Elder vs. Oak Hills

I forgot about Harmelling. Is he still playing? At one point I thought he was returning kicks?
Yes, but he fumbled a KO vs Ville X and hasn’t returned kicks since. Frankly, I think it’s a bad coaching decision because they don’t get much from the current kick returners. That said, I don’t have all the info.

The Elder DB's aren't terrible.

They are just Elder DB's.

The exact same type of DB's Elder has had for the past 100 years.

Most of the time of the time they play well. But their lack of great speed and athletic ability gets exposed when they are left all alone and forced to make plays. Ramsey knows this. Currin knows this. We all know this.
They’re Elder DBs, which isn’t good. And if we all know this, why do so many of you bristle at the thought of adding more non feeder athletes? I’m not saying give them a full ride, but find a way to get them interested in Elder. It’s insanely frustrating to see the same exact issues end Elder’s season every yr. It’s even more irritating to have half this board act surprised when it does happen.

This isn’t 2002 or 2003, Football isn’t played bw the hashes. The days of I Formation Power Football and big lumbering Defensive players are over. And Elder could get by with the DL and even LBs they have. The biggest issues are in the Secondary. OH’s WRs are nothing special and they were cooking Elder’s DBs all night.

Last edited:
I wonder why they don't see if some of the faster guys like Thamann or Harmeling can play CB.
Harmeling did play CB as a Frosh. Again, just my opinion not knowing all the facts, the staff made a big mistake not involving him in the Offense this yr. He carried the JV Offense last yr.

Thamann is too short to be Corner and he’s their best RB at this point. But again, they really need to find an every Down Back to carry the work load next yr.

Harmeling did play CB as a Frosh. Again, just my opinion not knowing all the facts, the staff made a big mistake not involving him in the Offense this yr. He carried the JV Offense last yr.

Thamann is too short to be Corner and he’s their best RB at this point. But again, they really need to find an every Down Back to carry the work load next yr.
Yeah I guess Thamann is pretty short. It's really a shame Harmeling doesn't get playing time. Doesn't make much sense. Could use his speed on both sides

Yeah I guess Thamann is pretty short. It's really a shame Harmeling doesn't get playing time. Doesn't make much sense. Could use his speed on both sides
I agree, but again, I don’t have all the facts. I hope he’s back next yr and part of the Offense. Speaking of kids focusing on 1 sport, Cam Williams would’ve been an excellent CB if he stuck with football.

And if we all know this, why do so many of you bristle at the thought of adding more non feeder athletes? I’m not saying give them a full ride, but find a way to get them interested in Elder. It’s insanely frustrating to see the same exact issues end Elder’s season every yr. It’s even more irritating to have half this board act surprised when it does happen.
No one "bristles" about adding non-feeder athletes. This is absolute nonsense and you sound like Trey. Give me ONE example of "bristling"?

Non-feeder school kids have been playing at Elder for years and years. Hell, this defense alone has Arnold, Stallmeyer, and Uran. Add to that, two of the starting offensive linemen are OH transfers and non-feeder school players. Two promising QB's in the freshman class are non-feeder school athletes. They have been embraced.

We ALL wish even more would attend.

No one "bristles" about adding non-feeder athletes. This is absolute nonsense and you sound like Trey. Give me ONE example of "bristling"?

Non-feeder school kids have been playing at Elder for years and years. Hell, this defense alone has Arnold, Stallmeyer, and Uran. Add to that, two of the starting offensive linemen are OH transfers and non-feeder school players. Two promising QB's in the freshman class are non-feeder school athletes. They have been embraced.

Absolutely. If they have an interest in Elder and want to be part of a great school they are definitely welcome.

Arnold went to Victory fyi. Stallmeyer has Elder legacy as his dad is a grad.

Absolutely. If they have an interest in Elder and want to be part of a great school they are definitely welcome.

Arnold went to Victory fyi. Stallmeyer has Elder legacy as his dad is a grad.
Got it. You are right. For some reason, I thought Arnold moved over from N Ky.

Uran has to be at Corner, leaving tonight’s CBs on an island was a disaster. On OH’s final play, 88 totally shook an Elder DB and was open, but the QB didn’t see him.

