Elder vs. Lakota West

Did Moeller let them score and Moe took the bait?
The Springfield staff can’t do basic math. Inside the Moe 10, 1st & Goal 2+ mins left, no TOs, you just take a knee 4 times, game over. They score, and stupidly go for 2 to make it a 9 pt game. They fail the conversion, give Moe the ball back with 2 mins left

Was actually shocked to see it took Pboy until after noon today to comment on Moeller losing. Springfield is their kryptonite I guess. Sounds like Marshall got hurt at some point last night which sucks.

I was rooting for Moeller because I'm a proud member of the GCL brotherhood.

I even carry a membership card in my wallet.
Pretty g*y. These Moeller people don’t respect Elder, you simping for their approval is absurd

While I don't believe that the GCL-S is a brotherhood, I generally prefer the other GCL-S teams to do well in the postseason after Elder has been eliminated unless they or their fans have ticked me off that season for some reason. One such example this year was Moe's halfback option pass when the game was well in hand. Ramsey was 15 yards onto the field while they were still celebrating in the end zone; he was yelling and pointing at the Moe sideline. I believe this was his 27th year as head coach; he knows the unwritten rules of GCL-S football better than anyone else, be it coach or fan.
Why do I prefer the other GCL-S teams to do well in the postseason? Well, the mountain man Del Gue (with an "e") observed, "Amongst Injuns . . . a tribe's greatness is figured on how mighty its enemies be." I take the same approach with sports generally, not just on the high school level.
I know I am in the distinct minority on this one.

While I don't believe that the GCL-S is a brotherhood, I generally prefer the other GCL-S teams to do well in the postseason after Elder has been eliminated unless they or their fans have ticked me off that season for some reason. One such example this year was Moe's halfback option pass when the game was well in hand. Ramsey was 15 yards onto the field while they were still celebrating in the end zone; he was yelling and pointing at the Moe sideline. I believe this was his 27th year as head coach; he knows the unwritten rules of GCL-S football better than anyone else, be it coach or fan.
Why do I prefer the other GCL-S teams to do well in the postseason? Well, the mountain man Del Gue (with an "e") observed, "Amongst Injuns . . . a tribe's greatness is figured on how mighty its enemies be." I take the same approach with sports generally, not just on the high school level.
The HB pass was to get the running clock going. Elder did a bad job defending it.

I could root for Moeller, X, and Lasalle, but when their head coach pulled that crap against Elder in the regular season, I have been rooting against them every game. It happened finally, and that is what you call karma. The Cohen guy with all of his overzealous antics make it hard to root for them also.

The Springfield staff can’t do basic math. Inside the Moe 10, 1st & Goal 2+ mins left, no TOs, you just take a knee 4 times, game over. They score, and stupidly go for 2 to make it a 9 pt game. They fail the conversion, give Moe the ball back with 2 mins left

The Springfield coach is now in the state finals for 3 straight years. I would say he is a pretty darn good coach.

Ed Orgeron and Larry Coker were HC for 2 of the greatest college football teams in the modern era. Both totally inept.

He also played in the NFL for several seasons, and he picked up film study from Mike Singletary. He may not be a genius, but he played the game at the highest level learning from some of the best and his team is in the Division 1 state finals for the 3rd season in a row. That is very impressive for a public school or any school.