Countdown to the Elder game

Well gobluetom i assume you are either an X guy or Michigan but either way I feel sorry for you this yr/

now onto LS and Fleming. I have maintained for years he will never win a GCL title the way he coaches like a hockey coach. Other coaches and knowledgable bball people around all laugh at the way he is. The kids frankly hate the way he is and thats why sooooo many quit each yr.

I said way back months ago LS would win alot of games this yr period. They have the 2 best players in the GCL how do you not win. Then you combine that with Elder being way down and riddled with injuries and X being way down for the 1st time in 10 yrs they have to win at least 3-3 against these big schools. The schedule is set up for 8-0 against the bums and then 2-2 in Fla and you are 15-5.

No matter who is coaching that has to happen unless Danny Mc or Crawford would get hurt.

If you had attended games over the last several yrs you would see everyones frustration with winning inside the big 4. His record is awful, absolutely awful.

I dont believe a cheap shot comment is warranted when my stance for years has not changed, I believe Goedde or any young solid coach would be a better fit at LS, but with the good ole boys network and the scheduling each yr he will never get fired. If he didnt get fired over the Orth incident and the Alter incident he will never get fired.

With that being said, I also stated this type of team with only 7 good players is the perfect team for him. He cant play bad players cause they all quit. When he only has 7 players then he is forced to play the best players the whole game like other coaches and his chances of winning goes way up.

If you go to games you know what I am speaking of. Watching the best players shuttle in and out each yr like yo yo's and we lose to bad teams cause our bench gets crushed and our best players are sitting.

This yr he cant do that.......he cant put Tillett in he has no eligibiltiy left.

I could not have said it better.

But we still have not played 1 decent team, Bacon is a small school we are supposed to beat them every yr.

Give me a solid win against a good D1 team and then I will jump on the bandwagon

MWEBER, Moeller may be the only team who will fit your criteria on our schedule.
GCLSOUTH, our Lancers will go 4-0 in FL, not 2-2. Book it and lock it!

MWEBER, Moeller may be the only team who will fit your criteria on our schedule.
GCLSOUTH, our Lancers will go 4-0 in FL, not 2-2. Book it and lock it!

I dont think they will go 4 and 0 in that tournament Mr Red & White. Kingdom of the Sun is one of the premier high school Christmas tournys in the country and they will have to play pretty d*** good to win it again. Last time they were there they had to play #11 in the country Columbia (who is in it again) and played the best sophmore in the country (I dont know who he played for so i dont know if he is in it again). The time they won before that they had to beat Dwight Howards team the year he went on to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Hopefully this young team will be ready for this type of competition and can defend the title but it is going to be one tough road.

I was at La Salle tonight and there are eleven players listed on the varsity roster and all eleven played. I don't see what you're talking about. Fleming subbed four and five players at a time like he usually does and substituted freely througthout the game.

Amen brother, but why let the facts get in the way of a beef with the head coach. If others are saying Fleming is only playing 7, it must be a fact, CORRECT, LOL:laugh:

I dont think they will go 4 and 0 in that tournament Mr Red & White. Kingdom of the Sun is one of the premier high school Christmas tournys in the country and they will have to play pretty d*** good to win it again. Last time they were there they had to play #11 in the country Columbia (who is in it again) and played the best sophmore in the country (I dont know who he played for so i dont know if he is in it again). The time they won before that they had to beat Dwight Howards team the year he went on to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft. Hopefully this young team will be ready for this type of competition and can defend the title but it is going to be one tough road.

I guess I overlooked Columbia. Goergia has five classes with 5A the biggest. Columbia won the 4A state title last year for the second time in the last three years. If we make it that far, we wouldn't play them until the finals on Tuesday. We beat them in 2006 for the title 63-57 and they won the title in 2005 but not 2007.

Well to both of you I have been to every LS game this yr and that could not be further from the truth
D Mac and Crawford almost never come out unless foul trouble or gasping for air
Woeste, Kummer,Fleming, Huesman, Neel play regularly

Gibbs plays about 2 minutes a game

AND NO ONE ELSE EVER GETS IN OTHER THEN the 20/20 rule

Huesman really does not play much so its really 6 guys.

So anyone saying he runs 4 or 5 in at a time is FLAT IGNORANT!!!!!!

2nd Red and white your 4-0 prediction is already gone due to stupid travel , you never travel the day of the game all that way, main reason why we lost to an inferior team by 3 people I have spoke with already.

The other guys on the bench are Kessler, Grippa, Claytor never play unless 20/20, they do not put them in a real game like yrs past he would.

GOblue you should go to a game first before you defend someone and how and who are playing.

In the past 10 guys would get 10 minutes a game, this yr 2 guys get 28 min , 4 guys get 25 and 1 gets about 10-12.

Its completely different and the main reason LS is winning

It looks like GCL is correct and red white and blue are wrong

Box score in Fla shows Grippa and Gibbs played less then 2 min each

6 guys took every shot, took every ft, and got every rebound and played almost every min
1 guy play some Huesman but did not take a shot but played some

Sounds like GCL is correct no 10 guys shuttling in and out of this game

6 play majority of the minutes and 1 played some. Thats normal bball not flem style of the past just like he said

Well to both of you I have been to every LS game this yr and that could not be further from the truth
D Mac and Crawford almost never come out unless foul trouble or gasping for air
Woeste, Kummer,Fleming, Huesman, Neel play regularly

Gibbs plays about 2 minutes a game

AND NO ONE ELSE EVER GETS IN OTHER THEN the 20/20 rule

Huesman really does not play much so its really 6 guys.

