Cincinnati Job Openings

Seton has two good options within; they also need to see what interest there is outside. Regardless, this is a crucial hire for us. The talent is there . The control of a big geographic area is there as well. Hopefully this is an appealing project to a good aspiring coach.

Last edited:
The Mason coach announced at the beginning of the season that this would be his last season. This would be one of the premiere jobs in Cincinnati. Should get a whos who in the coaching world to apply for this job.

The Seton job is also a good job at this time. Good talent already in the building. Good buzz surrounding the school. Could build a program that could be the clearly the second best in the ggcl and in great years challenge all the elite teams. I think they will be d two in the new set up also. Could make for some good tournament runs. This one should get some high quality candidates as well.

Yes Mason is open as well. I would think they have the replacement on the bench already.

Roger Bacon needs to really figure out what they want. Im pretty sure the coach that left got the job because the head coach at the time resigned right at the beginning of the season. The numbers they have had arent the greatest.

Seton I think is probably a pretty good job looking at the roster they have. Very young and Im sure the right coach could really have a impact in making that a solid program for years to come with some of the other GGCL schools struggling to get enrollment numbers up (Mercy McAuley)

Mason job is probably the biggest opportunity on the market right now and is in a strategic location between Dayton south suburbs and accessibility from I-71 and I-75. I would imagine they may already have someone in mind or a replacement from within.

The Seton job has been posted for a couple of days now; Any word on coaches that may have applied?

Roger Bacon 5-6 years ago had some pretty strong talent, but since leaving the GCL and joining the MVC, they have been near the bottom of a pretty weak conference minus the Purcell Marian All Stars and Cin. Country Day

I'm pretty sure Hamilton is open. I haven't seen official word but heard the coach is not coming back. I know the coach did not coach in the last game of the season due to some internal issues.

The Seton job is also a good job at this time. Good talent already in the building. Good buzz surrounding the school. Could build a program that could be the clearly the second best in the ggcl and in great years challenge all the elite teams. I think they will be d two in the new set up also. Could make for some good tournament runs. This one should get some high quality candidates as well.
Just curious how can you say they have the potential to challenge “all the elite teams” in great years. A couple users have mentioned that Seton has 0 quality wins in the past couple of seasons, the GGCL is extremely weak outside of MND and their overall schedule is not that competitive. Would a new coach be that much of a difference maker? A young team could be an advantage but on the other hand, is there a bottleneck of JV & Freshman players and now as a new coach, you risk peeving off people as there are no opportunities to move up. How about incoming freshman that want to play sooner rather than later – does that sway a girl’s decision? Plus the overall quality of the grade school league (GWAC ) is in the same state as the GGCL – very few A teams between the 5/6 & 7/8 leagues

From an incoming freshman standpoint for the GGCL - heard that MM & UA’s are both around 125ish which is a drastic improvement from prior years. SUA is around their normal 160ish, Seton is around 175 (last 2-3 classes around 195) & no idea of MND other than heard they had 20 girls transfer out of the school last year

Roger Bacon is going to be a tough one to revive – they haven’t had a good season the past 3 years. Talk about putting in your time for a rebuild while the position isn’t for a teaching position and not a lot of money to begin with. Will be a labor of love for sure.

Just curious how can you say they have the potential to challenge “all the elite teams” in great years. A couple users have mentioned that Seton has 0 quality wins in the past couple of seasons, the GGCL is extremely weak outside of MND and their overall schedule is not that competitive. Would a new coach be that much of a difference maker? A young team could be an advantage but on the other hand, is there a bottleneck of JV & Freshman players and now as a new coach, you risk peeving off people as there are no opportunities to move up. How about incoming freshman that want to play sooner rather than later – does that sway a girl’s decision? Plus the overall quality of the grade school league (GWAC ) is in the same state as the GGCL – very few A teams between the 5/6 & 7/8 leagues

From an incoming freshman standpoint for the GGCL - heard that MM & UA’s are both around 125ish which is a drastic improvement from prior years. SUA is around their normal 160ish, Seton is around 175 (last 2-3 classes around 195) & no idea of MND other than heard they had 20 girls transfer out of the school last year

Roger Bacon is going to be a tough one to revive – they haven’t had a good season the past 3 years. Talk about putting in your time for a rebuild while the position isn’t for a teaching position and not a lot of money to begin with. Will be a labor of love for sure.
In this situation, yes. Although, time will tell.

