Elder vs. Lakota West

West might be the slightly better team, but Elder let this one get away unfortunately. It's going to be a Moeller vs. West or Princeton R4 final. Mason has 0 chance of beating Moeller with Marshall playing.
One of the weakest iterations of R4 I've ever seen. I would expect Moeller to take the Region - shame Mason pulled the upset as I would have liked to have seen Milford match up with Moe.

I'm not sure what R2 has, but I would bet that's the Semifinal matchup for R4. If so, the other Semifinal between likely Ed's and either GL or PN is IMO the de facto Championship Game.

Someone from LW said they’re required to do it for both teams when hosting a playoff game.

My thought is that they should do it for neither.
There’s no reason to do it at all. It’s not cool, you just screw with everyone’s vision.

As others have said LW had better football players and a better team.

I could nit-pick a few areas (the 10+ yard cushion Elder DB's provided and allowing LW to run over the weak side again and again without adjusting) but in the end LW deserves to move on and Elder deserves to be done.

Thank you, players and coaches, for your dedication and sacrifice. Seniors, for the past four years you have poured your heart and bodies into Elder Football and we all appreciate it. Altiora!
Say what you mean to say, don’t be passive aggressive.

Agree with that. X is walking through the GCL the next 2 years. Elder loses a good senior class. Moeller will not be the same without Marshall.
2 years ago, it felt ok Elder ending their season getting blasted by X. It’s never good to lose to X, much less get blown out, but it felt like there was something to build on going into the future. Now, it feels like it’s just going to be 6-4/5-5 with a relatively early playoff exit on repeat for the foreseeable future.

2 years ago, it felt ok Elder ending their season getting blasted by X. It’s never good to lose to X, much less get blown out, but it felt like there was something to build on going into the future. Now, it feels like it’s just going to be 6-4/5-5 with a relatively early playoff exit on repeat for the foreseeable future.

If Estep is as good as everyone says, he gives Elder a chance. QB1 is the single most important position on the field. That gives Elder hope.

One of the weakest iterations of R4 I've ever seen. I would expect Moeller to take the Region - shame Mason pulled the upset as I would have liked to have seen Milford match up with Moe.

I'm not sure what R2 has, but I would bet that's the Semifinal matchup for R4. If so, the other Semifinal between likely Ed's and either GL or PN is IMO the de facto Championship Game.

It seems that way. It seems several programs have stepped up around the city. Talent might be getting spread around more resulting in less super teams in R4 right now. Just a thought.

I have to tip my hat off to Elder’s players and staff. They gave my Firebirds some fits in that first half. Though I will say I was pretty impressed with the offense from LW. They put the defense on their backs for that first half which hasn’t been the case all season. That Brass kid is legit. Threw for 200 yards against that LW secondary.

Will the Mirus kid return? And any word on his health? That hit looked concerning. He’s a great ball player.
He's a senior, but he did return to the game after he went out. He was the intended receiver on LW's interception in the end zone.

He's a senior, but he did return to the game after he went out. He was the intended receiver on LW's interception in the end zone.
Summers was also out, that’s why they had a kid wearing #80 playing Corner. Depth matters at this level, the physical grind takes it toll on everyone

It seems that way. It seems several programs have stepped up around the city. Talent might be getting spread around more resulting in less super teams in R4 right now. Just a thought.
There’s not a juggernaut like some of the Colerain teams in the 2010s. To match that level of talent, you’d have to combine West & Princeton into an all star team. At the same time, it’s going to be harder to advance in the playoffs.

That's Donte Shavers. He's listed on the roster as a WR.
That’s kind of my point, they were down to their 3rd string at Corner. In addition to losing their best WR and having multiple other key starters playing hurt. It was a bad luck season overall. However, there’s still structural issues that will keep Elder from winning the Region.

And you have to be concerned about how much longer Ramsey wants to coach. He’s said himself, he’s at the end of his career. He’s the best HC in school history, there’s no guarantee his successor can meet the standard he’s set. I don’t think they’ll ever just plummet into the depths of hell like Colerain, but after 25+ years, change at that level is always scary.

Last edited:
As others have said LW had better football players and a better team.

I could nit-pick a few areas (the 10+ yard cushion Elder DB's provided and allowing LW to run over the weak side again and again without adjusting) but in the end LW deserves to move on and Elder deserves to be done.

Thank you, players and coaches, for your dedication and sacrifice. Seniors, for the past four years you have poured your heart and bodies into Elder Football and we all appreciate it. Altiora!

I was watching the game online with my wife and I told her:

Watch this play. West just sent 2 players in motion, they are going to run to the opposite side.

And almost ever time they did Elder had no one on the weak side of the field.

Watch this play. West just sent 2 players in motion, they are going to run to the opposite side.

That’s because Elder tried to hide their weakest tackling corners on the short side.

That’s because Elder tried to hide their weakest tackling corners on the short side.

Where was Uran in the 1st quarter? They had the fastest kid on their team on the sideline. I didn't understand that strategy. They could have used him at RB if they were not going to use him on defense.

Where was Uran in the 1st quarter? They had the fastest kid on their team on the sideline. I didn't understand that strategy. They could have used him at RB if they were not going to use him on defense.
He was playing LB/S.

That’s kind of my point, they were down to their 3rd string at Corner. In addition to losing their best WR and having multiple other key starters playing hurt. It was a bad luck season overall. However, there’s still structural issues that will keep Elder from winning the Region.

And you have to be concerned about how much longer Ramsey wants to coach. He’s said himself, he’s at the end of his career. He’s the best HC in school history, there’s no guarantee his successor can meet the standard he’s set. I don’t think they’ll ever just plummet into the depths of hell like Colerain, but after 25+ years, change at that level is always scary.
My guess is Peyton will be the next HC if he wants it. I bet it happens within 3 years.

Over and over again.

I must say that after sitting on it for 24 hours, the music before the game was awful. Why did they need to have such foul language?
It was something. The ironic part is that if some parent complained about it to the Lakota School board it would be shut down in a heartbeat. The whole district is about avoiding bad publicity.