Competitive balance

Are you a mental case? I listed 4 teams above. I could do a full list which i did in another post but you cant read schools names. Here is partial one.
Eds, X, Moeller, Ursuline, TCC, Hoban , St. V, Glenville, Walsh, Lake Catholic, and Massillon. All recruit and get away with it. So they all should beat each other up.
Been dying of laughter at this list all day...lake catholic lmfao

I'd say DI is least impacted by CB due to the fact that the schools are big enough that it really does not matter. The big public schools at least have a chance. At the lower divisions it is tough for a DIII public to compete against Central which has a DI roster not only in talent but also in depth (major factor). 220 boys and 100 play football with 10 or so DI kids. Does not happen by chance.
You just clearly have an axe to grind with TCC. When theyre in 2 they struggle to get past Avon. Plenty of recent years where the best of the Chardon/Aurora/Kenston trio couldve beaten em too just not this year. Trotwood got the best of them multiple times. Im guessing your real problem is nobody in the Toledo area can beat them

I also really wish we would kill this narrative that the big publics have some mythical chance because a lot of boys walk the halls. Elyria, in fact, does not have a chance but still has to take that ride to Lakewood every year week 11. D1 playoffs are a joke and absolutely watered down.

You just clearly have an axe to grind with TCC. When theyre in 2 they struggle to get past Avon. Plenty of recent years where the best of the Chardon/Aurora/Kenston trio couldve beaten em too just not this year. Trotwood got the best of them multiple times. Im guessing your real problem is nobody in the Toledo area can beat them
Of course I have an axe to grind. I watch the local dying Catholic school poach the best athletes from the local publics with taxpayer funded athletic scholarships while taking few others. They understand what a good football (and to a lessor degree basketball) team does for revenue.

BTW they were grossly outcoached in those games. Especially the Avon games.
I also really wish we would kill this narrative that the big publics have some mythical chance because a lot of boys walk the halls. Elyria, in fact, does not have a chance but still has to take that ride to Lakewood every year week 11. D1 playoffs are a joke and absolutely watered down.
There is still a huge advantage for the Big Catholics but the publics have a better chance. Pick Central, Springfield, Toledo Whitmer, Mentor, Colerain, Lakota West, Pick North, Upper Arlington, Hilliard Davidson have all had success over the past 15 years competing against the big Catholics than their public counterparts in DIII.

A public DIII does not have a chance (at least shouldn't) against CC's 100 man roster and DI kids all over the field.

Of course I have an axe to grind. I watch the local dying Catholic school poach the best athletes from the local publics with taxpayer funded athletic scholarships while taking few others. They understand what a good football (and to a lessor degree basketball) team does for revenue.

BTW they were grossly outcoached in those games. Especially the Avon games.

There is still a huge advantage for the Big Catholics but the publics have a better chance. Pick Central, Springfield, Toledo Whitmer, Mentor, Colerain, Lakota West, Pick North, Upper Arlington, Hilliard Davidson have all had success over the past 15 years competing against the big Catholics than their public counterparts in DIII.

A public DIII does not have a chance (at least shouldn't) against CC's 100 man roster and DI kids all over the field.
So many sour grapes but regardless Public d3 Kenston, Chardon (multiple), Canfield and Aurora all have state championships in the past 15 years. Was TCC d2 that whole time?

Avon was also the better team in 18 and 10000% the better team in 2021 but that doesnt fit your narrative. I watched TCC get handled by an okay Benedictine team. That season was actually a great coaching job by Dempsey to get them from where they were when I saw them to an OT game against Avon.

Last edited:
Its funny how the teams that benefit from cheating have a problem having to actually compete with someone on their same level. What are they so scared of. They attack anyone who thinks having the same teams crush everyone with a college team practically in a division every year due to recruiting (cheating) is just fine. Then they cry and boo hoo like its some injustice if someone thinks they should have to move up a division after winning or playing in 3 state championships in a row like the whole world would end if they actually played someone close to their talent level.

So many sour grapes but regardless Public d3 Kenston, Chardon (multiple), Canfield and Aurora all have state championships in the past 15 years. Was TCC d2 that whole time?

