Countdown to the Elder game

Countdown to the Elder game is now down to three days.

La Salle may win this game but they will want nothing to do with the Panthers when tournament time comes around (you know, the time of year LaSalle players and coaches generally give up on each other :laugh: ).

This guy may want to desperately believe Elder will get better as the season progresses. Actually they have gone in the opposite direction.

In week one against Sycamore, they shot 34.7% fg, 20% 3pt.fg, and 50%ft

In week two against Purcell-Marian the downward slide took off 30% fg, 9% 3pt.g, and an awful 39% ft. Oh my!

Last edited:
No, I'm sure he TOOK a well deserved beating there as well! :laugh:

PantherVOR you talk more sh** than anyone. I guarantee you never played one minute of a varsity sport (unless of course you count bit**ing on the sideline a sport.) So shut the he11 up and go back to price hill where you belong. Nobody cares about last years loss. It was a bad game for LaSalle and if you remember correctly Elder won the first game only becuse of a last second prayer that went in. So enjoy your latest win because you will lose by at least 20 Friday night.

P.S. Ill see you at McDonalds after the game Friday! hahahhah:D

Elder is fast becoming like St. X, mouthing off about how great they are, then making excuses when they lose. Makes beating them that much better!

A school with a 22% bigger enrollment loses a starter to injury and another guy doesn't come out and suddenly they can't compete with the smaller school . The real disaster is they lose to a school 77% smaller than them without those two. Makes you want to cry, doesn't it?

Dude, your school scored 18....18! In basketball. :shrug:

Countdown to the Elder game is now down to three days.

This guy may want to desperately believe Elder will get better as the season progresses. Actually they have gone in the opposite direction.

In week one against Sycamore, they shot 34.7% fg, 20% 3pt.fg, and 50%ft

In week two against Purcell-Marian the downward slide took off 30% fg, 9% 3pt.g, and an awful 39% ft. Oh my!

Leave it to a Lasalle guy to think 1 game equals a trend. You better hope it is, 18.

PantherVOR you talk more sh** than anyone. I guarantee you never played one minute of a varsity sport (unless of course you count bit**ing on the sideline a sport.) So shut the he11 up and go back to price hill where you belong. Nobody cares about last years loss. It was a bad game for LaSalle and if you remember correctly Elder won the first game only becuse of a last second prayer that went in. So enjoy your latest win because you will lose by at least 20 Friday night.

P.S. Ill see you at McDonalds after the game Friday! hahahhah:D

Huh? Did you read the thread opener? Sheesh...Lasalle guys can't get anything right. :confused: :shrug:

We are now six days away from the Elder game at La Salle next Friday. Anyone notice Elder was beaten at the Pit last night by a Purcell-Marian team picked to finish last in the GCLC by the coaches. Can we gain revenge on Elder for the 70-18 beatdown the last time we played them? Stay tuned, Lancers!

Countdown to the game is down to two days.

Leave it to Elder to claw their way back. After two games with miserable shooting, the Panthers shot the lights out against the Oakies at the Pit. Watch out! Elder will be back in the city's top ten as usual soon.

Field goals 17-32 for 53.1%
Free throws 24-30 for 80%

We beat Oak Hills by 16 (68-52) without the two best scorers playing.
Elder beats Oak Hills by eleven (60-49) with Oak Hills missing players back.

There can be little doubt Friday's game will be a dog fight and anyone's game.

Huh? Did you read the thread opener? Sheesh...Lasalle guys can't get anything right. :confused: :shrug:

Didn't you lose your 'panther card' when you moved to the freakin' Eastside and started drinking wine, eating brie, and shopping at Kenwood Mall?

:stirthepot:

miss you on the debate board EP.

Not trying to stir anything up, but hasn't Elder beaten LaSalle 10 straight times in basketball?

Dude, your school scored 18....18! In basketball. :shrug:

:laugh:

I wonder if any Ohio girls high school teams scored so few points in a basketball game last year.

Heck, 71-18 would be a major embarrassment in football, in basketball it's off the charts.

:laugh:

I wonder if any Ohio girls high school teams scored so few points in a basketball game last year.

Bad analogy. There are plenty of even more lopsided scores in girls bball. Many where the losing team is in single digits.

Heck, 71-18 would be a major embarrassment in football, in basketball it's off the charts.

Not gonna disagree with you there...

Bad analogy. There are plenty of even more lopsided scores in girls bball. Many where the losing team is in single digits.

Not gonna disagree with you there...

Mr. Dale,

I just want you to know that I would have never even brought this game up if I hadn't stumbled upon this thread. But if some jerk off LaSalle poster is going to talk about gaining revenge for it, especially if they think they are going to get it because Elder is down at this point in the season, well then I've got to have a little fun with it. I'm sorry to insult good posters like you but I'm sure you'll understand.

