Cincinnati Job Openings

Well, it sounds like things have calmed down at Seton. The program, girls, coaches, and parents are probably glad this hiring is over. I wish Scott Smith the best. I heard Morrison is going to stay on staff and will be heavily involved in the program.

No facts to back up your claims that the Kelsey Family Controls Elder Basketball. You a whiny biatch just like Pboy! You live in yo momma basement too?
Yeah it's just coincidence that everyone in all of these families are on any roster they want. Just a crazy coincidence! Must being amazing athletes that are producing multiple state titles per year at Elder. Oh wait...

Is PBoy still a thing around yappi?
Even though he will never admit it, I think he's finally coming around to the reality that Elder is more concerned with appeasing certain people than winning at a high level. He's finally realized that they aren't out to get better, and that that's never changing, which I've been telling him for 10+ years. He wants Elder to be a state power so bad, but it's just not going to happen with how they operate. In his defense, Elder has 100% adopted the underdog persona, which is also hilarious for one of the most well-backed, well-funded and well-resourced schools in the city. They want to keep things in-house.

A zebra doesn't change its stripes, they are what they are.

Like I've always said, Elder is free to operate however they want. But the Elder die-hards that deny what's really happening is freakin hilarious. And then they call me the liar. Different strokes for different folks up there, for sure.

Last edited:
Dang this has been some pretty good reading for sure
It's certainly entertaining when the parents try desperately to influence hiring decisions for the sake of ole Johnny and Julie. The westside is notorious for thinking their kids are the cream of the crop, that is until they leave the westside and realize that they're just kinda average overall.

Coaches like Ramsey should be given sainthood as I can't imagine what he has to deal with every day with those blow-hards. The kids and coaches are top notch. The daddy ball parents are nauseating. It's literally ruining their sports reputation and their administration should put an end to it...but $$$ talks.

Been pretty quiet on here since this thread got off track becoming a Seton-Elder discussion. Any word out there on coaching changes and updates on hiring processes?

Lakota West High School names Jay Chadwell as its girls basketball head coach https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-sc...y-chadwell-as-its-girls-basketball-head-coach
This is a good hire for West. Chadwell looks like he has won everywhere he has been. Granted smaller schools but hopefully for West it translates over.
Mason is on the clock. Still unsure of why its taking them this long especially since Matula announced his retirement at the beginning of the season and the supposed replacement was on the staff.

Talawanda hired Zach Stapleton, so you can take them off the list. I wonder what is going on at Turpin? Been open for awhile and have not heard very much from them.

Anyone have any info on what's taking Mason so long?

They've known Matula was leaving for awhile and most people I talk to expect the assistant to be hired. Maybe it wasn't as clear cut as we thought?

Anyone have any info on what's taking Mason so long?

They've known Matula was leaving for awhile and most people I talk to expect the assistant to be hired. Maybe it wasn't as clear cut as we thought?
Mason is promoting assistant Gideon Dudgeon, pending board approval.