Also, how many 3rd & 10+ did the D give up? 5? They stepped up in the Red Zone, but OH is a bad Offense. Not a good performance by them.
what is wrong with the OH offense? other than imploding on a couple of drives with the 3rd string QB they moved the ball pretty easily? did the qb not run enough for it to be good?

jtk
()

I’m not making that up, go back to thread after last yr’s West game. I also constantly have to remind these people, I don’t want to give athletes, regardless of where they come from, a full ride. We’ve seen how that practice has been exploited and damaged other schools.

what is wrong with the OH offense? other than imploding on a couple of drives with the 3rd string QB they moved the ball pretty easily? did the qb not run enough for it to be good?

jtk
()
The WRs, OL and QB aren’t very good. Also, the fact the 3rd string QB moved the ball is a bad sign for Elder.

I don't know why people need to be reminded of these simple facts so often.

The WRs, OL and QB aren’t very good. Also, the fact the 3rd string QB moved the ball is a bad sign for Elder.
the OL played great tonight? and like qb, the wr room has been decimated by injury. hopefully the next time they play both teams are at full strength. i wasn't at the game tonight to see it live, but the stream was pretty good and i noticed the bad offense moving the ball at will. no punts, a missed opportunity on fg, and a bad int in the red zone.

jtk
()

jtk
()
Qb run killed Elder. Their DL could not stay in their rush lanes and left holes behind them that the QB exploited. Pretty impressive performance by the kid considering he was playing defense a few weeks ago, from what I was told. Little gun shy after throwing the INT in the 3rd Qtr which hurt OH chances. Elder defense bent several times but ultimately didn't break enough.

Maybe this might be a dumb question to ask, but just curios of the starters on O and D, where did they all attend grade school? Think it would be kind of fun to see where eveyone came from

the OL played great tonight? and like qb, the wr room has been decimated by injury. hopefully the next time they play both teams are at full strength. i wasn't at the game tonight to see it live, but the stream was pretty good and i noticed the bad offense moving the ball at will. no punts, a missed opportunity on fg, and a bad int in the red zone.

jtk
()
You’re confirming my point, the bad OH Offense moved the ball at Will vs a bad Elder Defense. Elder’s Defense is bad.

On the play before, Doug was mad at Brass for not putting more air under the ball and giving Mirus a chance.

Brass adjusted and Mirus came down with an ugly ball. Huge play in the game.
That ball probably should have gone to Murphy on that play, as he's wide open running to the corner. Luckily for Elder, Mirus made a heck of an adjustment and catch.

Qb run killed Elder. Their DL could not stay in their rush lanes and left holes behind them that the QB exploited. Pretty impressive performance by the kid considering he was playing defense a few weeks ago, from what I was told. Little gun shy after throwing the INT in the 3rd Qtr which hurt OH chances. Elder defense bent several times but ultimately didn't break enough.
They bent way too much. OH never punted. It was not a good game from the Defense.

yes, he has played well, and yes he was on defense all season. im not sure what omar thinks good offense is? i guess you have to have great players at all positions and he doesn't look at the scheme?

jtk
()

You’re confirming my point, the bad OH Offense moved the ball at Will vs a bad Elder Defense. Elder’s Defense is bad.
if they stay, wait til you see the speed OH has coming up lol. their fastest was hurt all year and the frosh and 8th grade have athletes.

jtk
()

Completely false.

if they stay, wait til you see the speed OH has coming up lol. their fastest was hurt all year and the frosh and 8th grade have athletes.

jtk
()
Ok. Not sure what that has to do with this year’s Varsity Offense being below average.

yes, he has played well, and yes he was on defense all season. im not sure what omar thinks good offense is? i guess you have to have great players at all positions and he doesn't look at the scheme?

jtk
()
Of course I’m talking about the personnel and not the scheme. Where did I ever say the play calling was bad? The fact is, they don’t have the players to execute.

Completely false.
Can’t tell if it’s sarcasm. Maybe it’s just me, but after 20 yrs without winning a title, maybe it would be worth understanding why that is? They literally lose the same way almost every year and you’ve got these idiots on here that act shocked their DBs couldn’t cover a D1 WR in man or that their WRs couldn’t create separation vs D1 DBs or that their RB couldn’t break off big runs past the second level.

You could swap Brass for the Oak Hills QB and the results would have been the same. The difference in the game was the size and strengthe difference of the lines.

You could swap Brass for the Oak Hills QB and the results would have been the same. The difference in the game was the size and strengthe difference of the lines.
I don’t agree with the QB swap, but the skill talent is about equal. Neither team is really any good.