With that being said scoring below 20 points is reserved for the worst of girls high school teams, you've got to admit that. :D

I'm now done with this thread and I promise never to bring up the game in question again! :laugh:

Mr. Dale,

I just want you to know that I would have never even brought this game up if I hadn't stumbled upon this thread. But if some jerk off LaSalle poster is going to talk about gaining revenge for it, especially if they think they are going to get it because Elder is down at this point in the season, well then I've got to have a little fun with it. I'm sorry to insult good posters like you but I'm sure you'll understand.

With that being said scoring below 20 points is reserved for the worst of girls high school teams, you've got to admit that. :D

I'm now done with this thread and I promise never to bring up the game in question again! :laugh:

No problem. No offense taken. BTW, its Norm. I too, enjoy the civil discussions yet have found myself gettin' a little heated by "jerk offs", too.

As for scoring 18 in a game, that doesn't mean that they were horrible. They just had a "forgettably horrible" night.

I will try to find a ticket to Cady Court with my name on it so I can witness this one for myself. Glad to see both sides get fired up for a GCL-S game... even though one side may have won 10 times in a row... (I don't know about that)

I think the last LS team to beat Elder was Orr's Senior year. That's 8 straight I think. Unless Elder beat us in the tourney. Don't recall that.

Of course Elder beat us in the Tourney 35 years ago and I'm still hacked about that. LS could beat Elder by 100 on Fri and it wouldn't avenge that one.

I think the last LS team to beat Elder was Orr's Senior year. That's 8 straight I think. Unless Elder beat us in the tourney. Don't recall that.

Of course Elder beat us in the Tourney 35 years ago and I'm still hacked about that. LS could beat Elder by 100 on Fri and it wouldn't avenge that one.

From what I can find, that went into OT and was Elder's only win that year over the Lancers. But it won them the district. And four wins later, Elder won its 2nd consecutive state title.

I can understand your disdain.

From what I can find, that went into OT and was Elder's only win that year over the Lancers. But it won them the district. And four wins later, Elder won its 2nd consecutive state title.

I can understand your disdain.

It was Elder's only win over LS during their back to back state title runs. They won 2 straight state championships and NO GCL titles during that run. And they were 1-4 v the Lancers. But I think Lancermania can tell you a story of an Elder team that was headed to state in '67 that met up with a below .500 Lancer team that sent them home. We all have good stories of the LS/Elder rivalry..... some nice fights too. The Infamous McDonalds Battle and the Dayton fight in '80 are but 2 of the great ones. HOW did the OHSAA decide to put the LS and Elder cheering blocks NEXT TO EACH OTHER that night?

That 1967 team had three big men who got grants in aid to Xavier U. That's right. XU recruited three guys from the same team.

The team had a regular season mark of 7-11, 6-8 in the GCL which at that time had eight teams in it including Newport Catholic and McNicholas. Lancers finished 5th out of the 8 team. Elder won the GCL with a 10-2 mark.
Elder easily beat La Salle twice during the regular season.

When it came time for the tournament, our Lancers finally had everyone healthy. We beat McNicholas in the opening round of the tournament while Elder easily handled Taft 65-47 setting up a second round game with La Salle.

The first quarter ended in a hard fought 15-15 tie. The Elder student section was rocking figuring the Lancers would soon fade. The opposite happened. Our Lancers outscored Elder 10-5 in the second quarter to take a 25-20 halftime lead. Third quarter got worse for the Panthers as we outscored them 14-6. Last quarter was a shootout as the Panters tried to claw their way back into it. It was not to be as La Salle won the 4th quarter 26-21 and the game 65-47. That may be the most lopsided tournament loss against La Salle for Elder. I'll never forget that night. There wasn't a peep coming from the Elder student section as La Salle pulled away. They were shellshocked that night.

Last edited:
La Salle is on an 0-8 run against Elder. The last time we beat them was twice during the 19-1 2003-2004 regular season. Here are the scores.

2004-2005
Elder 52 - La Salle 45
Elder 65 - La Salle 63

2005-2006
Elder 65-40
Elder 61-58

2006-2007
Elder 63-52
Elder 65-55

2007-2008
Elder 54-52
Elder 71-18

Countdown is now down to one day.

In Elder's Tuesday's big win over Oak Hills, the offensive load was carried by football players who will only get better as time goes on. Wide receiver Josh Jones scored 11, Shelby Chidemo scored 11, Tony Milano scored 9, and Tony Viox scored 13 with 7 rebounds. Contrast Elder's basketball roster loaded with football players to La Salle's roster. Are any football players major contributors to the our team?

Last edited:
Gimme a pair of white high top Chuck's Norm. I'm ready. I got 10 good trips up and down the floor. I won't score but I can set a he!! of a pick!!!!!