Avon was also the better team in 18 and 10000% the better team in 2021 but that doesnt fit your narrative. I watched TCC get handled by an okay Benedictine team. That season was actually a great coaching job by Dempsey to get them from where they were when I saw them to an OT game against Avon.
You love playing the victim TCC fans when they roll out as many d-1 players on their roster as any team in the state. I guess all those players just magically passed the entrance exam for the school and ended up at TCC without any recruiting. You should be in d-1 and arguing it is silly.

You love playing the victim TCC fans when they roll out as many d-1 players on their roster as any team in the state. I guess all those players just magically passed the entrance exam for the school and ended up at TCC without any recruiting. You should be in d-1 and arguing it is silly.
You dont know the definition of playing the victim" lmao Im not a TCC fan put them wherever IDGAF. What I said was true though. All those publics have won in the past 15 years and public Avon has had the better team on multiple occasions.

Also might want to do research on the DCC before you say theyre scared of competition

“magically passed the entrance exam” WTF 😂😂😂 my son is no magician and he passed the entrance exam at Gilmour and attended GA grades 7 and 8 and passed entrance exams at Bene, Hoban, and St. Edward. These young men are student athletes and your stereotypes are hilarious 😭😭😭

Last edited:
You dont know the definition of playing the victim" lmao Im not a TCC fan put them wherever IDGAF. What I said was true though. All those publics have won in the past 15 years and public Avon has had the better team on multiple occasions.

Also might want to do research on the DCC before you say theyre scared of competition
Its easy to schedule hard in regular season for TCC, Glenville and Massillon when you know the state playoffs will be a joke until the finals where you have ten time the talent level of your competition. The playoffs until the semi finals or finals is like playing jv games for these teams.

Agreed on all points, slightly disagree if you’re saying the DCC is really tough, seems solid for sure. But your point is valid, no one in NW Ohio would play TCC so they joined the most competitive league they could.

Its easy to schedule hard in regular season for TCC, Glenville and Massillon when you know the state playoffs will be a joke until the finals where you have ten time the talent level of your competition. The playoffs until the semi finals or finals is like playing jv games for these teams.
2023 was TCC’s first season in D3. And there’s validity to the idea that Glenville and Massillon don’t play tough comp in the postseason until the state semi’s. I agree with that.

Yeah the schools who play Dematha and IMG are petrified of competition lol

“magically passed the entrance exam” WTF 😂😂😂 my son is no magician and he passed the entrance exam at Gilmour and attended GA grades 7 and 8 and passed entrance exams at Bebe, Hoban, and St. Edward. These young men are student athletes and your stereotypes are hilarious 😭😭😭
Whewww. These folks so far gone they think the average kid who "runs fast" cant pass the entrance exam at a private school...

Yeah and they will be regional contenders this year in D4. Still doesnt mean we put them in the same division as Eds because invader03 thinks theyre cheaters lol
If Gilmour wins like 3 state titles out of a 5 years time period, they should get bumped up a division.

"Metrics" and "prejudices" are not synonyms.

You got public schools with fewer than 10% reading at grade level and you're bitching about accountability from a private school?
If public school have to be accountibel, then why not privates who take public voucher dollars

"Metrics" and "prejudices" are not synonyms.
220 boys. 100 play football. D1 kids all over the place. 15 kids in band. Maybe. Without CB D4. It is an extreme outlier.
You got public schools with fewer than 10% reading at grade level and you're bitching about accountability from a private school?
You keep dodging. I'm bitching about a so called private entity taking my tax dollars with no accountability at all. Not even 10%.

220 boys. 100 play football. D1 kids all over the place. 15 kids in band. Maybe. Without CB D4. It is an extreme outlier.
Why is that a problem? You'd prefer those kids stay at Rogers, Start, or whatever POS Toledo public school still has their doors open? How would those kids benefit from that?

So maybe TCC offers these kids one thing that's attractive and perhaps beneficial to them. That's one more than a TPS school offers, no?

I'm bitching about a so called private entity taking my tax dollars with no accountability at all. Not even 10%.
Horse crap. You're bitching because you're filled with resentment. You wouldn't care a whit if a kid transferred from, say, Perrysburg to a Toledo school, even though by all available metrics (we can use that word, too) it is a grossly inferior educational institution.

Since it's clear that quality of education isn't your concern, what is? Tell the truth, now.