No disrespect meant to the assistant coaches. I can't say enough good things about them and their efforts to work with the hand that was dealt.

Any success that these girls achieved this year was because of the girls and the assistants. They were underprepared.

Last edited:

No disrespect meant to the assistant coaches. I can't say enough good things about them and their efforts to work with the hand that was dealt.

Any success that these girls achieved this year was the girls and the assistants. They were underprepared, not conditioned, not organized, zero accountability, stagnant offense with the inability to make adjustments, predictable, poor player management, ... I could go on and on.
Do you think the strategy of committing to the 9 younger players this past year will bite them in the rearend in the next couple of years?

Do you think the strategy of committing to the 9 younger players this past year will bite them in the rearend in the next couple of years?
Personally, I do not. They chose who they felt were the best 9 players school wide to make up the varsity team. Next year the term "young" goes away with 2 Seniors, 5 Juniors, and 2 Sophomores.

Just speaking from a numbers standpoint, it could have gone either way and the outcome would have been the same; we would just have had more girls on the bench this year and next year if they didn't cut the 3 Juniors.

The young girls on the team currently need to stay hungry and not be complacent. IMO, there are going to be plenty of opportunities for 2027's , 2028's, and beyond to earn their spot. Hopefully we can get a coach that can get the most out of the players and make them better at life and at basketball.

I'm pretty sure Hamilton is open. I haven't seen official word but heard the coach is not coming back. I know the coach did not coach in the last game of the season due to some internal issues.
Hamilton is a tough job as well. Last time they were any good Gideon from Mason was there (several years ago). Cant imagine many qualified coaches would be chomping at the bit to get this one.

The situation at Seton is funny to me. So its all the coaches fault? The talent level is NOT as strong as some of the parents on this site has made it seem to be. The coach may not have been the next Phil Jackson, but I can guarantee he gave his best and cared about the kids. That's why coaches coach. Parents need to look in the mirror a little bit. Maybe they are just as responsible for fostering a negative atmosphere as the coach is. Maybe they are even more responsible...

Any success that these girls achieved this year was because of the girls and the assistants. They were underprepared, not conditioned, not organized, zero accountability, stagnant offense with the inability to make adjustments, predictable, poor player management, ... I could go on and on.
Seems personal between You and former Seton Coach. Mason is now Open and I don’t believe they have a Replacement already on the bench. RB Boys and Girls were both down this season, not sure what’s going on over there

Don't you think all Hamilton coaching jobs have a chance to be more attractive in next few years?
Spooky Nook needs employees who are "sports minded" (if that's a word).
With the employees usually comes families/kids with sports in the family tree?

The situation at Seton is funny to me. So its all the coaches fault? The talent level is NOT as strong as some of the parents on this site has made it seem to be. The coach may not have been the next Phil Jackson, but I can guarantee he gave his best and cared about the kids. That's why coaches coach. Parents need to look in the mirror a little bit. Maybe they are just as responsible for fostering a negative atmosphere as the coach is. Maybe they are even more responsible...
The talent level is better than it's been in the past 15 years, but you cannot think that Seton is just a perennial powerhouse in the waiting that is going to knock off Princeton, MND, Springboro etc. all in a row. It will be interesting to see if they promote from within or bring in somebody.

3 days in; any names of coaches that have applied? What's the scope from the Seton parents on here? It has to be the talk of the "hole in the wall bars" of the west side....