So anyone saying he runs 4 or 5 in at a time is FLAT IGNORANT!!!!!!

GCLSOUTH, I was at the Hamilton game, and I can say I saw Flem substitute five guys at once and four guys at once. At this game, Crawford played 18 of the 32 minutes, McElroy played only half the minutes 16 of 32. I have the stat sheet here which shows the minutes for each player. Woeste (24m), Neel (20m), Fleming (20m), and Kummer (23m) all played more minutes than McElroy or Crawford. Huesman (8m.), Gibbs (8m.), Grippa (8m.), and Kessler (9m.) all played the equivalent of one quarter.

Hamilton game dont count we were up 40 the whole game.

We are not talking about BLOWOUT games! We are talking about real games.

Like the 2 in Fla and the Oak Hills game, Elder game

The real games, come Red White you are better then that.

Of course when you are up 40 against Hamilton and a friend coaches the other team the coach is going to play everyone to try and keep the score down. Heck I was there we held the ball the whole 4th qtr cause Flem did not want to score 100 on his buddy from Hamilton.

Were you at the Oak Hills, Bacon, and Elder games, are you in Fla

Those are the real games and he is NOT playing like a crazy man in those games cause he knows his bench stinks.

Mweber this is why I did not respond, it didnt make sense.

Thats like saying XU subs crazy cause when they played Po Dunk U they were up 50 and everyone played 10 minutes.

The example does not hold water, anyone who goes to games knows he is coaching different this yr and more normal then ever which is helping the team. You have to give him credit for that.

If he put Claytor, Grippa, Gibbs, and huesman in the game consistantly they would lose every game.

I bow to the superior basketball knowledge of MWEBER and GCLSOUTH. I am not being sarcastic here. I mean it as a compliment to the basketball knowledge of you guys. No, I was not at any of the other games before Hamilton.

Heusmann plays a decent amount it just doesnt show cause he is in there for defense and doesnt shot alot, and he didnt play much in the hamilton blow out cause he was sick and left the game early. As for grippa, kessler and claytor the 20/20 applies.

Well gobluetom i assume you are either an X guy or Michigan but either way I feel sorry for you this yr/

now onto LS and Fleming. I have maintained for years he will never win a GCL title the way he coaches like a hockey coach. Other coaches and knowledgable bball people around all laugh at the way he is. The kids frankly hate the way he is and thats why sooooo many quit each yr.

I said way back months ago LS would win alot of games this yr period. They have the 2 best players in the GCL how do you not win. Then you combine that with Elder being way down and riddled with injuries and X being way down for the 1st time in 10 yrs they have to win at least 3-3 against these big schools. The schedule is set up for 8-0 against the bums and then 2-2 in Fla and you are 15-5.

No matter who is coaching that has to happen unless Danny Mc or Crawford would get hurt.

If you had attended games over the last several yrs you would see everyones frustration with winning inside the big 4. His record is awful, absolutely awful.

I dont believe a cheap shot comment is warranted when my stance for years has not changed, I believe Goedde or any young solid coach would be a better fit at LS, but with the good ole boys network and the scheduling each yr he will never get fired. If he didnt get fired over the Orth incident and the Alter incident he will never get fired.

With that being said, I also stated this type of team with only 7 good players is the perfect team for him. He cant play bad players cause they all quit. When he only has 7 players then he is forced to play the best players the whole game like other coaches and his chances of winning goes way up.

If you go to games you know what I am speaking of. Watching the best players shuttle in and out each yr like yo yo's and we lose to bad teams cause our bench gets crushed and our best players are sitting.

This yr he cant do that.......he cant put Tillett in he has no eligibiltiy left.

Wow, a blast from the past. Fleming will never win GCL LOL. 112-17 in the 5 years since this post with 4 GCL titles and ANOTHER state championship. This get the award for the worst Yappi post of all time.

Wow, a blast from the past. Fleming will never win GCL LOL. 112-17 in the 5 years since this post with 4 GCL titles and ANOTHER state championship. This get the award for the worst Yappi post of all time.

Updated totals. This year's team is 10-1 so far. 122-18 since the worst post in Yappi history.

I wonder if this poster still wants Fleming fired , LOL

Why are so many of you obsessed with the Elder/LS game? You have St. X tomorrow who just defeated Elder in 2OT. I presume LS would not be 6-0 if they couldn't defend the run, but Elder and X have a well established run attack, mixed in with some great passing plays.

Why are so many of you obsessed with the Elder/LS game? You have St. X tomorrow who just defeated Elder in 2OT. I presume LS would not be 6-0 if they couldn't defend the run, but Elder and X have a well established run attack, mixed in with some great passing plays.

Check the dates BB. This is an old thread and there is no obsession here.

Check the dates BB. This is an old thread and there is no obsession here.

I see, dating back to 2008. That must have been posted in 2010 when they entered the Elder game at 9-0 and the Panthers ruined it all before X kicked them out of the playoffs the following week.

Here it is! LaSalle (8-1) vs Elder (6-3). Will LaSalle win and share a 3-way tie for the GCL title or will Elder play spoiler...again...like in 2010 and spoil it for LaSalle? Although LaSalle won a share of the GCL in 2010, this time they have a chance to lose it. Elder needs a win to help their seed in the playoffs. A loss may still keep Elder in the playoffs, as they may have enough points, but a win will secure it.

Who will win?