General NFL Chat

And the Steelers don't have a QB.

Neither do your beloved Browns…..but your Browns do have $63.9 mil in cap space each of the next 3 years tied up to one Deshaun Watson. Plus the Browns have one more year of no 1st round draft pick.

At least you got Ken Dorsey as your OC. He’s got to be a better OC than a NFL starting qb.

You can dust off your #11 Dorsey jersey and wear it with pride in 2024!

Last edited:
Neither do your beloved Browns…..but your Browns do have $63.9 mil in cap space each of the next 3 years tied up to one Deshaun Watson. Plus the Browns have one more year of no 1st round draft pick.

At least you got Ken Dorsey as your OC. He’s got to be a better OC than a NFL starting qb.

You can dust off your #11 Dorsey jersey and wear it with pride in 2024!
If Watson is healthy next year, the Browns go to the playoffs and maybe make a nice run.

If he isn't, well, they made the playoffs this year without him most of the season.

If Watson is healthy next year, the Browns go to the playoffs and maybe make a nice run.

If he isn't, well, they made the playoffs this year without him most of the season.

I hope Watson is healthy. Since his move to Cleveland his play has been…….I hope he is healthy.

Last edited:
Lamar taking it on the chin from Ravens fan network.

Jackson, for all his regular season and divisional-round success, struggled mightily against Kansas City's complex defensive alignments. The loss, his fourth in the playoffs since being named a starting quarterback in 2018, gave Baltimore one ugly truth that they will have to weigh during another championship-less offseason:

Jackson just isn't good enough to win when it matters most.

Reactions: y2h

Jackson, for all his regular season and divisional-round success, struggled mightily against Kansas City's complex defensive alignments. The loss, his fourth in the playoffs since being named a starting quarterback in 2018, gave Baltimore one ugly truth that they will have to weigh during another championship-less offseason:

Jackson is a hip hoppin', rappin', jivey QB.

Discuss.

Nah.

This loss is squarely on the play caller. The leading rushing team in the NFL decided to hand the ball to RBs 6 times total the whole game. All season those RB hand-offs led to:
- good yardage
- allowing Lamar to option keep the ball for big yards on the ground
- open up the passing game

Why they decided to call plays for the AFC Championship as if Lamar was Dan Marino is beyond me. They just kept having him drop back. Almost every play. Crazy. This is where the blame belongs.

4.21 40, best NFL Combine time to date, today. Xavier someone or another…

It doesn’t matter, though, because he’ll certainly be gone by the time the Browns have a remaining pick to spend. Thanks DeShaun, thanks Andrew Berry, DePo the stealth shmo

4.21 40, best NFL Combine time to date, today. Xavier someone or another…

It doesn’t matter, though, because he’ll certainly be gone by the time the Browns have a remaining pick to spend. Thanks DeShaun, thanks Andrew Berry, DePo the stealth shmo
Xavier Worthy, Texas Wr... but the scouting report on him

In his career, he had 197 catches for 2,755 yards and 26 touchdowns. Worthy's bugaboos have been his small frame (he's only 160 pounds) and his drop issues, but game-breaking speed like his could outweigh those negatives.

I'd rather have a slower receiver who can actually catch the ball. In the past, the Browns have been plagued with speedy receivers who cannot hold onto the ball. Now, he'll probably break every receiving record in the NFL and catch the winning pass in five Super Bowls.

Xavier Worthy, Texas Wr... but the scouting report on him

In his career, he had 197 catches for 2,755 yards and 26 touchdowns. Worthy's bugaboos have been his small frame (he's only 160 pounds) and his drop issues, but game-breaking speed like his could outweigh those negatives.

I'd rather have a slower receiver who can actually catch the ball. In the past, the Browns have been plagued with speedy receivers who cannot hold onto the ball. Now, he'll probably break every receiving record in the NFL and catch the winning pass in five Super Bowls.
Every arrogant coach is still going to dream of completing the next Tyreke Hill, though - or GM, of finding him. Cool sour grapes, just the same #AllFan ;)

There are a few putting Trey Lance as the 2nd QB picked, ahead of Fields. Zach Wilson also gets some mention of possibly being #2 behind Lawrence.
Personally, see Fields going second depending upon whoever picks second is ok with Fields style of play
Funny to read this almost 4 years later. (Oct 2020)

Just remember folks, when you see these free agent signings, the #1 team for each player is their bank account. They can say all they want about being on a certain team/ city, but green always wins. And there's nothing wrong with that, but you just have to understand it's dangerous to get too close to players on your team, it is temporary.

THRILLED with what the Titans have done in free agency, you can rebuild fast in the NFL.

I think the Calvin Ridley contract is horrible: 4 years for $92 million with $50 million fully guaranteed.

Granted the Titans have no talent at wr but with a qb room of Will Levis, Mason Rudolph & Milik Willis making a total of $6.2 mil against the cap this year - go after oline. Also Tony Pollard is a downgrade from Derrick Henry.

Unless Levis improves immensely I think the Titans are a 4 or 5 win team.

I think the Calvin Ridley contract is horrible: 4 years for $92 million with $50 million fully guaranteed.

Granted the Titans have no talent at wr but with a qb room of Will Levis, Mason Rudolph & Milik Willis making a total of $6.2 mil against the cap this year - go after oline. Also Tony Pollard is a downgrade from Derrick Henry.

Unless Levis improves immensely I think the Titans are a 4 or 5 win team.
D'Andre Hopkins is still a top 15-20 receiver. And I think you have to be a Titans fan to understand. This is as much about a difference in offensive philosophy. Titans are getting away from pound the rock, play action pass, which as great as Henry was - that's the offense. Of course Pollard isn't Derrick Henry from a career standpoint, but that's not the point. With RB's Pollard and Spears, you have two plug and play, pass / run more 50/50 type offense. As new coach Brian Callahan said, today's NFL is pass first, throwing the ball has become the default option. I have no idea at this point if Will Levis is the guy, I'd kind of hoped they'd go get a proven vet. I do like that Rudolph is in the room and if Levis gets hurt or falls flat, Rudolph I feel can run the team and win some games. He was the Steelers most productive QB last season. Titans have also made upgrades in the O line - a big need, and secondary. You say 4-5 wins, I'd say at this point I'm thinking 8+. Time will tell.

Nah.

This loss is squarely on the play caller. The leading rushing team in the NFL decided to hand the ball to RBs 6 times total the whole game. All season those RB hand-offs led to:
- good yardage
- allowing Lamar to option keep the ball for big yards on the ground
- open up the passing game

Why they decided to call plays for the AFC Championship as if Lamar was Dan Marino is beyond me. They just kept having him drop back. Almost every play. Crazy. This is where the blame belongs.
Lamar Jackson sucks. He's a glorified RB.