Elder vs. Oak Hills

I don’t enjoy being critical
Yes you do, it is what you do best. You are a professional whiner.
but I have no idea how any rational fan can feel good about the way the D has performed.
Most rational fans realize these are kids doing the best they can. They are playing a GAME they love and for most the next one will probably be the last they play.

Oak Hills is not a very good football team, but Elder is not an explosive team. Elder did what they do. Moving on to Lakota West, Elder will need to tighten up the defense and continue what they've been doing on offense. The running lanes will shrink a bit and the coverage will be tighter. Elder will need to adjust and play at a higher level to come out on top.

Yes you do, it is what you do best. You are a professional whiner.

Most rational fans realize these are kids doing the best they can. They are playing a GAME they love and for most the next one will probably be the last they play.
Then maybe find away to get more players who won’t have their careers end in HS? Literally 1-2 players at the right positions would totally alter how good this team is. Elder has so many resources, this “scrappy underdog” ethos needs to go. It’s so corny and lame.

I know the players are doing their best. I never doubted the effort, even in the Chatard game, they still played hard. However, that’s not enough of a reason to feel confident they can perform vs West.

Last edited:
Oak Hills is not a very good football team, but Elder is not an explosive team. Elder did what they do. Moving on to Lakota West, Elder will need to tighten up the defense and continue what they've been doing on offense. The running lanes will shrink a bit and the coverage will be tighter. Elder will need to adjust and play at a higher level to come out on top.
You make the mistake of assuming that bc a kid is playing, he’s healthy. The reality is pretty much everyone on D is playing below 100%.

LW has some big backs. They will need all hands on deck to stop the LW offensive attack.
The one thing that gives Elder a tiny chance, is that West isn’t a great passing team. If they put pressure on the West QB maybe they create a turnover or 2.