Keep in mind, Seton did play a gauntlet of some pretty good teams in a tough stretch; Alter (D3 regional finals as of now), Badin (D2 regional finals as of now) Holy Cross (perennial in Class A Kentucky), MND X2 (D1 regional finals as of now), West Clermont (solid ECC). They did scrimmage Winton Woods, Springboro, Purcell Marian, Milford, and Lakota East; I didn't see anyone around Cincinnati step up with a scrimmage pre-season like that.

The talent level is better than it's been in the past 15 years, but you cannot think that Seton is just a perennial powerhouse in the waiting that is going to knock off Princeton, MND, Springboro etc. all in a row. It will be interesting to see if they promote from within or bring in somebody.

3 days in; any names of coaches that have applied? What's the scope from the Seton parents on here? It has to be the talk of the "hole in the wall bars" of the west side....

Can't speak to what you've seen on here but I'm not one to come out and say Seton is a top 10 team in the city. They have to prove it…. You are correct, he did care about the girls, and he is a very nice person. When Vincent asked if a coaching change will really matter that much, my reply is yes.

IMO, the parents did a good job to stay out of the way as much as they could and keep the girls spirits high. Sure, we had plenty of gripe sessions amongst ourselves at the Westside "hole in wall" bars : ) It was tough to watch at times.

Hoops, it's been pretty tight lipped, as it probably should be. I'd imagine that two of the existing staff members will apply. A varsity assistant and the Head JV coach. Both would do a great job at the position.

Last edited:
Don't you think all Hamilton coaching jobs have a chance to be more attractive in next few years?
Spooky Nook needs employees who are "sports minded" (if that's a word).
With the employees usually comes families/kids with sports in the family tree?
Hamilton Girls Basketball is not very good at any level. The 8th Grade Girls this yr were decent but I’m sure they will lose some Girls to Private Schools.

Hearing its just the 2 assistants and then the current Mercy McAuley coach.

People have been raving about Seton's talent for a couple years. That's what westsiders do. They typically watch their kids play other westsiders and think they're awesome, and then realize they're not when they start playing regional competition. Either that, or they get all excited about a legacy name because daddy was good, and then completely over-hype the kid.

Same thing here. It's in the DNA over there. Seton is much improved, but nowhere near a legit threat. They don't have that type of talent, they have westside talent. Westsiders think all of their kids are the best because they rarely have a broad comparison group.

People have been raving about Seton's talent for a couple years. That's what westsiders do. They typically watch their kids play other westsiders and think they're awesome, and then realize they're not when they start playing regional competition. Either that, or they get all excited about a legacy name because daddy was good, and then completely over-hype the kid.

Same thing here. It's in the DNA over there. Seton is much improved, but nowhere near a legit threat. They don't have that type of talent, they have westside talent. Westsiders think all of their kids are the best because they rarely have a broad comparison group.
Not sure as to the people you talk to but that stereotype doesn’t fit the people directly related to our team.

A lot of our girls play outside of the Westside and are pretty well versed as to where they stand.

Not sure as to the people you talk to but that stereotype doesn’t fit the people directly related to our team.

A lot of our girls play outside of the Westside and are pretty well versed as to where they stand.
Just ignore me, I usually don't know what I'm talking about.

Is the new coach going to come in and cut all of the upperclassmen again? Kind of sucks being on the other side now, doesn't it? I really wish coaches wouldn't do that. It's cruel and unnecessary.

Just ignore me, I usually don't know what I'm talking about.

Is the new coach going to come in and cut all of the upperclassmen again? Kind of sucks being on the other side now, doesn't it? I really wish coaches wouldn't do that. It's cruel and unnecessary.
They didn’t cut all the upperclassmen. Just the ones they felt weren’t going to help the program. Whether that’s ethical or not is for you to decide. Personally, I’m not a fan of cutting kids unless it’s absolutely necessary.

If by being on the other side you mean having girls that play basketball primarily with goals of playing at the next level and competing? No, it doesn’t suck.