General NFL Chat

The AFC is far tougher now than it was 2 years ago. If Burrow is healthy, as he was in the stretch wk 6-9 and beat Seattle, SF & Buffalo - the Bengals were as good as anyone in the league. Injuries (Burrow being the biggest), attrition and lack of depth did them in. The Bengals D is not the same as 3 years ago and starting next year they have the weight of Burrow’s contract hitting the team cap.

Your view in Williams - it’s a simple math problem. His productivity is not worth what he is paid nor the draft capital they used to acquire him. Williams play is closer to the LG Cordel Volson (4th rd pick) than the production of a top 10 pick such as Ja’Marr Chase. Yes the Bengals hit it out of the park in picking Burrow & Chase but you can not miss as poorly on a top 10 pick as they did with Williams.
They drafted him and they have him, nothing they can do about that now. They upgraded at LT and bumped him to RT. Given what was available in the FA market last year, it was a very lean OL FA market, his 5th year $12m option was by far the best choice.

In one drive, maybe the most important one of the game, Zay Flowers:
1) Gets a penalty for taunting after a long pass reception moving the ball back from the 10 to the 25;
2) While diving into the end zone to possibly make it a 3 point game fumbles the ball;
3) Cuts his hand slamming it into the bench in frustration.

Zay is the knucklehead of the day.

Last edited:
1) Gets a penalty for taunting after a long pass reception moving the ball back from the 10 to the 25;
2) While diving into the end zone to possibly make it a 3 point game fumbles the ball;
3) Cuts his hand slamming it into the bench on frustration.

Dumb bass.

Baltimore will never win it all with Lamar. Their window is slamming shut after this performance
Did Lamar fumble the football before the goal line? The interception was bad but Mahomes is not exactly lighting it up either. Too many mistakes by Baltimore, turnovers and penalties. Defense wins championships and both defenses have been great.

Campbell strikes me more of an Ed Orgeron type. I suspect he’s not much more than a motivator being propped up by outstanding Assts. That can work, as long as he can keep his ego in check and continue to make good hires.

49ers defense has been awful, and Mr. Irrelevant is playing like Mr. Irrelevant. Expect the 49ers though to storm back and make a game out of this too much talent not to. The Lions are great ex. of what can happen if you draft well, Bengals draft Myles Murphy, Lions say thank you and draft Sam LaPorta.

choke GIF by Cody Simpson
Did the Browns replace the Lions for the second half?

Low IQ incidents cost both the Ravens and the Lions today. That tough guy ish has to give way to common sense. Take the points when you can! Don’t make dumb unsportsmanlike conduct calls.

Why the F wouldn’t you tie the game there?
That was a big one, but in the middle of the third when you had a chance to really put pressure in the 49ers by going back up by 3 scores you decide to go for a low percentage 4th down? My wife thought I was nuts declaring that the turning point of the game the moment that happened, but from that point on it always felt they would lose and San Fran would win. Leaving 6 points on the field is just silly.

3) Cuts his hand slamming it into the bench in frustration.

And yet he'll get little of the blame for the loss.

I've never been as bewildered by a team that wasn't the Browns in a game.

How do you not kick the field goal to tie it? And then your defense gives up a TD like it's nothing on the very next drive. You get the FG, you amp up your defense and I think they hold there. Instead of letting them move the ball so easily.

The Lions were the dog that finally caught the car. They didn't know what to do with themselves up 24-7 and staring at a Super Bowl just 30 minutes away.