Coaching Changes

I know you are specifically talking about HS coaches but the list of people who stay at a single job for 15 plus years is declining in every field of life. IF a school can get a good coach for 3-4 years they would take it and then look for another good one. It's the way it works.
Completely agree. It’s sad that good coaches can’t come and get some time to build a long term program. Now you’re hoping to have 1 big year in 3-4 years and then they’re gone for a variety of reasons !

Their new guy has a few more final 4 appearances than coach Carter;) Although Carter would have been a great choice as well.
Carter would be a good choice but unless he lets the athletes focus on the winter sport is will be more of the same. If schools want multiple sport success they have to force some coaches to stay away from athletes for a period so they can focus on their in season sport.

Kyle Bostater is the new head coach at Evergreen replacing the retiring Jerry Keifer. He's a former head coach at Delta and Edon and was the jv coach at Liberty Center this past season.

Matt McCullough is the new head coach at Upper Scioto Valley. He was an assistant at USV this season and has head coaching experience at Riverdale and Kenton.

Last edited:
Columbian grad, but certainly interesting to switch schools in the same conference.
Certainly interesting to get a guy that has what, 11 wins in the last two years combined? I thought Clyde was a better team than their record showed, but his overall resume isn't all that sparkling.

Certainly interesting to get a guy that has what, 11 wins in the last two years combined? I thought Clyde was a better team than their record showed, but his overall resume isn't all that sparkling.
Maybe Columbian plans to let athletes play basketball full time in the winter instead of playing basketball when the winter football schedule allows it.

IMG_2911.jpeg
Springfield found their guy. Former Whitmer assistant under Anthony Stacey.

Fayette hired Kyle Lindsay who was an asst at Trine this past year. Was the head coach at Adrian college before and is the son of Ottawa Hills' longtime coach John Lindsay.