly. Michigan isn’t going to capitalize on this title and it has zero to do with needing to halt recruiting due to a coaching change. It has everything to do with a regents level decision.
I’d say downplaying the situation is a spin attempt, and yes it was a particularly bad one.

I thought it was painfully obvious I was highlighting the reasonable take that maybe Harbaugh would have a soft spot for Michigan given all his ties to it. It might be reasonable to also think given all the ties, he would not completely gut the program when, allegedly the only reason he left is he didn’t get immunity against punishment for something he allegedly had no part in. Lots of coaches leave the infrastructure for places they are fond of. For example, since you brought up Ohio State, Urban Meyer only took Ryan Stamper, a player personnel guy, when he went to Jax but left the rest of the infrastructure mostly intact including his prized S&C coach in Mickey Mariotti. He set up Ryan Day for success. Jim is setting up Moore for failure.

Instead, all this comes off as is Jim being petty and retaliating for the humiliation Warde Manual inflicted when Warde cut Jim’s salary and nearly fired him. Which I don’t blame Jim. But it’s hilarious to watch Michigan fans blame everyone but the guy ditching and gutting the program.

But you’re right, capitalizing on a national title on the recruiting trail wouldn’t help overcome the NIL deficiencies.

Last edited:
Ben Herbert isn’t even gone for 12 hours and Gaitlin Bair, who would have been Michigan’s highest ranked recruit, is now predicted to commit to Oregon. But it’s definitely only because NIL, not because the X factor (Michigan insiders words) in his recruitment was poached by the former HC this morning.

I’d say downplaying the situation is a spin attempt, and yes it was a particularly bad one.

I thought it was painfully obvious I was highlighting the reasonable take that maybe Harbaugh would have a soft spot for Michigan given all his ties to it. It might be reasonable to also think given all the ties, he would not completely gut the program when, allegedly the only reason he left is he didn’t get immunity against punishment for something he allegedly had no part in. Lots of coaches leave the infrastructure for places they are fond of. For example, since you brought up Ohio State, Urban Meyer only took Ryan Stamper, a player personnel guy, when he went to Jax but left the rest of the infrastructure mostly intact including his prized S&C coach in Mickey Mariotti. He set up Ryan Day for success. Jim is setting up Moore for failure.

Instead, all this comes off as is Jim being petty and retaliating for the humiliation Warde Manual inflicted when Warde cut Jim’s salary and nearly fired him. Which I don’t blame Jim. But it’s hilarious to watch Michigan fans blame everyone but the guy ditching and gutting the program.

But you’re right, capitalizing on a national title on the recruiting trail wouldn’t help overcome the NIL deficiencies.

When Urban retired he sat for a year before going to Jacksonville. Had he jumped right to the pro’s like Jim it’s unlikely OSU would have been able to keep the house intact. That time gap enabled Day to establish himself by winning big in year one.

Let me ask you something? How do you reel in top 150 talent without money upfront these days?

I think I'm starting to like Harbaugh.
Agreed. I contest cubsntigers claim that I have a clear and well documented dislike for Jim. He’s gutting the Michigan football team and leaving it for scarps. He’s Michigan’s worst enemy over the last 3 years.

Ben Herbert isn’t even gone for 12 hours and Gaitlin Bair, who would have been Michigan’s highest ranked recruit, is now predicted to commit to Oregon. But it’s definitely only because NIL, not because the X factor (Michigan insiders words) in his recruitment was poached by the former HC this morning.

He was never coming to Michigan to begin with.

When Urban retired he sat for a year before going to Jacksonville. Had he jumped right to the pro’s like Jim it’s unlikely OSU would have been able to keep the house intact. That time gap enabled Day to establish himself by winning big in year one.

Let me ask you something? How do you reel in top 150 talent without money upfront these days?
Thats a lot of speculation on your part.

Ask Michigan - they were favored to land Bair until Herbert left and landed 4 other players in the top 150 this year.

There’s no way you know that lol

He already passed on Michigan once for Boise State. Didn’t open it back up until Boise sacked the coach.

Besides if you are a top 100 WR where are you going to sign? Oregon where you’ll get the ball a ton or Michigan where you’ll get it once or twice a game tops.

He already passed on Michigan once for Boise State. Didn’t open it back up until Boise sacked the coach.

Besides if you are a top 100 WR where are you going to sign? Oregon where you’ll get the ball a ton or Michigan where you’ll get it once or twice a game tops.
His home state school? Yes, it makes sense he was open to Michigan now that the staff at his home state school was let go.

The school that just won a national championship and has had 3 WRs drafted in the last 4 years vs. Oregon’s 0 sounds interesting to me.

Michigan currently has two top 150 players if both of them stick.

Two top one hundred players for a school coming off a historic three year run. Pitiful
They have 4 going by the 247Composite. Jordan Marshall #81, Jayden Davis #93, Andrew Sprauge #117 and Brady Prieskorn #121

Edit: On3’s Industry ranking (their version of the 247Composite ranking) actually has them at 7 top 150 recruits.